Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 AM

538 posts, read 1,013,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yep, Walt is scum. He poisoned Brock.

I lost all respect for him. I liked him back when he was loyal to Jesse.

But Walt has turned into being more evil than Gus. At least Gus had some standards.

But what I'm thinking is maybe Walt knew how much to give Brock in order to make him sick but not die. But I'm not sure. Theres more to this I think. You also have to remember his whole family was at stake. Guess we'll have to see with Season 5.

Gus had men employed that used children for drug dealing. But then Jesse talked to Gus about it and that's when Gus told the guys to stop using children. But then the child got killed if I remember correctly, I'm forgetting how and by who at this moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Thanks.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,003,650 times
Quote:
Yep, Walt is scum. He poisoned Brock.

I lost all respect for him. I liked him back when he was loyal to Jesse.

But Walt has turned into being more evil than Gus. At least Gus had some standards.
Do you have kids?

The most dangerous thing in the world is a father who thinks his children's life is at risk. Gus threatened to kill his newborn daughter and you think he has standards?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Do you have kids?

The most dangerous thing in the world is a father who thinks his children's life is at risk. Gus threatened to kill his newborn daughter and you think he has standards?
Exactly, moreover his whole family was threatened.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Do you have kids?

The most dangerous thing in the world is a father who thinks his children's life is at risk.
Yes, I have children. Walt's kids wouldn't have been in danger if Walt had let Gus kill Hank.

And Walt isn't more moral for saving Hank at the expense of Brock.

Hank chose to have a career that would put him at this risk.

Even if Walt had never gotten into cooking meth, Hank could have become on someone's hit list.

It could still happen in the future without Walt knowing or having a way of stopping it via another drug leader Walk doesn't know.

WALT is the one who put his children at risk.

Quote:
Gus threatened to kill his newborn daughter and you think he has standards?
Yes, he did have standards. It was very black and white, no grey areas with him.

Whereas, Walt flies by the seat of his pants and his standards are ever changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Exactly, moreover his whole family was threatened.
Because he was a freaking idiot. He brought it all on himself.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM

You can't go the route of saying "Well Walt shouldn't have started cooking meth". What kind of TV show would it be without that turn? You have to work with what you have. Not what you want or should have.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
You can't go the route of saying "Well Walt shouldn't have started cooking meth". What kind of TV show would it be without that turn? You have to work with what you have. Not what you want or should have.
I didn't say that. I said that Walt should have let Gus kill Hank. That's the only reason Walt's family was at risk. Gus was letting Hank live out of respect for Jesse's wishes. Gus could have killed Walt, but he didn't. He fired him but let him live. He told him that he better not warn Hank. That was the threat. Walt should have heeded that threat. Sacrificing Brock to save Hank was inexcusable. Walt's family wasn't at risk until Hank chose to get a warning out to Hank. And that's a choice that Walt knowingly made.

When I mentioned Walt cooking meth, it was in the context of Hank's life could have been in danger anyway, even if Walt had never cooked meth, because Hanks profession puts his life at risk like that everyday. It wasn't Walt's responsibility to save Hank. And THAT is what put Walt's children at risk.

Remember, Walt had Jesse kill the other chemist just to save their own asses. That chemist was innocent, like Brock. Walt isn't moral. He takes innocent lives. He is no better than Gus. At least Gus gave Walt an option. Walt didn't give that chemist an option. The fact that Hank was related to Walt is irrelevant. Hank was putting the business at risk. The chemist wasn't putting the business at risk. Walt sacrificed that chemist just like he sacrificed Brock.

Last edited by Hopes; 02-28-2012 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have children. Walt's kids wouldn't have been in danger if Walt had let Gus kill Hank.
So, let Hank die instead of finding another way? Hank is his family too. You're making this sound much easier than it is. Why let someone you love die if you dont have too.

Quote:
And Walt isn't more moral for saving Hank at the expense of Brock.
I dont think Brock was ever in real danger. I think Walt knew exactly the amount to give him to make him sick and recover.

Regardless, I never said he was moral. When your kids are in danger, morals go out the window.

Quote:
Hank chose to have a career that would put him at this risk.

Even if Walt had never gotten into cooking meth, Hank could have become on someone's hit list.
So, because Hank choose to be a DEA agent, he should just die? Do you think every DEA agent gets an attempt on their life? Most government agents and police officers never even fire their gun their entire career. Shows and movies just make you think they do. I know government agents and most of them have never even been in danger or even had to remove their gun from their holster much less have their life threatened. The instance of Hank being in danger was created by Walt's involvement. Before that it didnt look like Hank was ever in danger before.

Quote:
WALT is the one who put his children at risk.
That isnt relevant. The point is that his children are in danger no matter the reason and any parent who is worth a damn would do anything to save them including putting another child in danger. I wouldnt think twice about it.

Quote:
Yes, he did have standards. It was very black and white, no grey areas with him.

Whereas, Walt flies by the seat of his pants and his standards are ever changing.
No, they both have the same standards. The difference between Walt and Gus are what drives their standards. Gus is driven by profit and Walt is driven by protecting and caring for this family. Other than that, it is the same thing.

Quote:
Because he was a freaking idiot. He brought it all on himself.
That is easy for you to say. Once you get involved with something like that, you get drug deeper and deeper in. He started with good intentions but when you are dealing with people that will kill without conscious then you have to do what you have to do.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that. I said that Walt should have let Gus kill Hank. That's the only reason Walt's family was at risk.
You seem to be forgetting that Walt and Hank are family.

Quote:
When I mentioned Walt cooking meth, it was in the context of Hank's life could have been in danger anyway, even if Walt had never cooked meth, because Hanks profession puts his life at risk like that everyday. It wasn't Walt's responsibility to save Hank. And THAT is what put Walt's children at risk.
You're being dramatic. His life wasnt in danger everyday or probably ever. As I said before, most law enforcement never even pull their gun. Being that he was a commanding officer, he was never in danger because his subordinates conducting raids while he sat in a truck.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that. I said that Walt should have let Gus kill Hank. That's the only reason Walt's family was at risk. Gus was letting Hank live out of respect for Jesse's wishes. Gus could have killed Walt, but he didn't. He fired him but let him live. He told him that he better not warn Hank. That was the threat. Walt should have heeded that threat. Sacrificing Brock to save Hank was inexcusable. Walt's family wasn't at risk until Hank chose to get a warning out to Hank. And that's a choice that Walt knowingly made.

Remember, Walt had Jesse kill the other chemist just to save their own asses. That chemist was innocent, like Brock. Walt isn't moral. He takes innocent lives. He is no better than Gus. At least Gus gave Walt an option. Walt didn't give that chemist an option. The fact that Hank was related to Walt is irrelevant. Hank was putting the business at risk. The chemist wasn't putting the business at risk. Walt sacrificed that chemist just like he sacrificed Brock.
Basically what RJRobb has stated.

Gus gave them options because he had the power to do so. Hes was basically the president of the business. Walt didn't give the chemist options because he didn't have options to give. It was him/them or the chemist. You're right, the chemist wasn't putting the business at risk, he was putting Walt at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV