Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 12:26 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times

Advertisements

One of the stores in the mall appeared to be named, "Crazy 8."

Poor Irene. Being shunned by all her friends. Jimmy really manipulated the situation to his advantage. It was pretty genius, actually. I guess the show is supposed to be showing us the arc of how he went from Jimmy McGill... lawyer with a conscience... to Saul Goodman... lawyer with no scruples at all. I figured we'd reach a point when we'd all be appalled by his actions. (I kept saying, "Stop it, Jimmy! Oh my God, that poor nice lady!) while watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 01:10 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I caught that, too.. Funny. I didn't know if that was actually a store or if it was an easter egg.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:02 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I caught that, too.. Funny. I didn't know if that was actually a store or if it was an easter egg.
Maybe they sell meth in that store. Those ladies were walking pretty fast! (Bad joke. Grandmas on meth would be a horrible storyline.)

Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,831 times
Quote:
It is an actual store that sells children's clothing. One of the locations in ABQ is at the Cottonwood Mall, which is where I believe they also shoot the scenes where Saul/Gene is working at Cinnabon.

Children's Clothing, Toddler Clothing & Kids Clothes at Crazy 8

BTW, did they ever mention how Crazy 8 (or is it Krazy 8?) got that nickname?

Old 06-13-2017, 05:42 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
That seemed like an incredibly long and complicated scam, just to get her to do that. Since she seemed to trust him, wouldn't it have been easier just to change her mind by talking to her? He started out that way, but never pressed his case with her.
Since Jimmy has been suspended as a lawyer, he can't say anything that might be construed as giving legal advice, so he has to be very careful about what he says. Which is why when Irene asked Jimmy directly what she should do, he didn't give her a direct answer.

I was laughing when Jimmy brought over those store bought cookies and then told Irene that he had baked them himself and brought them over because he thought they looked like the woman's cat.
I've gotta find some of those myself to bring to my female friend with 2 cats! I think she'd love 'em!

Quote:
I actually thought Jimmy called out Howard on HIS BS.

Jimmy was right.. The money will go to the lawyers. So, holding out increases the payday for the lawyers, while barely making a blip in what the members of the class will get individually.
Agreed. With law firms it's all about how many hours they can bill their clients. The longer the lawsuit drags out, the more hours they can bill and the more money they can make, though the clients won't necessarily make any more money themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post

Poor Irene. Being shunned by all her friends. Jimmy really manipulated the situation to his advantage. It was pretty genius, actually. I guess the show is supposed to be showing us the arc of how he went from Jimmy McGill... lawyer with a conscience... to Saul Goodman... lawyer with no scruples at all. I figured we'd reach a point when we'd all be appalled by his actions. (I kept saying, "Stop it, Jimmy! Oh my God, that poor nice lady!) while watching.
I felt bad for Irene too. It was a pretty low thing of Jimmy to manipulate her in that way, but I imagine Jimmy felt that his actions were justified because both he and the Sandpiper residents would benefit by getting the settlement money sooner rather than later.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
It really irritates me how much the seniors are portrayed as gullible and easily manipulated. They are not dementia patients in a nursing home. They are just going to believe Jimmy and not even ask their friend anything?

Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post

Agreed. With law firms it's all about how many hours they can bill their clients. The longer the lawsuit drags out, the more hours they can bill and the more money they can make, though the clients won't necessarily make any more money themselves.

I felt bad for Irene too. It was a pretty low thing of Jimmy to manipulate her in that way, but I imagine Jimmy felt that his actions were justified because both he and the Sandpiper residents would benefit by getting the settlement money sooner rather than later.
The Sandpiper case is contingency - clients get 2/3, atty gets 1/3. There are no billable hours or upfront retainer. Jimmy gets 20% per agreement w/Howard.
Dragging the case out longer would result in bigger fee for HHM & Jimmy, but also more money for clients.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:25 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
The Sandpiper case is contingency - clients get 2/3, atty gets 1/3. There are no billable hours or upfront retainer. Jimmy gets 20% per agreement w/Howard.
Dragging the case out longer would result in bigger fee for HHM & Jimmy, but also more money for clients.
But still.. We don't know how many members of the class there are.. considering there were locations of Sandpiper in many states.. It is not outlandish to think there are thousands.. so, assuming your numbers are right.. if there are 5000 members of the class, an extra 5 million bucks only brings about 670 per client, but brings an added 1.65 million to the lawyers.

And that was the point Jimmy was making.. Is it worth making the old folks wait an additional year or several years for a relatively small extra amount? They're getting what they are owed, plus a decent little amount extra.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Any thoughts on Salamanca? He seemed quite fine taking the pills after his "condition" acted up during the meeting, so either it's all psychosomatic with him, or he's on to the switch. Nacho was fighting to hide his shock.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:40 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
For those of us in Pennsylvania who are old enough to remember the fixed 666 state lottery in 1980, his bingo game was all too familiar. Only here they injected paint into the 4's and 6's to weigh them down. It was pretty funny, the only way the police found out was the mob refused to pay anyone with those tickets, they knew what happened. One of those writers must have recalled that incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV