Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times

Advertisements

I didn't see it! With them screwing around with on again, off again I forgot all about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,468,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I didn't see it! With them screwing around with on again, off again I forgot all about it!
Oh, drats!!! So I just ruined it for you. Let me see if I can hide it as a "spoiler". So sorry Tami!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:09 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,468,741 times
I deleted my original posting and will re-post here with a "hide" so that I don't ruin it for anyone who did not get to see it yet.

I was so confused by the episode and the Observer's remark that I had to troll through all our old posts to scratch my head and try to figure this out.

So there is no other dimension. Peter IS in the right place after all. Since Faux Olivia didn't recognize him, then the whole season where she came over and faked being OUR Olivia never happened. Thus there is no Peter Junior.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the Other Side's Col. Broyles. If you remember, a couple of seasons back, he was literally toasted alive in a van (leaving behind a wife and children). Yet now he is a shape-shifter who is up to no good on the other side.

I kind of feel bad for Olivia's partner in our time. He is so clearly in love with her - and it just ain't gonna happen now that Peter has gotten the "green light" from the Observer that he's in the right place.

How much did you love the playback of when they were examining the Observer and - POOF - he disappeared. I love that Walter, by accident, had the whole thing recorded. To see what it was that THEY were looking at, I slowed down MY playing of Fringe last night. Very cool! How cool was that message the Observer slipped into Peter's eye with the address?! The Mind's Eye, indeed!

I also loved getting the chance to go to The Observer's apartment with Peter. So 1960's! I remember my parents having a stereo like that! Interesting to know that this Observer (September) WAS banished by the other Observers from the Universe for his actions in not properly erasing Peter from everyone's memory. Let's just remember though - he said a few episodes ago that Olivia could not exist in any timeline. That still troubles me.

Nina just freaks me out. She is clearly up to no good and Olivia is her intended victim/target. Now that Peter has the "all clear" to go ahead with Olivia, I'm hoping he uncovers what Nina is up to.

Although it was a great episode, I truly could not have cared less about the crazed man who was "stealing the couple's love". I know that it played into the episode about what true love was (relevant to Peter and Olivia - but oh, so sad for her rejected partner) - but I was WAY more focused on Peter getting to the Observer's apartment, finding all the neat gadgets, tracking the beacon, activating it, bringing back the Observer and then talking to him.

I just love me my Fringe!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Oh, drats!!! So I just ruined it for you. Let me see if I can hide it as a "spoiler". So sorry Tami!!!!
No probs what so ever, coka! I don't mind spoilers at all! I actually like them. So don't feel bad. Lets me know what I have to look forward to.

The spoiler tag didn't work anyway. :-)

Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM

20,318 posts, read 37,316,245 times
Quote:
No probs what so ever, coka! I don't mind spoilers at all! I actually like them. So don't feel bad. Lets me know what I have to look forward to.

The spoiler tag didn't work anyway. :-)
Well, at the end Olivia walks out of this building, sadness in her eyes since she believes that she will always be deeply in love with Peter, but he can't be with her...and then she looks across the street to see Peter staring a her with love in his eyes...Both run toward each other and embrace with passion while kissing

It was quite a nice end to the last episode.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,715,798 times
I still don't understand what the Observer meant about this being the right Olivia. Not trying to think too hard about it.

Here's a funny Walterisms video:

THE FRINGE TEAM'S FAVORITE "WALTERISMS" - YouTube

Had me laughing out loud!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM

20,318 posts, read 37,316,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I still don't understand what the Observer meant about this being the right Olivia. Not trying to think too hard about it.

Maybe that she is the right Olivia (plus the right universe), but things got out of whack when the observers tried to erase Peter from this universe. By erasing Peter, all the people around him also lost Peter's presence from their minds, but it seems that Olivia's love for Peter interfered with the process of erasing him. It also seems that Walter is now quite fund of Peter, and so Astrid (?). The only one who is having a difficult time if the FBI guy who is also in love with Olivia, but that too may change.

What has me puzzled if the observer telling Olivia that she must die (a few episodes back).

Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Thanks, Ray. Can't wait to see it. Was that the end of this season? That's a bummer, what the Observer said....he'd looked at all time lines and possibilities and in all of them, Olivia has to die.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,715,798 times
Quote:
Thanks, Ray. Can't wait to see it. Was that the end of this season? That's a bummer, what the Observer said....he'd looked at all time lines and possibilities and in all of them, Olivia has to die.
Last Friday's episode was one of 4 in a row. I don't think the season finale is until May?! Not positive though...

Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,665,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post

He meant that Peter has been in the "right" universe the entire time. This entire season has been about Peter thinking he was in the wrong reality.

But, turns out he was in the right reality but it had changed greatly since he was supposed to have been erased from it. Except the Olive's love was too great so she couldn't let go of him. Nor, apparently, could Walter since he kept having visions of The Mighty Duck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV