Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 11:07 AM

131,086 posts, read 12,245,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think this is being overly sensitive and expecting too much kow-towing and respect from people regardless of their social status or their nationality. People are the same all over the world and shouldn't be expected to behave like programmed robots. If you think it's not normal behaviour for ordinary adult children to complain about the relationships they have with their parents you would be wrong. Just go check out the Parenting or the Non-Romantic Relationships or Psychology forums. You'll see more than enough evidence of normal behaviour coming from ordinary people who were taught to have respect for their parents/elders but still are NOT on speaking terms with their parents and are snivelling and ranting about it online to anyone who will pay attention to them.

Yes many people whine, but they do so anonymously. To groan to a World wide audience, about people who everyone has heard of, is a different level. IMO, they are both acting like spoiled brats. And childishly so.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:23 AM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
They have to be loaded to go out and buy a $14 million dollar mansion in Santa Barbara. I'm sure they must have also bought cars, and have staff to pay to maintain that house. I hardly think Harry and Megan are washing floors and cleaning bathrooms. Or checking bank accounts to see if a $1400 Stimulus payment has been deposited. Well that is if they were eligible which they are not. So as far as I'm concerned they are doing pretty damn well for themselves. Hopefully as time goes on we will hear less and less about them. That they will fix their mess and patch things up with their family. Basically do what the rest of us do. Keep our family problems to ourselves..

I hope everyone woke up this morning to find their nice big Stimulus Payment in their bank acct. I did not.
In Montecito (which is in Santa Barbara County, and is next to the City of Santa Barbara, but it isn’t Santa Barbara).

Old 03-13-2021, 11:24 AM

18,554 posts, read 18,847,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I do think they are in love, but I don't really get that they have a passion for humanitarian work. I am not being snarky but I get that they like to talk about their ideals and passions and such but I don't think they are very genuine.

Just my impression
Meghans in love with Meghan .. end of......seems the staff she bullied in the UK are being rounded up to give evidence... we ll wait and see..

Old 03-13-2021, 11:38 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,582,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
In Montecito (which is in Santa Barbara County, and is next to the City of Santa Barbara, but it isn’t Santa Barbara).
Thanks.

Old 03-13-2021, 12:36 PM

147 posts, read 61,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I wrote a little about it in the Political forum, but overall I completely agree that Meghan convinced Harry to leave his family and caused nothing but discord for him. It's pretty sad and I hope for him his relationship with his brother can be mended.

Meghan never sounded grateful for the privilege or luxury she was given by being a part of the Royal family, she came across as dishonest and blaming everyone else.
I think many people have a grave misunderstanding about Meghan. Unlike the other women who had married into the Royal family, she was completely self-made and was already a millionaire. Meghan had a successful acting career and blog, which garnered a lot of lucrative endorsements. Her blog, the "Tig," showcased living well. As such, Meghan had access to all of the clothes and great fashion sense and access to "high society," way before becoming a "Duchess."

Meghan was also a graduate of Northwestern (which is a prestigious topped ranked American university), and worked, prior to her acting gigs at a U.S. embassy in Argentina, after completing her studies in international relations.

Due to her hit cable show "Suits," Meghan had traveled the world and purchased a million dollar home in Toronto, where she lived for a number of years, while filming.

She certainly gained world-wide fame by marrying into the royal family, but that was about it. When she weighed the pros and cons (i.e. not belonging/feeling hated/discriminated against, etc), she chose to leave, which was her right.

I don't believe that Harry simply relocated to America because of his wife and son. By his own admission, he felt trapped and confined by the lifestyle and was looking for a way out. One can live in a palace, and have access to fine clothes and food, provided by others, or they can be the stewards of their own ship. Meghan, always provided for herself, and had no issues choosing the latter.

Old 03-13-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Meghans in love with Meghan .. end of......seems the staff she bullied in the UK are being rounded up to give evidence... we ll wait and see..
Is there any real evidence that she bullied anyone? I don't believe so. More than likely, she had certain standards that the workers weren't accustomed to. Most Americans are unfamiliar with how lax work environments are in Europe. It is nothing like most work environments in the U.S., where you are expected to perform work actions immediately.

I think they could have complained that her standards/expectations were too high, but I don't think this is the same as bullying. I believe it was mentioned that the people who left, had not performed their jobs.

I imagine that Meghan was stressed, because she wanted to perform well and wanted her staff to do the same. I've watched videos of her performing various royal "duties," and she seemed to always be gracious and respectful. She also clearly has a spark. I think women who don't have that "it" factor are very threatened and jealous of women, like Meghan, who do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftym24v0Ac4

Old 03-13-2021, 12:57 PM

18,554 posts, read 18,847,362 times
With a little help from her uncle’s connections with the US government, Markle did a six-week internship at the State Department, working as a junior press officer at an American embassy in Argentina.

Her boss, Mark Krischik, said she showed "she had all that it takes to be a successful diplomat," MONEY reported.

While in Argentina, Markle took the foreign service test but failed, according to the biography.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
With a little help from her uncle’s connections with the US government, Markle did a six-week internship at the State Department, working as a junior press officer at an American embassy in Argentina."
I don't doubt that her uncle put in a good word for her, just as I don't doubt that Bill Gate's parents provided the seed money and their connections to help him launch his first company. It's interesting because we never speak about all of the "help" that many other people receive, but everyone has all of the inside information about the "help" that Meghan received. Why is that?

Quote:
Her boss, Mark Krischik, said she showed "she had all that it takes to be a successful diplomat," MONEY reported.

While in Argentina, Markle took the foreign service test but failed, according to the biography.
I didn't read the article that you referenced, but according to online sources, she took the exam in Madrid, Spain. I believe there is a language component, and she failed the oral part, which was in Castilian Spanish.

As an aside, John F. Kennedy Jr., failed the NY bar exam twice before he passed on his third try. Hillary Clinton, who is the wife of Bill Clinton and served as the 67th Secretary of State, failed the D.C. bar exam on her first attempt.

I could name many successful people who failed exams, but it doesn't mean much, if they were still able to craft out a path towards success. Regardless of her failed exam, she still created a very good life for herself, way before marrying into the Royal family, at the age of 36.

Last edited by Gia_inNova; 03-13-2021 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-13-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Oh no that wouldn't be. Anymore than when most of us wonder. "What color will our baby's hair or eye color be. Wondering what color the skin would be is no different. It's a mixed race baby. Why wouldn't people wonder. There is no crime in that.
Apparently, it was Harry who really took issue with the question about his future son's skin color, because he mentioned it to Meghan. Keep in mind that she was only reacting to what Harry stated.

I don't tell people everything that other people relay, especially if I think that the person would be hurt or disappointed by the comments.

The question becomes, why did Harry even mention it to Meghan, if there was no malice intended by the family member? I tend to believe that he mentioned it to his wife, because he was appalled and wanted someone to discuss the matter with. I don't think he would have told his wife, if he had anyone else among his family and/or friends who could relate or "understand."

Old 03-13-2021, 01:41 PM

9,207 posts, read 6,324,932 times
"Is there any real evidence that she bullied anyone? I don't believe so. More than likely, she had certain standards that the workers weren't accustomed to. Most Americans are unfamiliar with how lax work environments are in Europe. It is nothing like most work environments in the U.S., where you are expected to perform work actions immediately. [...] I think women who don't have that "it" factor are very threatened and jealous of women, like Meghan, who do."

yes - Europeans are notoriously lazy and slack. And Megan was only trying to get them to shape-up to America's professional standards.

And like, I'm so jealous, she's like so great. And gee she got a great prince, and like why isn't she a princess... and i'm sure they were real mean to her. we know what they're like. We've all seen The Crown.
Attached Thumbnails
Oprah's Interview with Meghan and Prince Harry-40012882-9323119-image-98_1614808466844.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV