Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 05:10 PM

7,258 posts, read 7,123,658 times

Advertisements

True, but then we get Loki, and I can't wait for that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 06:24 PM

1,300 posts, read 966,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I'm not a Marvel fan, but my 13 yo is lobbying hard for me to watch Wandavision, so she is queuing up Episode 1 for me now.

I'll report back...Update: Watched the first two episodes and I'm very confused. It would probably help if I knew the backstory on these characters. In any event, it's a bonding thing for my daughter and I, so I'll persevere.

Should probably watch Age of Ultron and Infinity War before proceeding with any more episodes, or you just wont get much of what youre seeing.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:48 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,657,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Great episode last night. Loved the part when Wanda walked to the SWORD folks and told them to back off. Ending was great too.
She looked so beautiful in that scene! And using her Sokavian accent to boot!

Old 02-06-2021, 06:48 PM

22,957 posts, read 28,386,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
True, but then we get Loki, and I can't wait for that!!!
I was pleasantly surprised at the trailer for LOKI. It looks way better than I was expecting.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:53 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,657,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I found the first two episodes confusing and I know the backstory.

Check out you tube -- they have tons of great explanation videos.
I was surprised that a lot of people didn't get the paper towel commercial reference..as if they forgot CIVIL WAR..

Old 02-07-2021, 06:53 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,116,494 times
AHHHH! So this is this "Wanda Vision"!

I mean, I had seen the pictures of the girl sitting with the alternate Red Tornado, I guess I might have thought of him as The Vision, but never knew what it was or that "Wanda Vision" is this.

But I guess it all goes to show, that even when you are cut off, when you are practically clueless, they find ways to eventually get to you. Caught a video ad while watching music videos.

Now, maybe someday I will find out about the game everyone seems to be talking about.

EDIT: Reading into it a bit more, it becomes a little clearer, now realizing what the pictures about the Scarlet Witch are all about. To each their own and certainly not knocking those currently involved BUT........haven't been involved with the Marvel Universe since Femme Force. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Femme_Force_(Earth-616) Or there abouts. The last time I saw the Scarlet Witch was when she and the Vision were fighting the Silver Surfer of the Defenders to recover one equal piece of some scepter (it had been shot mid air out of the Torch's hand by I think Wyatt Wingfoot, hit the Earth, and exploded into many equal parts). The Vision was about to recover it but a knocked out Scarlet Witch was about to be consumed in a lava flow so he had to rescue her instead and the Surfer took the item and escaped.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 02-07-2021 at 07:34 AM..

Old 02-08-2021, 05:00 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,657,266 times
I barely watch anything new these days so I surprised myself by watching this out of pure boredom and was hooked and intrigued from episode 1. I didn't know what the hell this show was about or any of the characters in it. I just thought 'Wow, so they're going back to the 1950s? Interesting." and thought it was going to be retro throwback. I liked the corny jokes and family friendliness. But damn, it's completely different! I found myself yelling at my screen "wtf" multiple times. I am hooked! Especially now that it's all unraveling for Wanda.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:24 AM

7,248 posts, read 4,584,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
She looked so beautiful in that scene! And using her Sokavian accent to boot!
It was so bad ass the way she turned and snapped her fingers and all the guns were trained on the head of Sword.

But I have a little trouble believing that is really Wanda. She seems to keep having these moments of extreme anger and then she seems shocked by it later.

I feel like the Sokavian accent is a tip off.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:04 AM

22,957 posts, read 28,386,650 times
Quote:
But I have a little trouble believing that is really Wanda. She seems to keep having these moments of extreme anger and then she seems shocked by it later.
Which is a warning sign of mental illness.

I think it's definitely Wanda. After everything that happened to her in the Avengers movies, it's no wonder she's suffering from PTSD, disassociation, and who knows what else. She snapped. And as one of the most potentially powerful beings on the planet, when she snaps, things are gonna get weird.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:52 AM

10,219 posts, read 17,947,034 times
Quote:
It was so bad ass the way she turned and snapped her fingers and all the guns were trained on the head of Sword.

I feel like the Sokavian accent is a tip off.
Let's not forget Wanda was a terrorist who was intent on destroying the Avengers and getting revenge on Tony Stark especially. She only stopped when she realized all the innocent people who would be hurt and killed as a result. But she is not above extreme anger, and she is every bit capable of not seeing beyond her own pain. She has lost everyone she ever loved, her childhood was robbed from her and marred by violence, and her pain was used to exploit and radicalize her at a young age. She's absolutely capable of this. The problem is, after this, I don't know how anyone can ever trust her again - first her terrorist past, now this. How can she be Avenger again?

I thought I'd be disappointed if it was really just Wanda doing all this, but I'm not. I think because I wrongly thought her powers worked by creating illusions in people's heads, not actually changing reality. So I thought this was all just in her head. But now that I see she's actually created an alternate world in this little bubble and the people in it are real people, etc, it has greater implications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV