Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 01:55 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times

Advertisements

I think the short 30 minute episodes kind of hurt this show. Too much detail is skipped over, and things happen so quickly that it doesn't have the same impact. The suspense between Ruby not knowing who Fiona really was would have been more effective if it was dragged out a little longer. Understanding more of the details of the backstory would fill in a lot of the holes too.

I also think that Ruby giving up the bag of money that quickly seemed a little weird. I would have thought, given what we know about her personality and the fact that they were alone in a closed room, she would have fought to have taken away Fiona's phone. On the other hand, you can't make everything realistic or else you wouldn't have a show so I can't fault that (maybe she could have tried to fight Fiona for her phone and lost; Fiona looks like she could put up a pretty good fight lol).

I think I would enjoy this show a lot more as a full hour show with more backstory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 02:35 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Well, she did seem to resent his request that she take and protect the bag.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:09 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Well, she did seem to resent his request that she take and protect the bag.
That's a good point. I do remember that.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:52 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,728,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I don't understand why they want to space this out over 8 weeks, it seems to me 8 consecutive days would work best.

The train was only going 20 mph, so I think the jump was survivable. Although probably not advisable for a pregnant woman (I seem to recall Ruby was pregnant but could be wrong). I would make the jump.

I suspect the majority of the plot from here on out is going to be about the money (estimating $500,000). I know Billy has said there is a reason he took the withdraw in cash, but there really can be no good reason, and I doubt he will ever actually provide a reason. And regardless of the reason, any sane person would have prioritized getting the money withdrawn from the Bank first before flying across the Country to meet an old flame. Ruby giving Fiona the money would be an instant deal breaker for any man, but I am sure Billy will get over it.

We know Fiona knew Billy was in town, but we don't how, other than Billy speculating that she was tracking his credit card purchases. Tracking credit card purchases does not make sense, I think we will learn Fiona has some kind of tracker on Billy's phone. But if she had a tracker on Billy's phone why was she at a store stealing a dress, and not outside Billy's hotel?
How do we know the train was only going 20 MPH? Even if it was, it would still be dangerous to jump from it.

How do we know Ruby is pregnant? I have totally missed that. I haven't even suspected she was pregnant, and that seems to make no sense in the storyline. Which episode gave us this indication? I'm going to have to re-watch that one because I did not catch that at all.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:35 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,024,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post

How do we know Ruby is pregnant? I have totally missed that. I haven't even suspected she was pregnant, and that seems to make no sense in the storyline. Which episode gave us this indication? I'm going to have to re-watch that one because I did not catch that at all.
I think the person who suggested this was mistaken. I don't think we're meant to believe she is pregnant.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:19 PM

1,350 posts, read 820,127 times
Episode 5 (SPOILER)

Next week's previews said 2 episodes left. I thought this series was 8 episodes. We just saw episode 5.

When was that video shot that Billy made about making RUN into a book? He mentioned 2005 and 2008 as when he heard RUN from Ruby. He looked younger in the video, too.

So Fiona is dead. What did she land on that impaled her, were those like pitchforks? I am really wondering why they didn't grab Fiona's cell phone, since they both know it has incriminating evidence on it. And who was the person that ran out of that house, was that the taxidermy girl, I am guessing, judging by next week's previews?

I don't know why they killed off Fiona so soon. Now, Billy is in the clear and can do anything he wants and keep the money and not worry about Fiona coming after him about anything. Thought it was strange that they would kill off Fiona so soon, seeing as she is an important part of Billy's story.

How did Ruby's husband Lawrence see her texts on his computer? Do you think he already knew who Billy was, or is he just now asking if she is having an affair but not knowing the history of Billy?

What do you all think about the episode?

Old 05-10-2020, 09:24 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,608,680 times
Confusing and far fetched.

Also, Phoebe Waller Bridge does a terrible American accent. Or was the voice used with her face dubbed? Looked like it might have been.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:31 PM

1,350 posts, read 820,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

Also, Phoebe Waller Bridge does a terrible American accent. Or was the voice used with her face dubbed? Looked like it might have been.
Is that Fiona? I've never seen this actress before.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Is that Fiona? I've never seen this actress before.
No, she was the taxidermist.

Probably best known for a series called Fleabag.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:45 AM

Yeah, things took a very serious turn last night.

Or to put it another way, what they are doing was already serious but the events of last night took it to another level.

[spoiler]Even without forgetting Ruby's phone at the house it seems obvious to me that they would eventually be connected to the dead woman at the farm. Better to call 911 as soon as it happened than try to run away. Being found at the same location as a dead body, after you call it in to 911, is probably not as dangerous as being found after running away from a dead body when the circumstances indicate violence./SPOILER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV