Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:27 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,055,119 times

Advertisements

The mother telling LD that her little girl had a rash on her p***y shocked me at first. Who would give somebody that kind of info about their kid!!! But at the end with LD at the doctor going into how he probably got his rash was funny. "I've been seeing this 9 year old girl ..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 10:36 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,667,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Wasn't Elaine Boosler the basis for Elaine's character on Seinfeld???? I think she dated jerry back in the day. So we have the original George (LD) and now the original Elaine! And I'm also really enjoying Jerry in this show! He's much funnier.
Elayne Boosler is just the source of the name. Most people think that Carol Leifer is the model for Elaine.

Real Life Inspiration
After it was discovered that Jerry Seinfeld once dated Carol Leifer, speculation grew that Elaine was based upon Leifer, though that was later refuted. According to Seinfeld's biography (written by Jerry Oppenheimer), Elaine was based on Susan McNabb (who was dating Seinfeld when the character was created), though eventually named after Elayne Boosler. Also, the character was partially based on Monica Yates, the daughter of novelist Richard Yates. Larry David once dated Monica Yates, and the two remained good friends after they broke up.
Elaine Benes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,622,906 times
Nice to see the Seinfeld gang again. HAVING SAID THAT, I am up in the air about the finale. Would have liked to have seen a bit more of them, but it was fun. Jerry was a kick. How did he keep a straight face when they were giving each other "the eye"? I bet that took several takes.They are an amazing team together. Hope we wont see the end of curb for a long time. One of the best shows ever.
Larry, who knew he respected wood so much ?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 AM

111 posts, read 235,284 times
Overall very funny, but the Mocha guy thing was a bit overdone.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Mocha Joe!!!
Mocha Joe!!!

I thought they knocked the pi$$ out of the "Seinfeld series finale stunk" crowd. I loved that aspect of it.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM

332 posts, read 773,073 times
Brilliant finale! I hope that another season isn't too far off.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM

12,527 posts, read 17,560,117 times
Loved last night's show. Backing up a bit, the show where he dated the wheelchair bound woman really cracked me up. AND I'M NOT BEING CRASS TO THOSE PERMANENTLY WHEELCHAIR BOUND.

MY wife had foot surgery recently and we have gone to restaurants and the theatre and it's true, you get special treatment. People move aside, you get a table quicker, and my wife was allowed to use the special first floor bathroom at The Rockettes so she could avoid steps.

Having said that...

Old 11-23-2009, 02:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,055,119 times
I loved last night's episode as well, now HAVING SAID THAT ....

I hope LD has another season in the works!!! I can't go for another 2 or 3 years (however long it was between seasons) waiting for CYE to come back on!!!!!

Now, I respect wood as much as the next guy, but did LD really have to blow it with Cheryl during an "intimate" moment by getting Julia on the phone??? Of course, that's the LD we all know and love, right?

When LD opened George's car door and let his dogs out, was anybody else thinking they should have had Baha Men's "Who Let The Dogs Out" playing in the background?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,260,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I loved last night's episode as well, now HAVING SAID THAT ....

I hope LD has another season in the works!!! I can't go for another 2 or 3 years (however long it was between seasons) waiting for CYE to come back on!!!!!

Now, I respect wood as much as the next guy, but did LD really have to blow it with Cheryl during an "intimate" moment by getting Julia on the phone??? Of course, that's the LD we all know and love, right?

When LD opened George's car door and let his dogs out, was anybody else thinking they should have had Baha Men's "Who Let The Dogs Out" playing in the background?
I am determined never again to say "having said that". I'm guilty. I successfully resisted "if you will" coined by Cheney and even wrote William Safire (may he RIP, didn't agree with him most of the time, but a language master) of the NYT about the phrase. Of course, he ignored me. LOL. I have to watch the finale again, because I totally didn't get Kramer's last remark referring to the controversy when they were in the diner. "Who Let the Dogs Out" would have been really appropriate.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,014,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I never could really get into this when it ran on HBO (I know it's still on but I no longer have HBO) but I'm working my way through the DVDs via netflix. OMG is it ever funny.

Every "cringeworthy" thing that ever happened on Seinfeld but amped up about 100 times is on display.

I was always a fan of "The Sopranos", "The Wire" and lots of other original HBO productions but never could do "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or "Entourage". By the time I get through season 5 I'll probably be ordering "Entourage" too.

golfgod
That's similar to what my son said about the show--that it's Seinfeld to the extreme--Seinfeld from hell. LOL I just started watching the show a month or two ago and was hooked from the first episode I saw. I LOVE Larry David but was shocked to find George on Seinfeld was modeled after him. I just don't see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV