Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:23 PM

2,879 posts, read 4,563,072 times

Advertisements

poop! i forgot all about it being wednesday. setting my dvr now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 06:58 PM

131,224 posts, read 12,275,182 times
Just watched it. I feel so bad for Pat, that is the worst way to go out, ( injury through no fault of his), I hope he really has made a full recovery, backs can be so tricky. I will be rooting for the Davids. It seems like it will be a good season.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:09 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,440,595 times
As soon as I saw Pat's red belly up in that tree, I figured he'd be the first for a med-evac. Little did I know it would be for something completely unrelated to his health. I feel so bad and feel sure he'll be back for a second chance.

I think it was a great first episode! I already know who some of the players are (usually it takes me weeks) and it looks like a lot of interesting personalities.

I read a story about the cast in the Hollywood Reporter, which seemed to indicate the players spend time together beforehand but are not allowed to speak to each other. Wonder how that all works.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:06 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,158,130 times
Some nice looking ladies this time. When you've lost respect for the gameplay, that's about all that's left.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,836,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
As soon as I saw Pat's red belly up in that tree, I figured he'd be the first for a med-evac. Little did I know it would be for something completely unrelated to his health. I feel so bad and feel sure he'll be back for a second chance.

I think it was a great first episode! I already know who some of the players are (usually it takes me weeks) and it looks like a lot of interesting personalities.

I read a story about the cast in the Hollywood Reporter, which seemed to indicate the players spend time together beforehand but are not allowed to speak to each other. Wonder how that all works.
My friend Stephanie's niece was on Survivor a season with Russell Hanz. She said niece had applied. Got a call to come to LA and bring enough clothes for a couple of weeks. So she gets there and finds out she actually was already selected for the show. That she could only tell immediate family and her boss if she had one. She was in a hotel room for about a week. Food served to her room. Basically locked in-but not really. Then taken to the place to fly out and then she saw the other people but they had a strict--really strict......NO COMMUNICATION until we say so

Old 09-28-2018, 11:35 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,246,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Some nice looking ladies this time. When you've lost respect for the gameplay, that's about all that's left.
What?!? You can't see the beauty in the photography of the ocean and natural surroundings scenes? Survivor's photography is awesome.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:57 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,158,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
What?!? You can't see the beauty in the photography of the ocean and natural surroundings scenes? Survivor's photography is awesome.
True, sometimes I enjoy that, especially the animals. It still is something of escape TV. But the gameplay from the same-old/same-old competitions (always with the puzzles), to the overriding social politics is no longer interesting to me.

In the early years you got the feeling the people who could truly do the best in the wild (on various survival tasks and competitions) could win the event. And that people cared about being on a competent team. Now the social BS overrides everything, even on day 1. It's like who can deceive and ingratiate the best while staying under the radar by being dull or unthreatening.

If there is something to root for nowadays, I'd say real romances or friendships, the competition is feeble.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:59 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,292,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
True, sometimes I enjoy that, especially the animals. It still is something of escape TV. But the gameplay from the same-old/same-old competitions (always with the puzzles), to the overriding social politics is no longer interesting to me.

In the early years you got the feeling the people who could truly do the best in the wild (on various survival tasks and competitions) could win the event. And that people cared about being on a competent team. Now the social BS overrides everything, even on day 1. It's like who can deceive and ingratiate the best while staying under the radar by being dull or unthreatening.

If there is something to root for nowadays, I'd say real romances or friendships, the competition is feeble.
But is that true? I don't think Tina Wesson, the second winner, could have survived long in the wild. Jenna Morasca (Season 6), Vecepia Towery (Season 4), Sandra Diaz-Twine(Season 7), Amber Bkrich (Season 8), Chris Daugherty (Season 9). I don't think any of these people would do best in the wild from their seasons but they won, in most ways because of how they manipulated the others or locked themselves in with others. Yes, the game has evolved a lot from those early season, but there has long been social politics in the show.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:44 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,688,685 times
Um. One of the contestants is from my hometown this season. I just hope he's not a jerk! He wasn't portrayed as one in the premiere episode. But it's only week one...the David's are looking really weak right now, so I hope they do some switches soon to give them a chance. But, maybe they'll be able to do what the other side of the house couldn't do to Level 6 and be strong as a unit. Looking forward to the season--besides the showmance that started before I could even remember anyone's names.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,836,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Um. One of the contestants is from my hometown this season. I just hope he's not a jerk! He wasn't portrayed as one in the premiere episode. But it's only week one...the David's are looking really weak right now, so I hope they do some switches soon to give them a chance. But, maybe they'll be able to do what the other side of the house couldn't do to Level 6 and be strong as a unit. Looking forward to the season--besides the showmance that started before I could even remember anyone's names.
alright!! Someone I can get behind early on and cheer for. Which dude is it?

(P.S. SO happy to see you back posting )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV