Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:57 PM

5,564 posts, read 7,168,485 times

Advertisements

Okay, as long as were on the topic of knowing contestants:
My nephew's best friend is the brother-in-law of Domenick from last season.

Domenick's family owns this bar in town where they would all watch Survivor. Chris would show up on occasion. He became good friends with Domenick in spite of what the editing showed us.

Domenick lives in the next town over. Hope to bump into him one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 09:36 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,289,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Um. One of the contestants is from my hometown this season. I just hope he's not a jerk! He wasn't portrayed as one in the premiere episode. But it's only week one...the David's are looking really weak right now, so I hope they do some switches soon to give them a chance. But, maybe they'll be able to do what the other side of the house couldn't do to Level 6 and be strong as a unit. Looking forward to the season--besides the showmance that started before I could even remember anyone's names.
Hi, IBfT!! Good to see you back!! I know, right out of the gate that dude went straight for the showmance! What a dummy! Well, good luck to him. Duh! All I know is he had a blue t-shirt on. Her.....blonde???

Russell Hantz should have won his first season but his social skills were nada. He WAS the best ever contestant.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:19 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,249,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, IBfT!! Good to see you back!! I know, right out of the gate that dude went straight for the showmance! What a dummy! Well, good luck to him. Duh! All I know is he had a blue t-shirt on............
Do you mean the Cop Guy that lost all the weight and was later bragging to the camera that he had the 2 cutest girls on the island on his side along with a Hidden Immunity Necklace? Him? lol.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Do you mean the Cop Guy that lost all the weight and was later bragging to the camera that he had the 2 cutest girls on the island on his side along with a Hidden Immunity Necklace? Him? lol.
Yeah, him.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:32 AM

24,793 posts, read 17,529,026 times
Since others are talking about their Survivor connections, before I met her my wife lived next door to Richard Hatch when he was on the show.

She thought he was a gross guy because he had a habit of walking around his house naked with his lover without a thought that a neighbor or someone walking by could see them through the open windows. He also had a habit of sunbathing naked in his backyard.

After he won he moved away and no one missed him and his shenanigans.

The new season looks interesting but I'm not sure about the theme because some of the people could fit in either the David or Goliath teams. Oh well I suppose they have to come up with some type of theme to keep it interesting.

Last edited by Cape Cod Todd; 09-29-2018 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 03:14 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,114,474 times
There are aspects of Survivor that aren't really discussed anymore right? Like do they give them food or not? Remember when they stopped giving them any food whatsoever? I think they get food now (because producers discovered that it wasn't great TV making them starve out there)...
And they go three days without fire but they never seem to complain that much. What are they eating in those three days?

Old 09-29-2018, 07:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,251,926 times
Howdy Survivor loyals happy to see y'all.

Remember we don't use spoiler tags here so if you don't want to know something before you watch it don't come into the thread please..

OK had computer problems (still) so from now on I'll write up my post in Word or something if I can't get online. Seems I don't remember all the things I wanted to post about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Russell Hantz should have won his first season but his social skills were nada. He WAS the best ever contestant.
No way Colby was THE best contestant as far as surviving skills and he did have a social game to boot. Now what tami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Yep great description we were laughing so hard about him here what a dodo bird (with no offense to the late dodo bird species).

Along with many of you felt badly for Pat leaving the way he did. Folks make such great sacrifices to be on the show then something like that takes them out. Shame.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

No way Colby was THE best contestant as far as surviving skills and he did have a social game to boot. Now what tami?
Na, na, na boo boo!!!! So says you!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,555,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
But is that true? I don't think Tina Wesson, the second winner, could have survived long in the wild. Jenna Morasca (Season 6), Vecepia Towery (Season 4), Sandra Diaz-Twine(Season 7), Amber Bkrich (Season 8), Chris Daugherty (Season 9). I don't think any of these people would do best in the wild from their seasons but they won, in most ways because of how they manipulated the others or locked themselves in with others. Yes, the game has evolved a lot from those early season, but there has long been social politics in the show.
That's why there are three points to the game and one of them is "outwit."

Old 09-29-2018, 11:55 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,452,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
My friend Stephanie's niece was on Survivor a season with Russell Hanz. She said niece had applied. Got a call to come to LA and bring enough clothes for a couple of weeks. So she gets there and finds out she actually was already selected for the show. That she could only tell immediate family and her boss if she had one. She was in a hotel room for about a week. Food served to her room. Basically locked in-but not really. Then taken to the place to fly out and then she saw the other people but they had a strict--really strict......NO COMMUNICATION until we say so
Thanks for that insider info! The thing that made me wonder, though, is in the Hollywood Reporter article, they asked each contestant to "size up" the other contestants. They said stuff like, "She's really quiet, usually reading a book" or "He has such a strong Southern accent" or in the case of Pat, "He's got a large personality". Oh and one of them said "you can see who people sit with for lunch", like alliances are being formed even though they can't communicate. So I don't know how they're learning these things about the others unless they are talking.

I don't know anybody who knows anybody who's been on the show. I have several friends that I think would be great on the show (great personalities and athletic), but I couldn't get them to go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV