Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Has anyone else been disappointed with this season? I kind of feel with these annoying White Supremeists and that one cook Declean are like a huge step back from Season 4 and these guys should have been in Season 1 or 2 leading up to Tuco, Gus and the Cartel. Its like they went from a Pinto (Cooking in Desert) to a BMW (Gus) to a Kia (own operation with todd)

Seriously, how can go from taking down the powerful Mexican Cartel and gus's flawless operation to going on your own with some rinky dink white supremists then cook in peoples houses and other unprofessional ways.

In reality any ruthless cartel/drug dealer would have killed Walt in season 1 when he was at Tuco's office while walt had those homemade bombs. Do you really think standards and purity really matter to drug dealers? I highly doubt it, they are just about making money.

I think the show is like a drug itself in which gus and the cartel were kind of the high while this season we are kind coming down from the high.
His ego and his greed got the better of him, and made him careless and sloppy. He was never going to just step into Gus's shoes; there were bound to be consequences for what he did. As Mike said, "Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James." This season is about the downfall of Walt and the scumbags he has to associate himself with now since nobody else will.

If Walt was killed in season 1, we wouldn't have a show. It's that simple. Vince is telling a particular story in a hyper-realistic, exaggerated way. And no, I'm not disappointed with this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sorry - but I have to do this.

HANK. Not HENK.

SKYLER - not Sklyer.
Sorry, i gotten to used to the German-dutch spelling for hank. I work for a European company. No excuse for Skyler (incidently I was in the Czech Republic last month, didn't get a chance to check on Lydia's meth empire however).

Someone mentioned what I think is a likely scenario - Jesse being drafted into cooking, Todd probably being killed (except that the scriptwriters seem to be going somewhere with the Lydia/Todd flirtation scene). The last episode will somehow (how I don't know, given the current relationship between Mr. White and Jesse) involve Mr. White intervending on Jessee's behalf...or to get his money. With that scenario I also think Hank, retracting my previous claim that he will survive, that he will be killed or gravely injured so as to be taken out from being a factor in the rest of the show.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Has anyone else been disappointed with this season? I kind of feel with these annoying White Supremeists and that one cook Declean are like a huge step back from Season 4 and these guys should have been in Season 1 or 2 leading up to Tuco, Gus and the Cartel. Its like they went from a Pinto (Cooking in Desert) to a BMW (Gus) to a Kia (own operation with todd)

Seriously, how can go from taking down the powerful Mexican Cartel and gus's flawless operation to going on your own with some rinky dink white supremists then cook in peoples houses and other unprofessional ways.

In reality any ruthless cartel/drug dealer would have killed Walt in season 1 when he was at Tuco's office while walt had those homemade bombs. Do you really think standards and purity really matter to drug dealers? I highly doubt it, they are just about making money.

I think the show is like a drug itself in which gus and the cartel were kind of the high while this season we are kind coming down from the high.

I am ... a little bit.
They've spent alot of time making this intricate knot of a plot and character development that seems to be unraveling too quickly and simplistically.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,465,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post

The Todd/Lydia/Uncle Jack plotline is lame. I think they're trying to make Jack into a pivotal villain, but there hasn't been a credible villain in this show since Gus died. I'm just not at all invested in those characters and don't care at all what happens to them. Actually, the one guy from that side who I thought had dramatic potential, Declan, is gone. The main action, to me, is Walt/Hank/Jesse.
The Todd/Lydia/Uncle Jack plotline is what is making it dissapointing to me, i feel like they don't really need it, everything else has been good but that little plotline has kind of ruined it for me.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
The Todd/Lydia/Uncle Jack plotline is what is making it dissapointing to me, i feel like they don't really need it, everything else has been good but that little plotline has kind of ruined it for me.
It's quite possible the writers just didn't have enough of the main story to fill eight additional episodes, so they have to pad it with Todd, et al. Those three are not just a weak plotline, they're also fairly weak actors IMHO. It's also possible that they exist solely for the purpose of WW needing someone to call on to deal with Jesse, since he doesn't want to do it himself.

I have to admit that I'm still rooting for WW. I might be the only one left.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
It's quite possible the writers just didn't have enough of the main story to fill eight additional episodes, so they have to pad it with Todd, et al. Those three are not just a weak plotline, they're also fairly weak actors IMHO. It's also possible that they exist solely for the purpose of WW needing someone to call on to deal with Jesse, since he doesn't want to do it himself.

I have to admit that I'm still rooting for WW. I might be the only one left.

I'm rooting for Walt to get away with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:31 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I'm rooting for Walt to get away with it.
Me three.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,995,125 times
Yep, still with Walt, especially now that Jesse has turned rat (apparently?). Many give Jesse a pass for all his evil deeds and yet forget how many times Walt has saved his butt.

I had always suspected Todd's family to be a big part of this season, given the familiarity of the actors, but yeah, not really buying the whole storyline.

This episode was a disappointment to me - the buildup was fine but just too many issues with the climax.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Yep, still with Walt, especially now that Jesse has turned rat (apparently?). Many give Jesse a pass for all his evil deeds and yet forget how many times Walt has saved his butt.

I had always suspected Todd's family to be a big part of this season, given the familiarity of the actors, but yeah, not really buying the whole storyline.

This episode was a disappointment to me - the buildup was fine but just too many issues with the climax.
I've been sick of Jesse all season. This "woah is me, I feel so sorry for myself" thing, sitting in a state of constant depression with skinny pete and badger, has gotten old. It got old last season. Maybe a couple seasons ago it was good and one felt sorry for him, not anymore. The writers have dried all the sympathy they can expect out of that role. It's almost like the writers don't know what to do with his character now, he's turned one dimensional. Another show, another one with Jesse sitting on his couch speachless staring off into space and mumbling incoherently. Now I just want to slap the sh*t out of him. If I was the actor I would complain.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times
I'm still rooting for Walt too.

Also, I agree that too many give Jesse a pass on a lot. Walt has stuck up for him and saved him MANY times. I think Jesse is just a much more likable character so it's easy to sympathize with him.

I just really respect Walt's ruthlessness. If he were as ruthless with Hank and Jesse as he has been with everybody else, he would be relaxing on a beach on his private island by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV