Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,692,579 times

Advertisements

I can't imagine this show being around much longer. The kids are getting older. Pretty soon they'll lose their cuteness, and no one will watch anymore.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,523,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I can't imagine this show being around much longer. The kids are getting older. Pretty soon they'll lose their cuteness, and no one will watch anymore.

Very true and there is not really anything new and exciting for the family to share.

According to this week's People interview with Jon the marriage has been over for 6 months, Kate ended it and Jon moved in with his mother and then moved back to their house for the ratings.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:19 AM

23,909 posts, read 33,702,802 times
I had TLC on last night, apparently they are running other multiple shows, the couple with the 5 kids was on (Ferrills I think).

I wonder if they're trying to find another family that viewers like.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,468,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Jon is really turning me off.
I dislike the look on his face when he talks and when he's away, he looks like he thinks he's a star
Thank you. When I was reading comments that Kate was a monster to poor Jon, - those comments assumed that Jon was a man with substance. With Jon, there is no substance. From the beginning, he seemed to me like a paper toy boat jerking in the water, whichever way the wind blows. Especially when they showed their pre-marriage clip, when K&J, then 20-somethings, gave Christmas presents to each other. Jon was jerked this way and that way by Kate after opening her presents. Even then, one could see that that was a man with no spine, who was just taking what came his way, who, while not comfortable in his own skin, was less so when submissing to someone who'd think for him.

He's never been a Man to start with. There is something missing in him, - substance, backbone, independence? Now, suddenly given the riches, he will do what an aimless person would - stumbling about life, without really knowing why he is doing what he's doing. (That will include women who will get younger and younger, slobbery, waste).

Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,240,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I didn't read through all of the threads b/c there are just too many. But I just wanted to add that there is probably a deep desire for Kate to make so much money to make sure her kids are provided for because she grew up poor. Unless you grew up without money it is hard to understand. Deep down it's probably a fear of hers.

Anyways, I hope they work things out. I do believe the show is pretty played out and now that the kids are school age they need their privacy.
I agree.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,240,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've been watching a lot of Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood, they have been making a lot of good points that are actually swaying how I feel.

What they said the kids have logged in hours was unbelievable.
Chances are Jon & Kate have not made trust accounts for them.
While I agree that in the beginning they needed the money to survive - feed, cloth & house the kids.. at some point each kid should have gotten a paycheck and it would probably have been at the start of last season when everything changed.

I do feel the state of PA will do something, they can't not. They have to change the laws now.

I also don't feel Kevin & Jodi have the kids best interests in mind any more.
I've said it before, I don't doubt they have been hit by the economy and need the money.

There was a marriage counselor on one episode; they said that from the episodes they've seen, Kate looked genuinely happy in the birthday issue; she (counselor) blasted Jon for not being there for Kate's birthday. She also said they are headed for a divorce if they don't get help.

Jon is really turning me off.
I dislike the look on his face when he talks and when he's away, he looks like he thinks he's a star, his new hair grown in, those shades. I don't care for Kate's shades either.

One of Kates old boyfriends is getting in on the action; I don't doubt the girl Jon dumped for Kate will talk next.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.
I didn't really care for that marriage counselor on ET, or whatever the show was. She seemed to place the blame on Jon; "poor Kate" alone on her birthday. I think there is enough blame for the both of them. Maybe the counselor was critical of Kate, too but it was edited out.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,554,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Thank you. When I was reading comments that Kate was a monster to poor Jon, - those comments assumed that Jon was a man with substance. With Jon, there is no substance. From the beginning, he seemed to me like a paper toy boat jerking in the water, whichever way the wind blows. Especially when they showed their pre-marriage clip, when K&J, then 20-somethings, gave Christmas presents to each other. Jon was jerked this way and that way by Kate after opening her presents. Even then, one could see that that was a man with no spine, who was just taking what came his way, who, while not comfortable in his own skin, was less so when submissing to someone who'd think for him.

He's never been a Man to start with. There is something missing in him, - substance, backbone, independence? Now, suddenly given the riches, he will do what an aimless person would - stumbling about life, without really knowing why he is doing what he's doing. (That will include women who will get younger and younger, slobbery, waste).
I haven't really noticed THAT many people feeling sorry for Jon, to be honest. Kate is easier to be hard on, because 1) she is a really loud obnoxious piece of work and 2) she is clearly the one "driving" and making decisions for her family that many find very questionable, but I don't see how criticizing her more indicates pity for Jon.

I agree with what you said about him never becoming a grown-up man or having a strong character 100%, well said.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM

491 posts, read 750,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post

I can not agree with this. Jon was the one going to work everyday to provide for the family and many times he missed doing things with the kids because he had to work. He also has built or fixed a lot of stuff around there house. Jon has been a lot more independent then Kate has it seems Kate is a spoiled child(like Maddy).

Old 06-04-2009, 10:47 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,523,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
I can not agree with this. Jon was the one going to work everyday to provide for the family and many times he missed doing things with the kids because he had to work. He also has built or fixed a lot of stuff around there house. Jon has been a lot more independent then Kate has it seems Kate is a spoiled child(like Maddy).
Jon was working outside the home when the show began and then he changed jobs and then he 'worked at home'/in the bedroom closet and that job might have been managing the family's speaking engagements.

I believe his father was a dentist and last week Jon said his father did a lot of volunteer work with children who were medically challenged. If he is measuring himself against his Dad then he needs to find something 'worth' doing.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 AM

90 posts, read 177,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Yeah, remember the line from the 1st episode of the season: "Everything I do is for my kids. I breathe for my kids, I live for my kids, I wake up for my kids."

Uh-huh. Read between the lines: I wouldn't be rich if it weren't for my kids. I wouldn't get free clothes, vacations, nice cars, huge homes, become a regular at the spa if it weren't for my kids.
You are so right! Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess going to a beach and making sure cameras and photographers are around is also for the kids. Uh huh, has to show off her body thanks to FREE plastic surgery and FREE everything. I know she forgot what it's like to go out in the work force. I don't call traveling work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV