Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 08:00 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,687,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How did he bash his father? He just said for a time his dad wouldn’t take his calls.
If I said in an international news interview, with my name out there, along with my dad's, that my dad wouldn't take my calls, I think my dad would be ticked off and consider it a "bash." If your child did a tv interview and said the same about you, I don't think you'd appreciate it.

We are so used to celebrities acting with zero sense of decency, and an overwhelming thirst for attention, that many of us have lost all judgement about what is respectable behavior. For an American celebrity, badmouthing your family to the public is looked highly upon, much like kids going on these viral rants about their parents. For ordinary people, who were taught to have some sense of respect for their parents, this is not normal behavior.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:06 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,841,887 times
Quote:
I actually think they’re perfect for each other. It wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually go live in Africa, which both of them love. They both have a passion for humanitarian work as Diana did, but Charles didn’t share that passion. But Diana and Charles divorced because it was a loveless marriage from the start with Charles in love with someone else. That’s not the case with Harry and Meghan, I think they’re very much in love and don’t expect to see a divorce.

I don’t think they would move to Africa

They want to be in the spotlight and they are looking to make a lot of money in Hollywood

I was watching Megan Kelly interviewed and she really was so right. This year nurses and doctors have worked around the clock to save lives. So many people have passed away. People have lost jobs and can barely feed their family. Yet these two are complaining about how hard it was with the media and to be royals.

Everyone has their struggles and I don’t believe just because someone has it worse you don’t also have hard times. That being said to go on tv and complain when these two have so much privilege shows how self involved these two can be. I notice how Megan always praises herself a lot such as for reaching out for help or how she would of wrote a note to Kate if it were her who made Kate cry.

Most jobs come with some negatives and people put up with these things to earn a paycheck
If these two didn’t have his moms money or the ability to make a lot of money in Hollywood somehow they would cope with being Royal. No way these two would work a 9 to 5 job or live off her old Suits salary

Old 03-13-2021, 08:06 AM

51,071 posts, read 36,780,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
If I said in an international news interview, with my name out there, along with my dad's, that my dad wouldn't take my calls, I think my dad would be ticked off and consider it a "bash." If your child did a tv interview and said the same about you, I don't think you'd appreciate it.

We are so used to celebrities acting with zero sense of decency, and an overwhelming thirst for attention, that many of us have lost all judgement about what is respectable behavior. For an American celebrity, badmouthing your family to the public is looked highly upon, much like kids going on these viral rants about their parents. For ordinary people, who were taught to have some sense of respect for their parents, this is not normal behavior.
I didn’t take it as a bash or put down at all. He said they went through a period where they weren’t talking but now they are, what’s so bad about that? How is that bad mouthing?

Old 03-13-2021, 08:38 AM

2,106 posts, read 986,167 times
Saw a cartoon showing the queen kneeling on Meghans neck .

Old 03-13-2021, 08:44 AM

9,544 posts, read 16,572,413 times
They have to be loaded to go out and buy a $14 million dollar mansion in Santa Barbara. I'm sure they must have also bought cars, and have staff to pay to maintain that house. I hardly think Harry and Megan are washing floors and cleaning bathrooms. Or checking bank accounts to see if a $1400 Stimulus payment has been deposited. Well that is if they were eligible which they are not. So as far as I'm concerned they are doing pretty damn well for themselves. Hopefully as time goes on we will hear less and less about them. That they will fix their mess and patch things up with their family. Basically do what the rest of us do. Keep our family problems to ourselves..

I hope everyone woke up this morning to find their nice big Stimulus Payment in their bank acct. I did not.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:53 AM

22,115 posts, read 13,129,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Saw a cartoon showing the queen kneeling on Meghans neck .
Oh, brother!

Old 03-13-2021, 09:54 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,132,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post

I think this is being overly sensitive and expecting too much kow-towing and respect from people regardless of their social status or their nationality. People are the same all over the world and shouldn't be expected to behave like programmed robots. If you think it's not normal behaviour for ordinary adult children to complain about the relationships they have with their parents you would be wrong. Just go check out the Parenting or the Non-Romantic Relationships or Psychology forums. You'll see more than enough evidence of normal behaviour coming from ordinary people who were taught to have respect for their parents/elders but still are NOT on speaking terms with their parents and are snivelling and ranting about it online to anyone who will pay attention to them.

Old 03-13-2021, 10:21 AM

728 posts, read 304,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
They have to be loaded to go out and buy a $14 million dollar mansion in Santa Barbara. I'm sure they must have also bought cars, and have staff to pay to maintain that house. I hardly think Harry and Megan are washing floors and cleaning bathrooms. Or checking bank accounts to see if a $1400 Stimulus payment has been deposited. Well that is if they were eligible which they are not. So as far as I'm concerned they are doing pretty damn well for themselves. Hopefully as time goes on we will hear less and less about them. That they will fix their mess and patch things up with their family. Basically do what the rest of us do. Keep our family problems to ourselves..

I hope everyone woke up this morning to find their nice big Stimulus Payment in their bank acct. I did not.

It won't belong before Meghan gets a taste of her own medicine when her own tell-all bombshells come out from maids washing her floors and cleaning her bathrooms. Meghan belong to the Maury and Jerry Springer shows.

Old 03-13-2021, 10:27 AM

2,106 posts, read 986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, brother!
I know, right!

Old 03-13-2021, 10:57 AM

4,744 posts, read 4,451,350 times
Quote:
I actually think they’re perfect for each other. It wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually go live in Africa, which both of them love. They both have a passion for humanitarian work as Diana did, but Charles didn’t share that passion. But Diana and Charles divorced because it was a loveless marriage from the start with Charles in love with someone else. That’s not the case with Harry and Meghan, I think they’re very much in love and don’t expect to see a divorce.
I do think they are in love, but I don't really get that they have a passion for humanitarian work. I am not being snarky but I get that they like to talk about their ideals and passions and such but I don't think they are very genuine.

Just my impression
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV