Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 AM

17,759 posts, read 15,553,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
They were last seen in the Season 1 episode that was coincidentally titled "Bingo". The husband embezzled $1.6M, and Jimmy was ultimately able to get him to take a plea deal with Kim that gave the husband a 16 month prison sentence, instead of the likely 30 year sentence he would have gotten if he went to trial and lost his case.

Does that refresh your memory?
That's them? Good Lord..

I did not recognize them whatsoever. Of course, I can't remember things a day later, and that was 3 years ago..

The kids threw me a little, because I don't recall ever seeing them on the show, just the wife and husband.. And that would be a prison beard, wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 10:51 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,483,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's them? Good Lord..

I did not recognize them whatsoever. Of course, I can't remember things a day later, and that was 3 years ago..

The kids threw me a little, because I don't recall ever seeing them on the show, just the wife and husband.. And that would be a prison beard, wouldn't it?
I've probably watched Season 1 more recently than you as I first watched it on Netflix and not when it originally aired. I've also gone back and re-watched a lot of the episodes when I had Netflix again earlier this year.

Yes, the kids have been on BCS before. After they thought someone was coming to kill them and steal their money Mr. & Mrs. K took the family to hide out in the woods behind their home which is where Jimmy found them all singing together in their tent. LOL

Yup, Mr. K is sportin' a prison beard now.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,940,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
No, Howard doesn't have to agree, but the one thing that has been stopping Irene all this time is the advice of the attorney. If Howard tells them it's time to settle, then it will happen...
Thats why jimmy put so much effort in to getting Irene to want the lawsuit to be over with. She seems to want to wash her hands of it now, which means she'll probably tell the lawyers to settle regardless.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,940,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Has anyone been playing the BCS Bingo game that is advertised in the commercials with the new Acura NSX during Better Call Saul?

If you successfully answer all of the questions for each week, your reward is a short video featuring some characters that we haven't seen in a while.

Better Call Saul | Trivia Bingo | Play to unlock exclusive content!
The Kettleman's... They're so WIERD!

Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 993,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thats why jimmy put so much effort in to getting Irene to want the lawsuit to be over with. She seems to want to wash her hands of it now, which means she'll probably tell the lawyers to settle regardless.
I think the Irene should get some kind of award for her part , she really did seem she was very upset being treated that way by her friends , hard to think she's really not that way , Unless they told her it was all real Lol

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,876,899 times
That episode went a long way in making Jimmy unlikable. That's a pretty interesting switch and I suppose meant to bring us closer to Saul. Simple, but very well done.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,355,374 times
btw Sandpiper Crossings had a total of 12 assisted living facilities. Season 1 episode "Rico" mentions this several times.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 AM

In S1 "Pimento" at the meeting at HHM Jimmy said they had 68 total plaintiffs in the Sandpiper case, and were hoping to raise that number to 350.
That's a far cry from 5000.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM

17,759 posts, read 15,553,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
In S1 "Pimento" at the meeting at HHM Jimmy said they had 68 total plaintiffs in the Sandpiper case, and were hoping to raise that number to 350.
That's a far cry from 5000.
It doesn't really change things a whole lot. If we're going off the aforementioned 1/3rd to lawyers, 2/3rds to clients..

Jimmys cut being 1.2 million (give or take) means that the lawyers part is 6 million (1.2 million is 20% of 6 million). Which means that the clients part is 12 million (6 million is 1/3rd of 18 million, 12 million is 2/3rds of 18 million) for a total settlement of 18 million.

Chuck's initial offer at settling was for $20 million. That's as they came to the table. So.. Break down the math..

At 18 million, each client, if there are 350, splits 12 million equally (And there's some question here, because class actions aren't always split equally) which gives each member of the class $34285.

At 20 million, each client, if there are 350, splits equally 13.2 million.. Which breaks out to $37714

HHM goes from 6 million to 6.6 million

So.. In order for this to be worthwhile to the clients, at their age... It would seem that you'd need to increase the pot by more than the ~10% of going from 18 to 20 million. And, based on Chuck's original settlement offer of $20 million.. How much more would there be? If he threw that out as the first number, it should have been a HIGH number.. They're getting only 2 million less than that.. If Chuck threw out a 'reasonable' settlement offer at the start of negotiations, he's a horrible lawyer.

Jimmy's methods in attempting to get the clients to agree to settle were horrible.. However, I think that at the end of the day.. He is correct in that the gains they could get by holding out are outweighed by the time it would take to get it. If they can get $34285 now, or wait 2 more years for $37714.. Some of them will be dead by then. Does that make sense to hold out for that small an extra amount? We see the ladies who are mall walking.. Out of those 350 members, there's others that aren't doing that well. There's likely some of them bedridden and much closer to the end.

So.. With that.. While his methods are horrible.. His thought process may actually be right and the best thing for all involved (except the lawyers).

Anyway.. Tonight's (season finale) episode is entitled "Lantern"..

Gilligan doesn't normally obscure things.. The episode titles are generally rather significant. And, being a season finale, it should be big.

Could this be the ending of Chuck? Just spitballing.. Lantern could refer to the many gas lanterns he keeps at the house.. Maybe one of them gets knocked over and Chuck is severely injured in the resulting fire.. Next year is a battle between Jimmy and Howard Hamlin over Chuck's money as maybe now he needs it for hospital care?

Old 06-19-2017, 05:37 PM

One would think a partner in a law firm would have health insurance to cover medical/hospital expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV