Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,070,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Here's news for those that don't subscribe to HBO. TV Guide Network and TV Land have bought the rerun rights to CYE. The TV Guide Network wants to change from a channel listings service to an entertainment destination. Curb will begin on TV Guide in February. Later the rights will transfer to TV Land, a classics channel that is seeking 40-something viewers.
Okay, what? It's not gonna be on HBO anymore? Are the ones on TVLand or TVGuide going to be new episodes or just re-runs? And ... did you guys notice that just before they showed the clips for next week's show, it said there are only 2 episodes left of this season? It feels like the season just started - and now it's already ending???!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,771,926 times
I have a feeling that TV Guide and TV Land are syndicating the show a la TBS and CW running Sex and the City. It should be interesting to see! Everything Susie says is going to be bleeped ... nobody will hear anything she has to say!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...m-reruns-.html

Old 11-11-2009, 07:29 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,565,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, what? It's not gonna be on HBO anymore? Are the ones on TVLand or TVGuide going to be new episodes or just re-runs? And ... did you guys notice that just before they showed the clips for next week's show, it said there are only 2 episodes left of this season? It feels like the season just started - and now it's already ending???!!!
I wonder how long till it's out on DVD? I own all the other seasons and want this one too.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,265,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I have a feeling that TV Guide and TV Land are syndicating the show a la TBS and CW running Sex and the City. It should be interesting to see! Everything Susie says is going to be bleeped ... nobody will hear anything she has to say!

TV Land and TV Guide Network buy 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reruns | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Right. Do they bleep the f word on the rerun channels? If so, the whole show is going to be bleeped.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 AM

111 posts, read 235,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Right. Do they bleep the f word on the rerun channels? If so, the whole show is going to be bleeped.
No doubt. It will be like when CBS tried showing the first season of Dexter-it was ridiculous.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:03 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,265,432 times
Quote:
It will still be on HBO. Only reruns will by on TVLand and TVGuide. LD admitted he always says the current season will be the last one. We're going into holiday season, so I'm afraid no good cable until January.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:09 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,070,724 times
Last night's show ..... OMG! The rash, that whole situation! Oy veyschmeer!!! Too funny at the end with LD at the doctor office ... "Call the police."

Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,259,164 times
I thought last nights episode was ok. I didnt think Leon was funny at all. He's pretty unfunny now and just regurgitating past lines. And I thought some scenes were inappropriate like Leon talking about a little girls vagina. And Michael Richards saying "I wish i could say something that could hurt like i'm hurting" as if to explain his usage of a racist term at the comedy club. The whole Leon and Kramer scene was unfunny, they were trying too hard. But there were some funny moments like Larry being among the cast during the script reading.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Quote:
Last night's show ..... OMG! The rash, that whole situation! Oy veyschmeer!!! Too funny at the end with LD at the doctor office ... "Call the police."
This could be ten times worse than Larry hugging little Sammie with the soda bottle in is pants.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,771,926 times
I thought Michael Richard's taking the controversy head on was fantastic! Especially when Leon came to the door, that was funny.

I thought the storyline with the mother telling LD that her daughter had a rash on her ****** was wholely inappropriate and the storyline denegrated from there. Wonder if that was impoved or scripted.

The biggest surprise though, is Jerry Seinfeld. He's much funnier in Curb than he was in Seinfeld. He may finally get his emmy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV