Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,309,735 times

Advertisements

BrBa is best written show currently on TV, has the best actors and defiantly the best cinematography, of course I'm biased living in ABQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 03:36 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,821 times
Last night was great, I love the way they can twist our emotions, now we are rooting for Gus. I have always like Jessie but don't forget Walt gave us a lot of great moments. I have no idea where the show is going thats what makes it so great.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,049,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I have no idea where the show is going thats what makes it so great.
Yes. Remember when the Whites had a baby daughter?

And now Skylar gives Ted 600K while poor Walt Jr gets a PT Cruiser.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,133,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Yes. Remember when the Whites had a baby daughter?
Speaking of which, where has the baby been these past eposides? We went from watching a car seat being carried around to absolutely no sighting of her whatsoever.

Quote:
And now Skylar gives Ted 600K while poor Walt Jr gets a PT Cruiser.
Her old boss is either going to rat on them to the IRS to save his own ass or he's going to blackmail them.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:37 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,655,105 times
Knowing that they have announced that next season will be the last, they have to start sowing the seeds of a downfall. I think skylar giving her former boss that money is one seed. hank, pursuing gus like a dog with a bone, is definitely another. How they will be able to avoid being discovered with hank pursuing, will take a miracle. As long as hank still needs someone to drive him, at least walt has some control there. I think the wildness of the cartel scenes and the boring, everyday family scenes are meant to show us the true disparity between walt's worlds.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Speaking of which, where has the baby been these past eposides? We went from watching a car seat being carried around to absolutely no sighting of her whatsoever.
Yes, Skylar being pregnant, and then every other scene with Walt holding the baby, were a big part of the show earlier.

It almost seems like the omission of Holly is deliberate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Knowing that they have announced that next season will be the last, they have to start sowing the seeds of a downfall. I think skylar giving her former boss that money is one seed. hank, pursuing gus like a dog with a bone, is definitely another. How they will be able to avoid being discovered with hank pursuing, will take a miracle. As long as hank still needs someone to drive him, at least walt has some control there. I think the wildness of the cartel scenes and the boring, everyday family scenes are meant to show us the true disparity between walt's worlds.
Yes, yes and yes.

Gus certainly showed himself to be the ultimate badass. Did anyone see the necklace taken from Don Eladio? Will it be displayed to Tio Hector?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,688,054 times
The way the writers/directors/cinematographers work!
The way glasses go on and off to portray the internal thinking of the characters....The focus on shoes, tires, backseat views, very voyeuristic.
I too am fascinated with Gus, look at how the lab was in plain view in Mexico where it is hidden in the US. I read an interview with the actor (Gus) said he actually got ill putting his finger down his throat. I like the idea that Walter had many chances to stop or get out but you just cannot predict what will happen. All I know is at some time we will understand crime and fostering misery on others never pays. As the bible says:
<< Matthew 16 >>

26“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, Skylar being pregnant, and then every other scene with Walt holding the baby, were a big part of the show earlier.

It almost seems like the omission of Holly is deliberate.
I think the writers can't be bothered with that part of the story line because the baby is really a pointless part of the storyline. That's why most of the time, the baby only appeared as a car seat carrier (sometimes probably with a doll in it). Sometimes Skylar would walk in the door, set it down and never go back to it. Now there is no baby whatsoever. Maybe they thought we'd forget she existed. LOL

Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 PM

I have absolutely zero sympathy for Walt. What kind of idiot is he?

The money doesn't add up. That 600k shouldn't be putting a dent into Walt's money. He makes 600k a week! How could they not have millions? The carwash didn't cost much. The financial aspect of the storyline makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm guessing Walt has no choice but to take his family into witness protection at this point. If he has the time. I'm sure Gus will know instantly that Walt tipped off the DEA. Gus might get to him first. But I doubt the writers of Breaking Bad will eliminate Walt and his family from the show so soon. Darn shame, it would be the most realistic outcome.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have absolutely zero sympathy for Walt. What kind of idiot is he?

The money doesn't add up. That 600k shouldn't be putting a dent into Walt's money. He makes 600k a week! How could they not have millions? The carwash didn't cost much. The financial aspect of the storyline makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm guessing Walt has no choice but to take his family into witness protection at this point. If he has the time. I'm sure Gus will know instantly that Walt tipped off the DEA. Gus might get to him first. But I doubt the writers of Breaking Bad will eliminate Walt and his family from the show so soon. Darn shame, it would be the most realistic outcome.
Cut and pasted from another forum:

They made approx 40,000 before the met tuco

They made about 40,000 off original tuco buy plus 15,000 in pain and suffering for jesse

They took out a $70,000 loan from Tuco, then paid back tuco with drugs, and made $70,000.

Walt said he had only 16,000 at this time $9,600 after laundering @17%.

Sold original 38lbs to Gus for $1.5 mil.

Walt was brought on at 3 mil for three months to work for Gus, split with jesse.

So a total intake of about $4.665 million.

Expenses: $70,000 to buy new equipment for blue meth

$95,000 taken from them from DEA.

$150,000 in walts cancer care $800,000 in car wash

$670,000 in bail out to Benake

$55,000 for the joy ride in the charger

$80,000 to free brandon from copsabout

$15,000 to store rv $10,000 to fix rv

$15,000 upfront and rent for jesse's apartment

$15,000 for treatment

$400,000 for jesse's aunts house about

$100,000 for Hank's hospital bills

$25,000 for 6-9 months of household bills for walt

$400,000 to buy walts furnished condo

$10,000 to jesse gift to girl with kid, plus $1800 a month for rent so far

$255,000 to launder jesse's 3 months

$255,000 to launder first 1.5 mil

$75,000 to launder walts 3 months after laundering money you still have to pay takes on it.

$1,370,250 35% federal 195.750 5% state NM plus all the lawers fee's for him to be on the show as much. and the "distribution"fee's paid to the three dealers.

So far that is $6,065,000 in expenses.
I don't know if this checks out. I'm terrible with my own money, let alone a TV character's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV