Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 03:03 AM

2,923 posts, read 1,988,717 times

Advertisements

The tribe that went to TC sure is goofy. Lose three immunity challenges in a row and then vote out one of your strongest players. Not smart. To top it off he wasn't even the one that wanted Kelly gone, he was just considering going along with that vote and told his supposed ally about the plan trying to get him on board.

David from what I remember was a schemer and not loyal the first time he was on. Surprised they didn't notice how shady he's been and voted him out instead of Chris. Even more than that the smart move would have been getting Wendy out considering how bad her ankle looked.

Kelly doesn't seem to have the fire in her belly at challenges, like she's doubting her abilities. And while she's been more social this season she doesn't have much of a strategy except to survive from what I can tell. I expected more from her.

Looking forward to seeing the make up of the new tribes next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 05:55 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
I'm surprised that guy didn't spill Wendy's plan to set the chickens free. You work that hard to win a RC and she wants to set them free, time for her to go, spill the beans on her dude.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:51 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,272,562 times
I'm so conflicted this week over whether I think David's move to go along with voting Chris out was good or bad. On the one hand, if him and Rick do vote against Kelley, they will be exposed. But so what? Especially since they knew the vote was going to be going to Chris, they could probably get Chris to vote with them and still have the numbers to get Kelley out. That hurts War Dog. Then again, Chris has really shown is disloyalty to David and Rick so they may think if they tell him that War Dog is now coming for him, that Chris will once again take that info back to War Dog and now David and Rick are in trouble. So I lean toward probably a decent move going with War Dog to get Chris out.

Chris did it all to himself. Two weeks in a row he went behind David's back and told War Dog about the plan to get Kelley out. And probably worse this week, he never once let on to War Dog that it was David and Rick going after Kelley, not him! So War Dog presented it to Kelley as Chris coming after her and so the two of them went after Chris. David and Rick are still flying under the radar even if they haven't been able to pull off their big move yet.

The only real problem I have with Extinction Island so far is that, like Redemption Island, nothing really happens there so we don't spend much time with it. I also don't know how I like this going to 3 tribes next week. Assuming Extinction Island will still be in play we'll have essentially 4 different tribes to visit! That's too much when you also have to do the swap, the immunity challenge, after the challenge, and tribal.

Maybe now we'll finally get to learn who some of these people on Joe and Aubrey's tribe are, though, as they've been getting very little screen time.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:58 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,272,562 times
BTW, in response to all the questions last week about Lauren burying her idol in the sand., what if someone else uncovered it? Would it be their idol now? Well, your question has been answered by Probst himself!

Quote:
"When someone finds an idol, it is their idol, regardless of whether they hide it in their personal bag or bury it in the sand. An idol can never be taken from you. So, if another player discovered an idol that had already been found and then ‘hidden’ in the sand, they could not use the idol, nor could they re-hide it or destroy it.”
He doesn't come out and say it but I imagine the producers would immediately tell the person the idol has already been found by someone. Probst goes on to say:

Quote:
"[T]hey could place the idol back where they found it and use their spy techniques to see who returns to that spot. Now they know who has an idol. Or, they could waltz into camp and say ‘Look what I found?’ Sooner or later the rightful owner would have to claim it and now it’s out in the open, thus reducing its impact."
I wish it would happen because it would be very interesting to see how the person who finds it reacts. You can read all about this here.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/06/survivo...ty-idol-rules/

Old 03-08-2019, 10:44 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I'm so conflicted this week over whether I think David's move to go along with voting Chris out was good or bad. On the one hand, if him and Rick do vote against Kelley, they will be exposed. But so what? Especially since they knew the vote was going to be going to Chris, they could probably get Chris to vote with them and still have the numbers to get Kelley out. That hurts War Dog. Then again, Chris has really shown is disloyalty to David and Rick so they may think if they tell him that War Dog is now coming for him, that Chris will once again take that info back to War Dog and now David and Rick are in trouble. So I lean toward probably a decent move going with War Dog to get Chris out.

Chris did it all to himself. Two weeks in a row he went behind David's back and told War Dog about the plan to get Kelley out. And probably worse this week, he never once let on to War Dog that it was David and Rick going after Kelley, not him! So War Dog presented it to Kelley as Chris coming after her and so the two of them went after Chris. David and Rick are still flying under the radar even if they haven't been able to pull off their big move yet.

The only real problem I have with Extinction Island so far is that, like Redemption Island, nothing really happens there so we don't spend much time with it. I also don't know how I like this going to 3 tribes next week. Assuming Extinction Island will still be in play we'll have essentially 4 different tribes to visit! That's too much when you also have to do the swap, the immunity challenge, after the challenge, and tribal.

Maybe now we'll finally get to learn who some of these people on Joe and Aubrey's tribe are, though, as they've been getting very little screen time.
I was thinking four tribes as well. After reading this I'm really confused as to how they will work their way back into the game.

https://www.realityblurred.com/reali...wist-insanity/

Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,682 times
Chris doesn't seem very smart. He keeps putting himself in danger because he can't keep his mouth shut, or think beyond his own impulses. He shuts up and Kelly/Wendy are gone and he's still there. If he were smart he would've switched it all back to David and David would be gone.

David on the other hand is smart and adaptable. It was smart to switch it up and get Chris out. David appears solid even though it was his plan all along. Well played. How that plays out when Chris is back in the game...we'll see.

I don't get the Wendy play. Is she trying to be that 'person', the one who is so unlikable they get pulled to the end because they won't win. Or is she simply nuts. If she went into the game a vegetarian/vegan then fair enough, but she's not. So why go on and on about the chickens? Makes no sense.

Who is the other person in that tribe? Has she said a word on camera yet?! lol I have no idea who the other tribe is either. Though Joe catching them red-handed talking about voting him off was funny.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:40 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,014 times
If the tribe is like a pyramid with Wendy at the bottom, then it would be an upside down pyramid with Wendy at the point rather than the big flat part.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:36 AM

5,526 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Just for once I would love to see a season with no idols or advantages.

Players would have to utilize their own skills of outwitting, outplaying outlasting...

Old 03-11-2019, 11:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Just for once I would love to see a season with no idols or advantages.

Players would have to utilize their own skills of outwitting, outplaying outlasting...
Like they used to.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:40 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,535,732 times
As long as it's known Jeff P and company like the HII aspect, we're not going to see a season sans HIIs. It's just not in the cards. The producers love Idols, the more the merrier.

Next season will likely be Survivor Lottery where at Tribal a wheel will be spun and the winning tribe member gains an immunity idol. Would cause plenty of TC scrambles.

Anywho, what's become of that "Advantage" that was to be played by the third TC? Guessing it belongs to a member of the tribe that hasn't been to TC. He didn't use it to steal a reward either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV