Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 10:27 AM

130,456 posts, read 12,124,678 times

Advertisements

Well, if it is not renewed, at least the season ended in a satisfactory way, with a promotion for Murtagh, & Riggs getting shot, if he survives, & gets with Molly, I think it will improve his death wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,830,027 times
They left a lot of open questions in this obvious cliff hanger.
Spoiler
Did Rigg's dad actually die? He was hit on the head with a rock and went down, unconscious, and there was blood, but not buckets and it wasn't mentioned later that he died.

Riggs, being shot, was in a large graveyard. It's conceivable to go either way:
the gunshot isn't heard or reported and Riggs dies on his wife's grave,
OR: it's reported, and he's rescued. Perhaps to need a long recuperation (back home in Texas, under the care of Molly?), and thus be written out but alive.

The previous eps make it unlikely that Murtagh would decide at the last minute to turn down the captains spot (because he 'misses the street'), due to previous conversations with his wife and outgoing captain.

This leads to a pretty dark future for the show. I can't see the actors or characters being replaced. It worked so well because of the chemistry of G/ M, just like in the movies. They'd have to do a re-re-boot and that would be even more unlikely than the current surprisingly well done series.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:48 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,730,456 times
Renewed for season 3

Sean William Scott (Stifler for you "American Pie" fans) takes over the role as Riggs.

I was dead set against recasting the role but seeing Scott play the quiet crazy in "Goon" and its sequel he might be able to pull it off.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:29 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Renewed for season 3

Sean William Scott (Stifler for you "American Pie" fans) takes over the role as Riggs.

I was dead set against recasting the role but seeing Scott play the quiet crazy in "Goon" and its sequel he might be able to pull it off.
Nooooooooo. I detest Sean William Scott.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:47 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Nooooooooo. I detest Sean William Scott.
Probably won't watch Lethal Weapon, again. Remember 2 1/2 Men? Sure, Charlie was a wild guy, but he made the show work. How did that firing go for that show?

Don't know anything about Sean, but he is not Clayne, don't think he could play his brother, either, and I for one don't think it will work. In fact, I think they just ruined my favorite show. Sounds like politics and jealousy played a bad role here.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Probably won't watch Lethal Weapon, again. Remember 2 1/2 Men? Sure, Charlie was a wild guy, but he made the show work. How did that firing go for that show?

Don't know anything about Sean, but he is not Clayne, don't think he could play his brother, either, and I for one don't think it will work. In fact, I think they just ruined my favorite show. Sounds like politics and jealousy played a bad role here.
Lasted 4 more seasons

Old 05-14-2018, 03:29 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Lasted 4 more seasons
Oh, really? Anyway, I did not watch it anymore. Had a great cast. 4 more seasons. Hmmm. Guess, it went on without me. Anyway, back to my drawing board.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:42 AM

130,456 posts, read 12,124,678 times
Thank you Sabres, for the update. I will watch & see how it turns out.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Renewed for season 3

I think it's a new character, not Riggs.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think it's a new character, not Riggs.
It is. I think I was several Sunday beers in when I posted it (it was reported that SWS "replaces" Crawford" so I assumed initially) and when I got all of the details it was too late to edit the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV