Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 06:59 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to see if they repeat he "don't look at the dogs, work the lock" gag in the first ep.

As far as the old cast...
  • Maybe Tom Selleck would be good as a NCIS commander like "Buck"
  • I could see them bringing Rick Larry Manetti back to play an "Icepick like" character.
  • Unfortunately at 80, I'm not sure if Roger Mosley would be up to a part.
  • Of course, John Hillerman is no longer with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I'm curious to see if they repeat he "don't look at the dogs, work the lock" gag in the first ep.

As far as the old cast...
  • Maybe Tom Selleck would be good as a NCIS commander like "Buck"
  • I could see them bringing Rick Larry Manetti back to play an "Icepick like" character.
  • Unfortunately at 80, I'm not sure if Roger Mosley would be up to a part.
  • Of course, John Hillerman is no longer with us.
I don't see how they don't use the dog gag, at least in the pilot. Unless they shift focus on Higgins acting like she doesn't want Magnum on the estate.

Colonel Buck Greene ran the Naval Intelligence operation, NCIS, is a civilian agency with Agents, part cop and sometimes spies. Meanwhile we think this series is linked in the Tommyverse fashion to the Hawaii 5-0 were as there is a debate on the original series. If Magnum was joking or serious when he made a reference to "McGarrett 5-0".

The spy/cops of NCIS Los Angeles made a crossover with Hawaii 5-0. But Alex O'Loughlin/McGarrett was recovering from a real life work injury and pain killer addiction so their SEAL reunion with L.L. Cool J./Sam Hanna didn't come off. So now CBS gets a second crossover chance since they never revisited the 5-0/NCIS crossover.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:50 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
I just saw the previews and I thought that it looked very promising! The actors seemed extremely talented and the stunts were amazing ! Hopefully the writing is good and the show becomes The New "Magnum PI" for 2018 !

Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
After 15 minutes Mrs. NBP said: "It's like getting a Bud Lite when you ordered champagne".

Old 09-24-2018, 07:24 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
The only thing I've liked so far is the theme song.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:23 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
No real impression positive or negative - except o say that the episode seems to end without an ending, just a stunt.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,567 times
I thought it was ok for a pilot. It was absolutely over the top, and I’m hoping subsequent episodes are a bit more down to earth. I liked new portrayal of the characters...even Ms. Higgins. Lots of little call-backs to the original show: the Pepsi Rolex, the ring, the Ferrari 308 (RIP). Anyone else catch the Ferrari zipping around Dano’s black Camaro? I was surprised to see an underwater sequence as well. I have high hopes given the good CBS production values (and budget). Hopefully the show and actors will be able to find their footing soon.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:16 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
I like the Dobies!

Old 09-25-2018, 01:20 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I was wondering how many of the "boys" will be replaced by "girls" but reading the article, it seems only Higgins will get a sex change.
Well as you note, Higgins is now a woman, and the "boss" of Magnum. Also, where in the original, Higgins was never in on the "action" sequences, now the female Higgins is, and evidently a master of some martial arts, or whatever, and stronger than any man she faces.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well as you note, Higgins is now a woman, and the "boss" of Magnum. Also, where in the original, Higgins was never in on the "action" sequences, now the female Higgins is, and evidently a master of some martial arts, or whatever, and stronger than any man she faces.
Juliet was former MI6 just like Jonathan was in the original. It isnt a stretch to think Jonathan had the same kind of martial arts background. Jonathan was just older in the original so he wasnt looking to fight anyone.

Kind of hyperbole to say "stronger than any man" since she has had one fight scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV