Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 04:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

When I watched again I think pregnant or not seeing her daughter is what pushed her over the edge. That is when she started with the f you and you too and you over there - f you too, and f all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 04:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It was some metal cuff put on their ears to signify that they were handmaids or fertile.
Thank you! I had no idea.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It was some metal cuff put on their ears to signify that they were handmaids or fertile.
OK but how could it hurt that bad? The sounds they did made it seem like it was going INTO HER BRAIN.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
I don't think it went into her ear. It appeared that the gun was pressed to her head just above her ear.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't think it went into her ear. It appeared that the gun was pressed to her head just above her ear.
Yeah, like a tracker or something. But those don't go in the head. (I know this due to other TV shows and movies, lol).

Anyway the sounds. Just something in the ear would not be that painful. GOD. This horrible Gilead. I am really excited for next season. I loved the 'It's a New Dawn, a New Day' song playing as the handmaids walked back from their defiant act. Hell, yeah! It's a new day around here, cowboys. Praised Be, biatches!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:40 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Yes, this is basically the end of the book. Offred is refered to in the epilogue, but there really aren't any answers. You get a few little pieces, but they are still vague.

The series covered the book, but it did change quite a few things. The first several episodes stuck mostly to the book, but often told things in a different order. The later episodes took a lot more creative liberties.
Some examples:
- You never know exactly what happened to Luke in the book.
- Ofglen's story (the first Ofglen- Alexis Bledel) is quite different. She is with Offred all the way to the end. I thought Ofglen hung her self or that's what Ofred is told
- The stoning- in the book it is not another handmaid .
- Janine and her baby have a different story line June/Ofred does not like Janine in the book,,,at all!
- Moira's story ends quite differentlywe don't really know what happens to Moira after the brothel--June only goes to the brothel once
- Serena shows Offred a picture of her daughter early on as a bribe to get her to sleep with Nick. They never go see her
- There are two Marthas in the book, and one is pretty mean towards Offred.Rita the one on the show is not particularly nice to June, Cora, who's not on the show is warm and seems to care for June.

I do definitely recommend reading the book. I understand a lot of the changes made to the series- they are likely setting up the next season.
The first season covers the general aspect of the book and added a lot more detail than we get in the book.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:17 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
The first season covers the general aspect of the book and added a lot more detail than we get in the book.
Yeah, I was leaving it vague because I think a few were interested in reading it. I didn't want to spoil it for them....

Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Yeah, like a tracker or something. But those don't go in the head. (I know this due to other TV shows and movies, lol).

Anyway the sounds. Just something in the ear would not be that painful. GOD. This horrible Gilead. I am really excited for next season. I loved the 'It's a New Dawn, a New Day' song playing as the handmaids walked back from their defiant act. Hell, yeah! It's a new day around here, cowboys. Praised Be, biatches!

I thought it was an ear cuff they put on them. It looked like a very crude piercing gun and it probably goes all the way through the ear so it cannot be removed

When she goes to the brothel with the Commander, there's a good shot of it when he pulls her hair over it so it's not so obvious she's not a wife

Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Yeah, I was leaving it vague because I think a few were interested in reading it. I didn't want to spoil it for them....
It's a 30 year old book...I don't think anything is a spoiler if it has been out that long.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I thought it was an ear cuff they put on them. It looked like a very crude piercing gun and it probably goes all the way through the ear so it cannot be removed

When she goes to the brothel with the Commander, there's a good shot of it when he pulls her hair over it so it's not so obvious she's not a wife
Yes, you can see it well in that scene. I think it would be downright painful. This is not a piercing of the earlobe. It's a cuff (not even a small hole) in the cartilidge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV