Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,841,348 times

Advertisements

[quote=sfcambridge;21660962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedmom View Post
Possibilities for next season:

Does anybody remember that the old man in the nursing home had a photo of himself posing with his twin grandsons when they were children? There was a third child in that photo, a boy older than the twins. I am wondering where the older grandson is and if he will show up for revenge.

I think the older boy was Tuco.

I actually missed where the creator was going with the last scene of the season (the poison plant in Walt's yard). The NPR interview with the Show's creator established that this was to tell us that Walt poisoned the child. But why would Walt do this? What would this gain? He thought that he could then use this to try to trick Jesse into killing Gus, by suggesting Gus did it? And I thought that was a a weak argument anyway. Why would Gus kill the kid? It wouldn't make sense for Gus or Walter to do it.
Wasn't the sniper/negotiator from Episode 9 (Don Eladio's henchman who was subsequently killed in a shootout with Jesse after the poisoning of the cartel) Hector's last remaining male relative? Wasn't that why Gus brought Jessie to Hector? To torture him with the presence of the low-birth addict that killed the last of his proud, pedigreed, criminal officer relatives?

I took the plant in Walt's yard to be subtle evidence that Walt, with his prodigious knowledge of organic and biological chemistry, knew that the plant would not be fatal but would produce symptoms similar to ricin poisoning, thereby enabling a string of miraculous circumstances that would get Jessie back into his corner. It was a reach that I found mildly disappointing (along with the idea that Gus wouldn't be able to resist having Tyrus kill Hector), but writing a believeable way for naiive-chemistry-teacher Walt to kill the criminal genius that was Gus Fring simply required a reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 12:05 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,688,395 times
Regarding the plant in Walt's yard...

If you remember the scene where Walt sent his family to Hank's and he was sitting in his back yard by the pool spinning his gun on the table.... the first two times he spun it the gun faced him; the last time he spun the gun it faced the plant. That was the foreshadowing of poisoning Brock. The scene at the end with the plant in the back yard was a reminder.

Also, about the idea that Walt should have simply let Gus kill Hank... really? He had no choice between Hank or his family... which is why he was waiting around for Gus to come kill him instead of Hank or his family. But while he was waiting he hatched his plan, which ultimately succeeded.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Also, about the idea that Walt should have simply let Gus kill Hank... really? He had no choice between Hank or his family... which is why he was waiting around for Gus to come kill him instead of Hank or his family. But while he was waiting he hatched his plan, which ultimately succeeded.
He had a choice. Walt's immediate family would not have been at risk if Hank had let Gus kill Hank. Walt and his immediate family became at risk when Walt decided to interfere and warn Gus via the lawyer. If he had kept his mouth shut, Walt, his wife and children wouldn't have been harmed, and Walt wouldnt have been sitting around waiting for Gus to kill him, nor needed to hatch a plan.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:41 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,688,395 times
That's not a choice; Walt had no basis to trust Gus.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:50 PM

4,417 posts, read 9,162,357 times
Default Breakin Bad

The final episodes of Breaking Bad seson 4 were clearly the best shows on TV in 15 years! What an amazing show. It has now been recently announced that a new season is scheduled. Who knows where this will lead. Many unanswered questions.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:52 AM

538 posts, read 1,014,834 times
Default Anyone keeping up with Breaking Bad?

I started watching this show last month on Netflix and have already watched Seasons 1-4. The show just became addicting and I couldn't stop watching it. So far I have concluded that Walt is the man. Too bad there is only going to be one more season.

Does anyone know for sure if Walt poisoned Brock to trick Jesse into helping him kill Gus? It looks like that's what happened in the last episode of season 4. I'm assuming this anyway.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,706,735 times
Use the search function. There is a huge thread about breaking bad.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM

538 posts, read 1,014,834 times
I entered in "Breaking Bad" into the search function beforehand and nothing came up.

My search function must be malfunctioning. Could you direct me kind sir?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times
Yep, Walt is scum. He poisoned Brock.

I lost all respect for him. I liked him back when he was loyal to Jesse.

But Walt has turned into being more evil than Gus. At least Gus had some standards.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,706,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I entered in "Breaking Bad" into the search function beforehand and nothing came up.

My search function must be malfunctioning. Could you direct me kind sir?

Gotta to advanced search, click on entertainment/tv

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/13...season-11.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/92...aking-bad.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV