Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJ1107 View Post
Dont you people have your own lives than to talk about the lives of someones else!!!
Don't you have your own life, rather than creating a city-data account for the sole purpose of defending Jon and Kate? 1 post, and its only to blast people who don't like the Gosselins' exploitation of their kids and this ridiculous show in general.... Hmmm......Pot, meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:14 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Don't you have your own life, rather than creating a city-data account for the sole purpose of defending Jon and Kate? 1 post, and its only to blast people who don't like the Gosselins' exploitation of their kids and this ridiculous show in general.... Hmmm......Pot, meet kettle.
Thank you, you read my mind!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 AM

72 posts, read 201,780 times
Quote:
There must be alot of bored people on this forum for the way you run people down. The only reason I logged on was to see where they (Jon & Kate) were moving to. I found out and now I'll leave, never to return unless of coarse I get bored enough to put up with the likes of some of you. I live somewhere in Canada where we don't all have a nasty attitude and major issues about Jon & Kate. She is alittle mean to Jon at times but I believe they love each other and I DON'T think they are using their kids for money. I think you guys are just alittle bit envious of them. Did you ever stop to think maybe Kate didn't have that great of a childhood and that's why she's so weird about dirt and germs. Maybe her mom was a total hag. Maybe she raised with an iron fist and didn't get to have fun like a normal kid. I think you people should look in a mirror first and then say what you want about others. I'm not perfect and I'm sure not going to sit here and run someone down that I've never met or had a conversation with. Wow you guys are arrogant.
Quote:
I only logged on to see where they are moving to, because i missed the show and all i find is hate hate and hate. Dont you people have your own lives than to talk about the lives of someones else, i mean you people should be the 1s to grow up... Are your lives so empty that you have to bash on people that you dont even know. I mean these shows are edited, and alot is taken out, they are filmed for multiple days and edited into an hour. Get lives people. The sextuplets act more maturely than you do. If you dont like them then simply change the channel and move on!!!
You two need to get a grip on yourselves. This forum is for expressing opinions, nothing more. These people have expressed their opinions, and you've expressed yours. And why you would create an account on here merely to express your "outrage" out their "arrogance." That seems pretty petty to me. But then again, what do I know? I've posted on here as well. Maybe I'm arrogant as well?!?

Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 PM

109 posts, read 366,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegoogoo View Post
Wernersville,pa

Lovegoogoo has it right...Wernersville PA is the city where they moved too. There are a few blogs out there with pics of the home from when it was on the market (search Gosselins Without Pity). I beleive the price was $1.3 million...YIKES! Maybe NC will be spared (except for the summers!!).

Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I don't by any stretch of the imagination "hate" NC. Most people here in the Rust Belt are just getting angry that so many of our friends, neighbors, and even relatives are relocating to the Tarheel State as if they were GIVING AWAY homes down there or something! A lot of people from NJ, NY, PA, and OH are moving to Raleigh and Charlotte because of the "beaches" (even though the Outer Banks are quite a haul away), the "lower cost-of-living" (we'll see how low those property taxes are in a decade when more infrastructure/schools have to be built to accommodate the transplant influx), and the "better weather" (I'd take our beautiful four seasons here in PA any day though over a much more moderate climate).

It's more along the lines of "Why is NC so popular?!" I mean, look at this forum as a prime example. The busiest forums BY FAR on this board are for NC, Raleigh/Durham, and Charlotte. Why?
Really? Don't hate North Carolina? Then find something else to talk about! It's not like the entire state of North Carolina put up a sign begging people from Pennsylvania to move down here. So anyone who chooses to move down here is doing just that-choosing. No one is forcing them to move! Having been born and raised in North Carolina, and having been to Pennsylvania on several occasions (and I liked it, especially the Lancaster area) I would definitely pick North Carolina as the place to be. If you were to choose to move to North Carolina, I would be the first to roll out the red carpet of Southern hospitality! Don't complain about your "friends, neighbors and even relatives" moving, be happy that they moved somewhere they want to be! Maybe you should come and visit and see what all the fuss is about.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:32 PM

421 posts, read 2,534,074 times
Yea for some reason or another I've known others who want to go to North Carolina and always wanted to know why. Although I've never been to NC I've talked to many people who have lived there and liked it. I guess it's because it's below the Mason-Dixie line, it's alittle warmer than up here in the northeast and it's near the ocean, but I'm not so sure I'd say the jobs pay better down there, I wouldn't go that far. I'll tell you one thing, I've seen more people move out of the northeast portion of this country down to some of the southern states only to move back within a year or two. Most have told me that it's nice in the south, but when it comes to jobs, they don't pay as well as the same job does up north. Sad to see so many people pick up and move down south only to come back a year later and depressed.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:31 AM

457 posts, read 1,280,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahlehigh View Post
There must be alot of bored people on this forum for the way you run people down. The only reason I logged on was to see where they (Jon & Kate) were moving to. I found out and now I'll leave, never to return unless of coarse I get bored enough to put up with the likes of some of you. I live somewhere in Canada where we don't all have a nasty attitude and major issues about Jon & Kate. She is alittle mean to Jon at times but I believe they love each other and I DON'T think they are using their kids for money. I think you guys are just alittle bit envious of them. Did you ever stop to think maybe Kate didn't have that great of a childhood and that's why she's so weird about dirt and germs. Maybe her mom was a total hag. Maybe she raised with an iron fist and didn't get to have fun like a normal kid. I think you people should look in a mirror first and then say what you want about others. I'm not perfect and I'm sure not going to sit here and run someone down that I've never met or had a conversation with. Wow you guys are arrogant.
I think I have a right to comment since Kate was trying to use MY tax dollars in order to pay for daycare. Yes, if you look in to the history of the Gosselins you will find that Kate tried to con the state of PA. She lied and said that a couple of the kids were sick so that the family could get use of state funded nurses on a daily basis to look after the children. A few of the newspapers statewide carried the story. AND Kate puts her family in the public spotlight, so the Gosselins are open to discussion.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,634 times
For those who wonder about the attraction to NC. It really isn't a slap at PA.
I don't live in NC but do live in the South. First of all, I imagine there is more house for the money. There is perhaps a climate better for oudoor living year round, along with cheaper and more plentiful golf, (not sure about this but it is true where I am), jobs?? And the beach communities. That is plenty for some people. Not for all.
Without getting into the "whether it is a good move" argument I would like to address the "what is there to do" question. People establish social networks with hobbies and activities. Golf, cards, biking trails, day trip groups, beautiful parks, art classes, language study, outings to the mountains or beach, gem hunting, shopping, picnicing, exercise groups, and even a favorite pub or two to just have fun with friends and family. It is time for the folks who live in the urban centers to understand that there is a life outside of the Northeast.

And I truly do appreciate PA--I am a native and will defend it always but it is useful to have a broader perspective IMHO.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 PM

10 posts, read 34,377 times
Default Laughing at you all the way to the bank....

They are laughing all the way to the bank or their 1.3 million dollar home. She is a basic RN and he it IT support. They were struggling to make ends meet like all the rest of America.

They have made a profit off of the eight children. They get free vacations because people want to see them drag around eight kids through Hawaii or Disneyworld. The get profits from the show and DVD sales.

In the end you have lost two hours of your time watching their lives on TV, and they are rolling around on their estate laughing saying, "I cannot beleive people think were interesting..."

The funny thing is she does not allow her children to watch tv, same as the Arkansas family ( 18 plus counting show). But they have no problem having your children tombies in front tv it get money.

Of course most of Hollywood. Sport Stars, and Musicans laughs at us while sipping the bubbly.

You gave them the money, middle class stuggling to make house payment, food on the table, keep my job, America! Ever think what would happen in people stopped paying 50 a month in cable and rode a bike, 8 dollars for a movie ticket and just sat and talked on a date, stopped paying $150 a seat for football and went to a local Highschool game for under $20.

Middle class would have more money saved for retirement.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,745 times
I think is so easy for people to sit back and judge. Unless you're in someone else's shoes you shouldn't be so quick to comment. Jon and Kate have opened their whole lives to the world. And correct me if I'm wrong, but no one is PERFECT! I also just logged on to find out where they were moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV