Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 03:26 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,475,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I was excited to see AMC run the Season 3 marathon over Memorial Day weekend, so I could record it on my DVR for a friend to catch up. Then, on Tuesday, I was so disappointed to see there was not a new episode on Monday night.

I started late on Breaking Bad and watched everything up to Season 5 on NetFlix. Waiting a week between episodes of Better Call Saul is tough enough, without them skipping weeks!
Greetings fellow City of Oaks resident! From your profile it looks like you might live in the area close to the State Bureau of Investigation?

This is the first week a new episode has not been aired since Season 3 started. Just 3 more episodes left in this season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,100,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I was excited to see AMC run the Season 3 marathon over Memorial Day weekend, so I could record it on my DVR for a friend to catch up. Then, on Tuesday, I was so disappointed to see there was not a new episode on Monday night.

I started late on Breaking Bad and watched everything up to Season 5 on NetFlix. Waiting a week between episodes of Better Call Saul is tough enough, without them skipping weeks!
I liked them doing it that way, since I saved them all on DVR, and did not have to rush through them all before watching a "new" episode. I had seen them all, but it was nice to review them again, comparing what was on to the comments here on CD.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
That firehouse looked like the one from BB when WW left Holly there (after he had taken her from Skyler).
You're exactly right, MGS4EVER!

I was just looking at my Facebook news feed, and saw a post from BCS / Breaking Bad that mentioned "a familiar firehouse". The one where Gus Fring was talking to the firemen was indeed the same one where Walt had left the baby in Breaking Bad.

Video Extra - Better Call Saul - Breaking Bad Easter Eggs on Better Call Saul: Season 3, Episode 4 - AMC

Old 06-02-2017, 11:33 AM

745 posts, read 881,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post

I was just looking at my Facebook news feed, and saw a post from BCS / Breaking Bad that mentioned "a familiar firehouse". The one where Gus Fring was talking to the firemen was indeed the same one where Walt had left the baby in Breaking Bad.

Video Extra - Better Call Saul - Breaking Bad Easter Eggs on Better Call Saul: Season 3, Episode 4 - AMC
I love finding the Easter eggs! It's like a bonus within the episode.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:35 AM

2,106 posts, read 983,779 times
Quote:

Not much difference between one fire house and another ?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:48 AM

So many things were going on in last night's episode, but I'll just touch on a few of them here:
  • I guess Kim didn't get offered a job at that other law firm after all. It was just her and her Mesa Verde clients enjoying drinks in the copper mugs at a business lunch.
  • Looks like I was wrong about Mike telling someone on the phone that he needed to look for Nacho. As someone else predicted, it seems like Mike was looking for the missing husband of that woman he met at the church group. But why would Mike think that Nacho would know anything about that missing man?
  • Slippin' Jimmy is back! That staged fall that he did in the music store was classic. Those two guys were scumbags thinking they could get their first commercial done by Jimmy for free and then not honor the agreement they had made to purchase the other commercials at the regular rate.
  • I enjoyed the scene were Jimmy got $700 from the drug dealer to get him out of his community service for the day. Perhaps this is where Jimmy gets the idea to develop a law practice representing criminals?
  • Chuck seems to be making amazing progress in dealing with his problems with electricity. I thought for sure he was going to collapse in the supermarket when he was walking down the aisle between those brightly lit freezers.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Question Mike's cars

Has anyone else noticed that Mike has used a bunch of different cars at different times during the show? He's got that old burgundy Chrysler sedan as his main car, but he's also been seen driving a Chevrolet station wagon (which he left at the junk yard after his aborted attempt to kill Hector), a blue Buick sedan, and last night he was driving a Ford LTD.

I guess he is somehow picking up other cars when he plans to do something that he'd rather not be tied back to him. Is he stealing these cars and then ditching them later when he no longer needs them? I haven't seen anything other than the Chrysler in front of his house.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,250,205 times
Quote:
[*]Looks like I was wrong about Mike telling someone on the phone that he needed to look for Nacho. As someone else predicted, it seems like Mike was looking for the missing husband of that woman he met at the church group. But why would Mike think that Nacho would know anything about that missing man?
I'm not sure that was the same missing person. I think Mike was simply moved by that lady's story, and realized he had done the same thing to the driver that was killed in his truck fiasco. So he wanted to give closure to the family of that driver.

Also, that lady said her husband was hiking, not driving a truck.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I'm not sure that was the same missing person. I think Mike was simply moved by that lady's story, and realized he had done the same thing to the driver that was killed in his truck fiasco. So he wanted to give closure to the family of that driver.

Also, that lady said her husband was hiking, not driving a truck.
This. Mike asked Nacho where they buried the body of the good Samaritan and then he went out and found him.
Mike wants to be on the right side of the law and do good things (like donating his time building the walkway). Unfortunately, the wrong side of the law pays really well.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that Mike has used a bunch of different cars at different times during the show? He's got that old burgundy Chrysler sedan as his main car, but he's also been seen driving a Chevrolet station wagon (which he left at the junk yard after his aborted attempt to kill Hector), a blue Buick sedan, and last night he was driving a Ford LTD.

I guess he is somehow picking up other cars when he plans to do something that he'd rather not be tied back to him. Is he stealing these cars and then ditching them later when he no longer needs them? I haven't seen anything other than the Chrysler in front of his house.
I noticed that last night as well. I doubt he's stealing them though. He might have some kind of deal with the junk yard guy to keep them there or just pay per use of them.

I liked the scenes of Nacho practicing the pill drop into the jacket pocket and the later the actual drop. I just hope the cook in the back didn't see what Nacho did. He had full view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV