Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Meh...I'm about 2/3 through the first season of Homeland and it's nowhere near Breaking Bad quality imo. Way too many eye-rolling moments (I've never had a single watching BB). Lots of unrealistic dialogue. It lacks the humor and quirkiness of BB as well; it's just a slightly above average tv drama.

I like Mad Men even less. Couldn't get through more than 2 episodes.

I WISH there were other shows as good as Breaking Bad but it's truly in a league of its own.
You're out of your mind. Homeland might very well be the best show on TV. It is extremely well done and I am not sure where you get eye rolling moments with Homeland, it just never happened with that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You're out of your mind. Homeland might very well be the best show on TV. It is extremely well done and I am not sure where you get eye rolling moments with Homeland, it just never happened with that show.
Not even close.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 PM

299 posts, read 255,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
When is the rest of the season to air? A few months? Next summer?
I'm sure it's subject to change, but last I heard the final "half season" will begin in July.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM

216 posts, read 449,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Meh...I'm about 2/3 through the first season of Homeland and it's nowhere near Breaking Bad quality imo. Way too many eye-rolling moments (I've never had a single watching BB). Lots of unrealistic dialogue. It lacks the humor and quirkiness of BB as well; it's just a slightly above average tv drama.

I like Mad Men even less. Couldn't get through more than 2 episodes.

I WISH there were other shows as good as Breaking Bad but it's truly in a league of its own.
I've never had a single eye roll concerning BB, but a few moments where it's a little too "TV-y"..
Mad Men is garbage.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 AM

70 posts, read 125,930 times
Breaking Bad at the Emmys......

- Homeland was very very good but Breaking Bad season 4 was historically epic. Its the old Mercedes vs. Rolls Royce debate. The Breaking Bad Rolls Royce should have won.

- Too bad Giancarlo didn't win. It's because the Emmy voters judge based on the one episode submitted and not on the body of work.

Next Season Predictions:

- Hank will NOT be the downfall of Walt. The writers of this show are too good for that obvious development which fans have been predicting for years.

- Despite constant disagreement, I still believe the unresolved issues of why Walt left Grey Matter? and who exactly is Gus Fring? will factor heavily in the final eight episodes. These two questions have been hanging over the show for years and the writers are too good to leave these questions unresolved.

- so what will happen??? Hank won't be able to bring himself to turn Walt in and will instead resign. The people that New Hampshire Walt was hiding from were sent by Gus Fring's dad, a former Nazi soldier who immigrated to Chile throught the infmaous "Rat Lines" and who is now a high ranking member of the Chilean military which sent Gus to Mexico in the first place to sell Meth (footnote - former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet was proven to have tried to find ways to make money in the drug trade (google "Black Cocaine") We shall see

Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
After a week of nonstop watching, I've finally caught up and become a huge fan. It's pretty obvious that Walt, with that light machine gun, intends to go out like Tony Montana in the final episode.

I think what's scary is that the Cartel is silent since the massacre and I predict that, once they regroup under new leadership, they're not going to give up their lucrative meth trade/source that easily.

I also think that the weaselly Lydia isn't as helpless as we think she is and she can be plotting something against Walt (perhaps with the Czech connection) to save her ass or takeover the business.

Favorite characters: Saul and Hank.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,444,941 times
Between two small children, a heavy career and a chronic disappointment with what television generally has to offer nowadays...I hardly ever watch TV. Basically not at all.
Somehow I was convinced by my sister to give this TV series a chance - although she had to practically twist my arm.

The series has absolutely shocked me as to how amazing it is in one hundred ways.
I finished all episodes (whatever was available of season 5) and now I am getting into withdrawals.
My husband keeps looking for another one for me to watch just so I can get over the withdrawals ...but I keep telling him this is like being told to go out on some lame date after the "Love of Your Life" just left you.

Insanely well done and acted...and I wish they could have taken all the Emmies out there and just showered each and every person that significantly contributed to this piece of true art - with one.

Favorite characters: Walt, Jesse, Gus, Hank.
It is terribly difficult to even pick these four out of all the males, let alone one.
Hard pressed... I would have to go with Walt. He's supreme in his complexity and trajectory.

As for the male actors...whoever I would pick, it would be an injustice to the others.
Again I'd have to go with Cranston ...though Aaron Paul is a dream too.
On top of being incredibly talented he also has the indecency of being hot.
Actually....kind of unforgivably hot.

The two main actresses have been great, it's just that their characters are not as strong and complex as the males.

All in all, I am weeping it is over. I saw all seasons in a marathon...and now, having to wait until who knows when.... no words.

Vince Gilligan - you won.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 AM

198 posts, read 422,028 times
and mike has been reincarnated.....in vegas of all places while chicken man deals with that revolution with no electric

Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Jesse is my favorite character. I liked Mike and Gus. Walt was on my list in earlier seasons, but I don't like Walt now. I never liked Hank.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
I believe they start production in Nov and the final season will start in July.

Better call Saul!

" Walter never told me how lucky he was. Clearly his taste in women is the same as his taste in lawyers : only the very best... with just a right amount of dirty!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV