Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,276,365 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have to rewatch them at night!!! I couldn't see anything because the scenes were so dark. But from what I did see it was pretty chilling. Great start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 11:58 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
I watched the first two episodes of Season Two today. Both of them were so emotionally charged. I think the writers, director, heck everyone involved, are doing an excellent job of expanding Atwood's world of Gilead in the same vein of the book. Well done and looking forward to more!

Old 04-26-2018, 12:39 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,557,960 times
It’s absolutely MADDENING that they’re releasing a new episode weekly!

It makes sense from a business model because whenever a Netflix releases a new season of OITNB, The Crown, or Stranger Things etc. it makes the headlines for a week and everyone's talking about it. Then you don’t hear anything about it until the next season. I think that Hulu is trying to get more people talking about it and keep the momentum up.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:33 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
It’s absolutely MADDENING that they’re releasing a new episode weekly!

It makes sense from a business model because whenever a Netflix releases a new season of OITNB, The Crown, or Stranger Things etc. it makes the headlines for a week and everyone's talking about it. Then you don’t hear anything about it until the next season. I think that Hulu is trying to get more people talking about it and keep the momentum up.
It is maddening but I kind of like it because I would have already watched the whole season today LOL

Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM

274 posts, read 238,002 times
I was super tired last night and decided to binge watch the second season. Didn't realize it wasn't released all at once, so I was disappointed. However, I will say that had the entire season been available, I was hooked enough that I most likely would have spent the night fighting to stay awake for "just one more" episode.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:36 PM

6,382 posts, read 5,507,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Are they actually doing anything of substance in the colonies? Or is that just the fate of 'hell of earth'?
Seems like it is just essentially punitive labor. My prediction would be that they carry on with that facade for a while before it is revealed there is another reason for the digging. Almost like they took a plot-line from "Holes" but with a much darker/morbid backstory.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Are they actually doing anything of substance in the colonies? Or is that just the fate of 'hell of earth'?
They're cleaning up radioactive waste. I'm not sure though if Gilead actually believes they can eventually get it all cleaned, or if its just a fate worse then death type of punishment.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,585,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They're cleaning up radioactive waste. I'm not sure though if Gilead actually believes they can eventually get it all cleaned, or if its just a fate worse then death type of punishment.
I think it must be. In a society where so many would welcome death as a way out, they use this as another means of control.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:54 PM

4,035 posts, read 2,722,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Seems like it is just essentially punitive labor. My prediction would be that they carry on with that facade for a while before it is revealed there is another reason for the digging. Almost like they took a plot-line from "Holes" but with a much darker/morbid backstory.
Makes you wonder about the Aunts assigned to watch them. Yes, they had protective gear, but what about their food/water? It seems there'd be a high risk of contamination for them, even with precautions. Are these Aunts also somewhat disgraced by virtue of being there?

Old 04-28-2018, 11:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,585,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Makes you wonder about the Aunts assigned to watch them. Yes, they had protective gear, but what about their food/water? It seems there'd be a high risk of contamination for them, even with precautions. Are these Aunts also somewhat disgraced by virtue of being there?
Of course. Just like on plantations during slavery. There were slaves or very low level whites that were in almost as bad of circumstance, but not quite. Better enough only to the extent they'd be willing to exert control over others, lest they become one of them.

I meant to rewind to the part when the gay couple was trying to get into Canada. Was one a Canadian citizen, or how did she get to go?

Also, I think the baby went with her, which is my other question. Since they asked whose EGG it was, and who carried the baby.

Our character said her, it was her baby biologically. Their union was declared invalid, if the baby was American (now Gilead) seems they would have kept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV