Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 08:31 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
As I predicted, Jesse is cooking for the Nazis. I wonder how he'll get himself out of that.

Walt knew the police were listening on the phone. He talked like that so Skyler would be able to raise the children.
That makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 08:31 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Is Hank dead though? He was shot in the chest and we have to at least assume he had a vest on. More than likely he is but I can hope can't I? Now that Marie knows Hank is dead(supposedly) and Walt Jr. knows, things can only get more interesting.

Matty,

Hank is dead. Buried dead or alive. Bottom line, he's dead.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah. That was totally his intention. Walt finally decided to do something good for once. It's the only non-selfish act I can remember him doing in ... ever, I think.
First Blood.
Yes, and his acting was great on that call cause he trys to make it sound like he is seriously brutal and has always had her under his threatening thumb so the tape will get it, but then he has tears in his eyes, and his brutal voice gives a little. I think Skyler "got" what he was doing, and that was why she was so quiet and a little shocked by his behavior. He is smart enough to know there would be cops listening, and she knows he knows, but is giving her a legal out.
I think he "broke good" when he had Holly in the bathroom, and she started crying saying "mamma??" .

Old 09-15-2013, 08:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yes, and his acting was great on that call cause he trys to make it sound like he is seriously brutal and has always had her under his threatening thumb so the tape will get it, but then he has tears in his eyes, and his brutal voice gives a little. I think Skyler "got" what he was doing, and that was why she was so quiet and a little shocked by his behavior. He is smart enough to know there would be cops listening, and she knows he knows, but is giving her a legal out.
I think he "broke good" when he had Holly in the bathroom, and she started crying saying "mamma??" .
Skyler definitely figured out what he was doing because he was saying he threatened her in the past when he hadn't. The light bulb went off in her eyes, and she shut her mouth. He did it for his kids. That's not new to his character though. Everything he has done, he has done for his kids.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,802 times
I also think that Walt's bad act on the phone was a subtle dig by the writers at the "I Hate Skyler" people (ie. accusing her of being a ball-busting bit*h that's always on his case about his meth making and murders).

Old 09-15-2013, 09:21 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
I love the symbolism on the show. That last shoot after Walt gets in the car on his way to his new life, they show a dog crossing the street. A stray dog, with nothing, no family, nowhere to go. Just like Walt. Beautiful.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I love the symbolism on the show. That last shoot after Walt gets in the car on his way to his new life, they show a dog crossing the street. A stray dog, with nothing, no family, nowhere to go. Just like Walt. Beautiful.
I wondered what that dog was about--thanks

Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times
Quote:
As I predicted, Jesse is cooking for the Nazis. I wonder how he'll get himself out of that.

He's enslaved for almost a year and then Walt comes home and gets him.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Best line of the show: "You're the smartest guy I ever met, and you're too stupid to see the man made up his mind 10 minutes ago."

Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Best line of the show: "You're the smartest guy I ever met, and you're too stupid to see the man made up his mind 10 minutes ago."
Who's Asack Schraeder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV