Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 01:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Maybe, but if you were the Nazis, wouldn't you have to assume they knew? Wouldn't they have to assume that Walt went home every night and told Skyler everything that happened that day? Also, if they don't recover Jessie's videotape confession before the DEA, then they will definitely have to assume Marie and Skyler knew everything. There's $70 million at stake for them and a life sentence for killing federal agents.
If they felt that way, they would have killed Walt, but they gave him money instead. They're not going to kill Walt's family on purpose. They might get killed unintentionally when they break into the house to get the tape though. Jesse's confession might not include the Nazis, aside from Todd shooting that kid on the bike, because Jesse has been out of the business for a very long time. He only knew about Todd. He didn't know the Nazis were the ones who killed the prisoner witnesses. He knows Walt was responsible for that, but he doesn't know who did it for Walt. The lawyer is really the one who needs taken out. He's the one who connects Walt to people who know how to get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Whatever that means. But, too cowardly to kill himself? That makes no sense.
A ricin death would have to take courage since it's an ugly way to die. Walt would want it quick and painless. There's just no way Walt is not going to commit suicide. He grabbed the ricin and ran out of the house. If he was going to kill himself with ricin, he wouldn't be in such a hurry to run off with it. And think of the lengths required to get the ricin----coming all the way from New Hampshire----when there are so many other ways to commit suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
Everyone keeps saying that Walt will kill himself with the Ricin. Now why on earth would you want a painful death that can last up to 48-72 hours, instead of just putting a bullet in your brain in a millisecond?
My point exactly. He ran out of that house with the ricin, intending to do something with it. He's not running to wear he wants to kill himself. He's running to where he wants to kill someone else.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
70 plus years later, it's still the Nazis.
It's easier to type than white supremacists. Heck, I have to use spell check to type supremacists.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,188,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
After last night's episode, my guess is that the Nazi group would break into Walt's house and trash it while possibly looking for something - evidence that would lead back to them. This would have to happen after the DEA had stopped protecting Skylar and the kids. So the nazis break into the house months later, looking to destroy any possible evidence, killing Walt's family, and trashing the house in the process. After this incident, the house becomes a quarantined crime scene. That's why the entire yard is fenced in and the house has some sort of official document posted on the door. That's my guess. And I'll wager that's what happens next week.
This is generally what I have been thinking too. The fence around the house was put there by the City of Albuquerque as that is what the sign says. Somebody mentioned foreclosure, but I've never seen a fence around a foreclosure - I think the house is a crime scene. Something big had to happen at the house for it to be fenced like that, and I think that is why "Heisenberg" is written on the wall inside too - something major happened at the house and everybody knows it has to do with Heisenberg. Carol is obviously terrified seeing Walt, so that adds to my theory that it is a murder house.

I think Walt is coming back to kill the Nazis because of that. He is tired of running, he knows he has a very short time left to live as his cancer is killing him and he can't get treatment because he needs to stay in hiding. Even with a new identity, his face has probably been all over national news so he would be recognized if he got treatment. Judging by his tears for Hank and his family on last night's episode, I think he will finally be overcome by guilt and remorse (remember, there was a "good Walt" before). He has lost his family, which is the most important thing in his life (except for his own ego). I think he will come back to avenge the deaths of his family, then turn himself in. The ricin is for him so that he looks like a good guy for taking responsibility by turning himself in, but he knows he won't have to stay in custody long - it will look like a natural death from his cancer.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM

3,050 posts, read 5,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
A ricin death would have to take courage since it's an ugly way to die. Walt would want it quick and painless. There's just no way Walt is not going to commit suicide. He grabbed the ricin and ran out of the house. If he was going to kill himself with ricin, he wouldn't be in such a hurry to run off with it. And think of the lengths required to get the ricin----coming all the way from New Hampshire----when there are so many other ways to commit suicide.
Wait - are you saying you think he will kill himself, just not with the ricin?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Did anyone else think that his tirade about his wife was done to let the feds think she was innocent? He had to know the phone was being tapped.
Quote:
Yes, everybody thinks that.
Yes, that was clear based on everything he said, he also was making sure they knew Walt Jr. just found out from Skyler, and was not involved.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM

3,050 posts, read 5,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
Everyone keeps saying that Walt will kill himself with the Ricin. Now why on earth would you want a painful death that can last up to 48-72 hours, instead of just putting a bullet in your brain in a millisecond?
That's the beauty of it - he can take the ricin now and still has time to carry out his business. Perhaps he is concerned that he will be captured and this is his way of preventing them from forcing him to cook meth. Perhaps he will be in the DEA offices and won't have his gun handy. Who really knows.

I could ask the same question about Lydia - why poison her with ricin instead of just putting a bullet in her head?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Todd has to be the creepiest character on the show, even moreso than his Nazi uncle. That calm, pleasant demeanor, especially with Jesse, was bone-chilling.
He is seriously creepy, but he's also smarter than I thought. He had to realize he needed Jesse alive to teach him how to cook the blue meth for his obsession Lydia. The rest of them just found 70 F'ing million dollars, I doubt they really give a crap about cooking the best meth, they didn't even care when they were making it, or worry about bringing Walt back. Todd had to get them on board to keep Jesse alive, and it was smart to think of what Jesse might have said the cops, but I believe cooking for Lydia was always his main concern. It's all just amazing, to tie in Todd's crush with keeping Jesse alive for whatever happens. The whole series is just brilliant!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
Quote:
No, the barrel still has the money in. Minus a stack of bills he paid for the truck. In the final scene we see the barrel of cash crammed into the back of the minivan.
OK thanks I couldn't see Walt leaving with no money at all.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM

455 posts, read 600,273 times
Quote:
That's the beauty of it - he can take the ricin now and still has time to carry out his business. Perhaps he is concerned that he will be captured and this is his way of preventing them from forcing him to cook meth. Perhaps he will be in the DEA offices and won't have his gun handy. Who really knows.

I could ask the same question about Lydia - why poison her with ricin instead of just putting a bullet in her head?
Understand your reasoning, but holy heck, nobody on ANY single message forum/blog/bullentin board I'm on, has even come close to guessing/theorizing what has actually transpired in this season.

That's been the beauty of this show, the ability of the writers to be so completely unpredictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV