Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,984,575 times

Advertisements

What's worse is now they have confirmed they are completely driven towards nothing but fame and fortune. The last two episodes apparently had Food Network stars and next week Jon is on American Chopper getting a bike made by OCC.

I don't watch it and I won't watch that episode of American Chopper. I can't stand Kate or Jon - the whole show is nothing but a charade. In 10 years we'll probably see one or two of the kids on "Intervention" because this cannot be good for the mental health of the children.

Here's one perspective worth reading:

http://learningmylines.blogspot.com/...-too-late.html

Last edited by car957; 06-05-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM

23,940 posts, read 33,814,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
What's worse is now they have confirmed they are completely driven towards nothing but fame and fortune. The last two episodes apparently had Food Network stars and next week Jon is on American Chopper getting a bike made by OCC.

I don't watch it and I won't watch that episode of American Chopper. I can't stand Kate or Jon - the whole show is nothing but a charade. In 10 years we'll probably see one or two of the kids on "Intervention" because this cannot be good for the mental health of the children.

Here's one perspective worth reading:

learning my lines. . .: Jon & Kate. . . Too Late?

Hmmmm... another blog about Jon & Kate.
How many people are actually going to read that? Talk about long.
I guess everyone wants their 15 minutes now. If he coded it right, it will get picked up by Google when people Google J&K.

sigh...

Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM

444 posts, read 1,051,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Just curious...at what point does everyone define the J&K+8 series as "jumping the shark"?

It already did!

Old 06-05-2009, 03:01 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,164,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
You are so right! Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess going to a beach and making sure cameras and photographers are around is also for the kids. Uh huh, has to show off her body thanks to FREE plastic surgery and FREE everything. I know she forgot what it's like to go out in the work force. I don't call traveling work.
I don't have a problem with parents who have to travel for work. There are probably millions of them. Those people, however, are traveling because their job requires it. I still don't get what she thinks she is an "expert" at. I would not take advice from Kate on anything. Not even before I started to lose interest in the show. I would not call her a great wife. I would not call her a great mother. She doesn't keep her house any cleaner than I keep mine. She talked about how she was always making meals, but from every show I saw, it was a standard sandwich, fruit and typical kid food on a paper plate. I give my kids better food than that! It's not that she's a "bad" mother (at least from the first few seasons), it's just that I don't think she has any great secret to share with the rest of us. So, basically, she's getting credit for doing nothing really well, talking to her husband like he's an idiot and having lots of babies at once. Whoopee.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,164,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
If i 'm right and I might not be . I think Kate said she was a friend. Her daughter would also come and help out and was there during a few trips. Then there was Nana Mary.
Yes, Carla and her daughter were at the birthday party but they didn't ever seem like friends to me. Carla was always shown sweeping out the garage and tidying up while Kate was doing whatever it is that she does. Her daughter was always babysitting.

I don't remember Nana Mary.

I do remember Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin. They took care of the kids while they went on their one-on-one days with each child. They took them while J&K went to the Florida Keys, and they took them while J&K packed for Disneyworld.

The other couple was Beth and Bob. They did the whole opening sequence of the show in their yard (the one when they were dressed in fall colors). Beth was Kate's spa friend. She also took her to IKEA to buy furniture to help organize the play rooms. They have a daughter that was described as Kara and Mady's best friend. One year for their birthday, they only wanted to have a sleepover with her.

And I remember Nana Janet. She was there from the beginning when the kids first came home from the hospital. They went caroling at her house and Nana Janet attempted to ride a pony at the sextuplet's front yard birthday party.

Seems everyone is gone and out of the kids' lives except those that Kate pays to be there. Very sad.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:09 PM

90 posts, read 177,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I don't have a problem with parents who have to travel for work. There are probably millions of them. Those people, however, are traveling because their job requires it. I still don't get what she thinks she is an "expert" at. I would not take advice from Kate on anything. Not even before I started to lose interest in the show. I would not call her a great wife. I would not call her a great mother. She doesn't keep her house any cleaner than I keep mine. She talked about how she was always making meals, but from every show I saw, it was a standard sandwich, fruit and typical kid food on a paper plate. I give my kids better food than that! It's not that she's a "bad" mother (at least from the first few seasons), it's just that I don't think she has any great secret to share with the rest of us. So, basically, she's getting credit for doing nothing really well, talking to her husband like he's an idiot and having lots of babies at once. Whoopee.
True, but she seems to think that she's every mother's dream mother figure. No way!!!! Writing books should not be her forte, taking care of her kids should be. She does not do much for her kids, her nannies, maids and Jon do. She should get a life and go back to work and know what it's like to pay bills by actually working hard for it other than traveling to promote books about 8 kids. Give me a break, I have better things to do than read her silly stories.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM

50,522 posts, read 64,480,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Yes, Carla and her daughter were at the birthday party but they didn't ever seem like friends to me. Carla was always shown sweeping out the garage and tidying up while Kate was doing whatever it is that she does. Her daughter was always babysitting.

I don't remember Nana Mary.

I do remember Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin. They took care of the kids while they went on their one-on-one days with each child. They took them while J&K went to the Florida Keys, and they took them while J&K packed for Disneyworld.

The other couple was Beth and Bob. They did the whole opening sequence of the show in their yard (the one when they were dressed in fall colors). Beth was Kate's spa friend. She also took her to IKEA to buy furniture to help organize the play rooms. They have a daughter that was described as Kara and Mady's best friend. One year for their birthday, they only wanted to have a sleepover with her.

And I remember Nana Janet. She was there from the beginning when the kids first came home from the hospital. They went caroling at her house and Nana Janet attempted to ride a pony at the sextuplet's front yard birthday party.

Seems everyone is gone and out of the kids' lives except those that Kate pays to be there. Very sad.
Nana Janet folded laundry on Thursdays. Haven't seen her lately. I guess she must have fallen into the "if you're on camera, you need to be paid" category. Bye-bye Nana J.
I hear Kate say that she's begging their friends not to abandon them because of the paparazzi, etc. I wonder what friends are left?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM

Bottom line, for me, is that now their 15 minutes of fame is over, so I hope they have paid for the house, and banked the children's college educations.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM

I wonder who will finally bag an interview with Kate's parents or Jon's mother? Those people will have the key to the true personalities of each of them.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,347,455 times
Beth wrote Kate's book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV