Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,329,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
But do you really think that going to a fertility clinic is "God's will?" Going to a fertility clinic seems more to me like people trying to "play God."

I highly doubt a just God would give the Gosselins...who had good jobs in nursing and IT and were hardly poor....a McMansion and vacations that most people can't afford, all the while other people are starving and there are millions of children living in terrible abusive situtations and poverty. Yep...some kids get abused and starve, and the Gosselins get "rewarded by God" for going to a fertility clinic and having a litter.

I don't think so.
First of all, people who go to a fertility clinic are not trying to play God. I should know...I am lucky to have found our fertility Dr as he was the only one to get us pregnant after years of trying. We were not playing God...We were going to get help just as one would go to a Cancer doctor to fight that horrible problem. Are they playing God?! No! I don't know your family situation, but I hope you never have to go through infertility issues as it is one of the most painful things people will go through in their lives. You have NO IDEA.
Second, I said she was a nurse and he in IT. But she had to quit her job to raise the kids. Before I had twins we were making great money on two incomes, but the day they were born everything changed and we had to go to one income b/c daycare for two of the same age (especially infants) is expensive. It would cost us $30K to send both of ours right now and they are almost 2...As infants it is even more expensive.

And finally-God works is many wonderful, mysterious ways and just maybe HE sent this as a solution to their financial situation. And the litter comment was just wrong and rude. Those kids are lucky they have the parents they have...those who chose to give them life instead of kill them off b/c there are too many. You must not be a parent, b/c if you were you would know a parent would go to the ends of the earth to do what they could to give their kids a good life.

I really hope you never have to experience the pain of infertility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 PM

43 posts, read 202,705 times
Scran Barre, I think that the only thing Raleigh has that Scranton doesn't have is a warmer winter!! I'm beginning to think that Scranton is the best kept secret of PA.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,855,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post

And finally-God works is many wonderful, mysterious ways and just maybe HE sent this as a solution to their financial situation. And the litter comment was just wrong and rude. Those kids are lucky they have the parents they have...those who chose to give them life instead of kill them off b/c there are too many. You must not be a parent, b/c if you were you would know a parent would go to the ends of the earth to do what they could to give their kids a good life.

I really hope you never have to experience the pain of infertility.
Yes, I am a parent, and going to the ends of the earth for your kids should not include stripping them of their childhood by exploiting their every move on TV for people's entertainment and for money.

Did you ever think that God might make some people infertile because he wanted them to adopt?

Old 10-01-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am a parent, and going to the ends of the earth for your kids should not include stripping them of their childhood by exploiting their every move on TV for people's entertainment and for money.

Did you ever think that God might make some people infertile because he wanted them to adopt?
Oh...God made me infertile b/c I was to adopt...thanks for giving me the answers.
I couldn't get pregnant b/c I had a condition and no I don't think God gave me that condition to adopt. I can't believe how insensitive you are... If you would put yourself into these shoes for a little while, you would think differently. If you were told you couldn't have kids I bet your yearning to have your own flesh and blood would take over. But, it is easy for you to say "just adopt" b/c you have never been in this situation.
As for Jon and Kate...Who is to say what is right for them. All I am saying is took look at it from their side for a moment. It is so easy to cast stones.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 14,967 times
Default What's it to you if they move???

Why is everyone so quick to judge these people?
If you don't like them, don't watch! And why waste your time bashing them on the internet?

Anyway--- Just wanted to say I just moved from Pittsburgh to Charlotte so I can say first hand that the opportunities in NC are far better. When I graduated last year there were far more quality and high paying jobs in Charlotte than there were around Pittsburgh. Also for the past two years, NC cities have been designated as the best city to relocate to ( Charlotte and Asheville. ) Also housing and school is cheap and of great quality here.

Why would you question them moving?? If even if it was for warmer weather, like they have mentioned before, I don't blame them. Their kids will be happy!

Either way it's no one's business but theirs.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 14,967 times
Default Haters

Quote:

Where are you from??? Mars??? I can't believe there are still backward people like you in this country..... WOW... God makes people infertile for them to adopt?! That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

These kids aren't being exploited in any harmful way. It is soooo clear how much they love their kids. They keep where they live as secret as possible-- they just said they decide to do the show on a season to season basis and they will quit if it gets out of control or unsafe. AND--- they aren't making them "perform", the cameras are taping the family as they live their lives. The kids do whatever they want and the cameras just record it. They wouldn't get half of the great experiences they do if it wasn't for the show. Yes they get freebies and money, but the kids get to live better! And the kids have said on camera how much they love the camera guys and love watching their own show. If they are safe and can continue to live normally then what is the big freaking deal?!

I think you haters are jealous... If you were them would you honestly turn down all the great opportunities? If you could barely feed your family would you turn down money and experiences?? It doesn't make you a sell out to accept an opportunity that would help you family survive and live well.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,538,104 times
Since when is exploitation not harmful? Where do you come from? Arkansas? I can't believe that so many in this country are as backwards as you. I personally believe that God makes people infertile because they are not meant to have children. If we couldn't conceive, that would have been that.

Now adoption is a noble thing, far nobler than I am capable. But for those who can, I believe they are truly doing God's work, moreso than those who pay all that money to have a biological child, but if they want to, so be it.

Where I have a problem is with this woman, who was already blessed with 2 kids, selfishly roping her husband into playing fertility roulette once again, and then exploiting every person and agency they come in contact with for her own selfish gain.

She is not a good, caring, loving parent, she is a selfish pig who nudges everyone from the trough, including her children. She could probably go back to work and make enough to pay for a nanny but of course that would go against her principle of having it all, right now, at any expense.

You will see when her kids grow up to be whackos and are strung out or on talk shows about what a monster this woman is...I see a Mommie Dearest II in their future...

Old 10-02-2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit5ney View Post

Anyway--- Just wanted to say I just moved from Pittsburgh to Charlotte so I can say first hand that the opportunities in NC are far better. When I graduated last year there were far more quality and high paying jobs in Charlotte than there were around Pittsburgh. Also for the past two years, NC cities have been designated as the best city to relocate to ( Charlotte and Asheville. ) Also housing and school is cheap and of great quality here.

I disagree. I looked into jobs in NC after college, and found that most jobs in NC pay much less than the same jobs in PA. My identical job pays $10,000 less per year than I make in NE PA. Plus, the cost of living is much higher in NC (Raleigh) than in Scranton. Housing is most definitely not cheap there. A house that would sell for $150,000 in Scranton is easily $300,000 in NC.

I decided to stay in PA and am glad I did.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit5ney View Post
Where are you from??? Mars??? I can't believe there are still backward people like you in this country..... WOW... God makes people infertile for them to adopt?! That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Its no more ridiculous than someone saying that God is giving the Gosselins expensive vacations and a nice house because they "decided not to abort any of the babies" after she artificially had 6 kids at once by going to a fertility clinic. Yeah, and I guess God wanted Jon and Kate to have free plastic surgery and hair implants, right?

Sure...God is giving the Gosselins trips to Disney World and many other kids in this world are living in horrible abusive situations. That just doesn't sound right to me.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrmobl View Post
Since when is exploitation not harmful? Where do you come from? Arkansas? I can't believe that so many in this country are as backwards as you. I personally believe that God makes people infertile because they are not meant to have children. If we couldn't conceive, that would have been that.

Now adoption is a noble thing, far nobler than I am capable. But for those who can, I believe they are truly doing God's work, moreso than those who pay all that money to have a biological child, but if they want to, so be it.

Where I have a problem is with this woman, who was already blessed with 2 kids, selfishly roping her husband into playing fertility roulette once again, and then exploiting every person and agency they come in contact with for her own selfish gain.

She is not a good, caring, loving parent, she is a selfish pig who nudges everyone from the trough, including her children. She could probably go back to work and make enough to pay for a nanny but of course that would go against her principle of having it all, right now, at any expense.

You will see when her kids grow up to be whackos and are strung out or on talk shows about what a monster this woman is...I see a Mommie Dearest II in their future...
You can't 100% say if you couldn't conceive that would have been that. You truely do not know what you would do unless you are in that situation. I don't think I couldn't get pregnant b/c I wasn't to have kids. I couldn't get pregnant b/c I had endometreosis (sp?) and it had to be removed with surgery. To say I was not to have kids is to deny my kids existence. I am so thankful to have these two and hopefully they will go on to serve a greater purpose than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV