Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM

699 posts, read 1,015,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
My hubby said that he didn't really want to hook up onto another addictive serial - I thought (after having endured the withdrawal process) that he may be right - maybe the serialization (the episodes are not self-resolving by each episode end) is too strong of a drug!

(But then again, something serialized like Damages has much less punch, - all those slow scenes have nothing to the detail-oriented (each detail matters) BB).

Sort of cautiously starting to watch Waking Dead and Dexter - (sort of hoping they won't pack as strong of a punch as BB).
I watched all of BB in the time period of about two weeks. It would have been very hard for me to wait a week between episodes, I think. Most addictive TV program I've ever watched. And I keep thinking about the characters and I'm feeling so curious what is going to happen next year in the finale. It's like the
characters are part of my family or close friends who I really care about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
It's like the
characters are part of my family or close friends who I really care about.
Really?

While I love the show, I don't find much likeable about Walt or the late Mike or so many of the others.

The only one who seems to have a conscience is Jesse ---- and he's certainly no angel.

Walt has turned into a truly despicable and cold blooded killer - no better than Gus was.

I actually kind of do like Hank. I know he's a blowhard and full of himself but his relationship with Walt Jr. is really very sweet and shows a different side to him.

The women - Skylar and Marie - I'm not sure how I feel about them. But, if I were to know either of them in real life (without knowing the secrets), I have a feeling I wouldn't like them. I think they would annoy the crap out of me.

Saul is a loveable opportunist.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I watched all of BB in the time period of about two weeks. It would have been very hard for me to wait a week between episodes, I think. Most addictive TV program I've ever watched. And I keep thinking about the characters and I'm feeling so curious what is going to happen next year in the finale. It's like the characters are part of my family or close friends who I really care about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Really?
It has less to do with the show and more to do with watching multiple seasons over a period of a two weeks. I've caught up on other shows in a short time period --- Lost, Army Wives, Weeds, etc. It really does feel like they are in your life because they are sort of stuck in your head. The good guys and the bad guys. Eventually your mind becomes occupied with other things, but it's such a weird feeling that I have decided to try to control myself when catching up on a new show in the future.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Yeah it does indicate Todd still has a substantial part to play in the final episodes.. That, and the fact that they brought in Kevin Rankin to play one of the Aryans tells me that there is more to happen there. He is too familiar of a face to bring in for just one episode.
What indicates Todd has a substantial part to play? The spider? Maybe he does but I dont know that a spider indicates anything except for that Todd is a sociopath and possible psychopath.

I really think that this last 8 episodes is going to be about Walt and Hank. It is only 8 episodes, not much more can be done and they have to wrap this thing up. Bringing back so much of the past and having too many characters involved is going to make it too messy.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 AM

70 posts, read 125,930 times
Can't believe that people think the writers are just going to just let the Gus' past/Gray Matter threads die

One of the great things about this show is how everything that happened in the past factors into the plot (who would of thought that short-lived psycho Tuco's death would play such a big part in the events of season 3?)

Hank vs. Walt is simply too obvious and the writers love throwing curve balls at the viewers (plane crash?!!!)

My out of left field guess is that Gus Frings father, a WWII Nazi vet with connections to Madrigal electric comes hunting for Walt. Its probably wrong but who knows with this show.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,995,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
What indicates Todd has a substantial part to play? The spider? Maybe he does but I dont know that a spider indicates anything except for that Todd is a sociopath and possible psychopath.

I really think that this last 8 episodes is going to be about Walt and Hank. It is only 8 episodes, not much more can be done and they have to wrap this thing up. Bringing back so much of the past and having too many characters involved is going to make it too messy.
To me the spider represents Walt so the fact that Todd kept it indicates to me that there is more to play out there. Could be wrong but little details like that have a habit of resurfacing in this show.

Yeah, I agree that Walt v. Hank will be the main storyline but that would be a little too easy for Walt. The writers like to give Walt multiple antagonists so I expect that in addition to Hank we will see other threats - the cartel seems to be eliminated so my guess is the Aryans will be back.

It will be interesting to see where Jesse goes from here - he has his money, and no desire to be connected to Walt. But surely he will figure prominently in the final season and be part of Walt's demise. My guess is Jesse figures out that Walt poisoned Brock. Or perhaps Walt's involvement in Jane's death?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedisciple View Post
Can't believe that people think the writers are just going to just let the Gus' past/Gray Matter threads die

One of the great things about this show is how everything that happened in the past factors into the plot (who would of thought that short-lived psycho Tuco's death would play such a big part in the events of season 3?)

Hank vs. Walt is simply too obvious and the writers love throwing curve balls at the viewers (plane crash?!!!)

My out of left field guess is that Gus Frings father, a WWII Nazi vet with connections to Madrigal electric comes hunting for Walt. Its probably wrong but who knows with this show.

What is your obsession with Gray Matter? We now know that it is part of what drives him. Why would there be anything else and what would it be?

There is only 8 episodes left. Only 8. You cant bring in Fring's past, Grey Matter, Jesse, and Hank and wrap this thing up.

Fring's connections were dealt with the first 8. Gray Matter and Walt leaving it isnt relevant at all. Why bring in another new storyline this late when you only have 8 episodes to end this? It makes no sense.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,854,599 times
I just think the set up is brilliant-- WW vs. Skyler, WW vs. Jesse, WW vs. Hank. Its not a question of whether or not it ends badly for WW-- it will-- its a question of how it ends for everyone else. I don't think he will have any trouble taking out Hank, or even Skyler as they seem to harbor very little connection anymore, but I *do* think Jesse is his Achilles Heel. He has had so many chances to do him in, turn him in, sacrfice him, but he never has. Even when he threatened, he always lets him go. He has a connection to Jesse he doesn't seem to have to anyone else.

Though I find Gus a fascinating character, I highly doubt we will get a lot more on his past. The show seems to be weeding out characters rather than introducing a lot of new ones.

My guess is that Hank figures things out, WW goes into hiding (hence the cold open in the Dennys) but is forced to come back to deal with something-- maybe Jesse is in trouble.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,854,599 times
Ooohh-- i just had a thought-- maybe Hank lets WW go on the run to keep the peace in the family, so long as WW promises never to come back-- a sort of gentleman's agreement. I can see that-- particularly because Hank has been told by his boss to keep his nose out of investigations in his new role, and it would absolutely rip apart the family. So maybe WW comes clean and Hank lets him leave. But then something happens and Hank has to come back. And then all hell breaks loose.

We should all post our own ending scenarios and see who is closest when the show airs.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Ooohh-- i just had a thought-- maybe Hank lets WW go on the run to keep the peace in the family, so long as WW promises never to come back-- a sort of gentleman's agreement. I can see that-- particularly because Hank has been told by his boss to keep his nose out of investigations in his new role, and it would absolutely rip apart the family. So maybe WW comes clean and Hank lets him leave. But then something happens and Hank has to come back. And then all hell breaks loose.

We should all post our own ending scenarios and see who is closest when the show airs.
Catching Heisenburg is Hank's obsession, I dont think he let's Walt leave. I think he tries to build a case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV