Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,369,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
They made some mighty ballsy move in that opening episode, can't say I'm loving Jax's new hair though and Juice needs to man up that mustache he's sporting.

For those who hasn't seen it yet, skip my comments below.

Spoiler
As far as my ballsy move comment: Taking on the Russians like that? If the writers stay true to what the Russian mob is at all, that's gonna be a problem for SAMCRO.

All said and done, it was an interesting season opener, glad to see that they appear to be taking in Wayne over the next episodes. The Jax leaving plot was a surprise, but I really don't see it happening, we'll see I suppose.
I was totally shocked when they did that to the Russians too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,480,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
She has certainly come far from Season 1 where she was a NURSE!
You sure? I thought she has always been a Doc.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Oh, yes, I understand about the macho environment. But, who sent the commissary money while he was locked up? Tara supported the family then. Yeah, I know that's different because he was locked up. (Not directed at you, moreso at the situation).

It's just irritating from a woman's perspective to hear that he won't live off his wife. It doesn't have to be forever, just until Jax can get an education.

But, as I was typing this, I realized that it's more than the lack of skills that is keeping him tied to the life. I think that he thrives on the excitement of the life as well. And no trade or 9 to 5 is going to replace that.
Another thing ... would Jax be able to break the habit of using killing to solve problems if he started a new life as a regular "civilian?" He really is a prolific, cold, emotionless and efficient killer. He's probably personally killed more people than several of the other guys combined.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I've watched every episode from Day 1 of the series. She was a regular old nurse at the hospital in Season 1. Then Season 2 starts and ... what do you know ... she is a doctor! I can only guess they decided to expand her character and she needed a profession with more pull and autonomy than a nurse.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM

Is anybody else glad they finally let Abel GROW?

I swear he stayed a little baby for something like two years!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,378,299 times
Quote:
She has certainly come far from Season 1 where she was a NURSE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I'm pretty confident she's always been a doctor, and more specifically, I think she's a pediatric surgeon.

There was several times both in season one and two where this came through, first time was when she was assisting on the surgery of Jax's son, there was also a scene, in the period where she was thinking of quitting (after half sack died), where the hospital administrator got her back into it by letting her know that a child would die if she didn't toughen up and do the surgery needed.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Is anybody else glad they finally let Abel GROW?

I swear he stayed a little baby for something like two years!
That's actually a little inaccurate, but you do kind of get that feeling. Season 3 for instance took place over a couple of weeks, according to Kurt Sutter, from the time the baby was snatched 'til they had him back was less than three weeks, you don't really get that feeling, but that's what they say.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I'm pretty confident she's always been a doctor, and more specifically, I think she's a pediatric surgeon.

There was several times both in season one and two where this came through, first time was when she was assisting on the surgery of Jax's son, there was also a scene, in the period where she was thinking of quitting (after half sack died), where the hospital administrator got her back into it by letting her know that a child would die if she didn't toughen up and do the surgery needed.
I KNOW she was a nurse in Season 1. Definitely. No question about it. Then Season 2 starts and she's a doctor (with no "explanation" like she went to med school, etc., she's just a doctor and the former nurse stuff is never mentioned).

If anything she was the OR nurse on that surgery.

That stuff with the administrator was not in Season 1, and possibly not in Season 2. I think it was Season 3. I have to check.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I KNOW she was a nurse in Season 1. Definitely. No question about it. Then Season 2 starts and she's a doctor (with no "explanation" like she went to med school, etc., she's just a doctor and the former nurse stuff is never mentioned).

If anything she was the OR nurse on that surgery.

That stuff with the administrator was not in Season 1, and possibly not in Season 2. I think it was Season 3. I have to check.
Where did they mention she was a nurse in season 1?

They already call her Doc then.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,022,236 times
Quote:
I KNOW she was a nurse in Season 1. Definitely. No question about it.

That would be incorrect. She was a resident and it clearly talked about her attending Medical School in Chicago and that is where she met agent Kohn.

It is all here in the SOA Wiki page:

http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/Tara_Knowles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV