Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,473,535 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen this story, kind of cool they let a dying fan contribute to the show, by this article it doesn't look like Grey Matter will factor much except to just get Walt angry
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-ba...153505871.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:16 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,473,535 times
Does anyone see similarities to this show and No Country for Old Men.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,696,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Does anyone see similarities to this show and No Country for Old Men.
Not really, other than other than being in the desert and involving drug money. I haven't read the book though, only seen the movie.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
Walt ordered them to kill Jesse and Walt even said his last words to him (about Jane) expect the Nazi's to kill Jesse. So since it is blue meth reappearing, I guess Walt assumes Jesse is still alive. (Walt showed Todd the cook so we don't know why Todd doesn't/can't produce the blue meth)

This is what I would like to see: I think Walt will show up at the Nazi HDQ with the M60 to take them out. It will end with Walt, Jesse, and Todd in their lab. Maybe Walt will help Jesse sabotage the cook and chain Todd to the dog run. Jesse will look at Todd and say, "Nothing personal, *****" (we need one more "*****" from Jesse in the last episode!) and then escape with Walt and the lab explodes. Or maybe work in Lydia in there and have Jesse take her out as revenge for what Todd did to Andrea (also a way to symbolize that no more meth cooking and distribution at the hands of Jesse and that meth has caused him so much troubles). But I think the ricin is for her.
My problem is I can't see Jesse just letting it go that Walt told him about Jane. I know that was awhile ago now, but you saw how limp he got when Walt told him, and how he just gave up it still means something to him. And Walt wanted him dead to begin with, everything is really Jesse's fault right now. I think Walt is going to try to go take Jesse out. Takes the Nazis out, gets money to Skylar, calls police and gives up, walt takes ricin while police get there.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,173,185 times
CBS dredged up a script he wrote 10+ years ago & are creating a series with his name attached, but the article states he's not going to be the showrunner. I've watched a ton of interviews that he's done and he's stated numerous times that he can't work on a network tv schedule. Cable tv gives the showrunner more time and creative control.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:54 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,984 times
There is a thought to a spin off in 'Better Call Saul', which could be great.

I did not start Breaking Bad originally, and am watching it all on Netflix, sometimes 3 episodes a day. I don't ever remember watching anything that suspended my disbelief so well. That's how I tell a production is good - when I am not aware of sitting there and I, while watching, cannot see glaring holes, inconstancies, and improbabilities.

What a trip BB is. Capitalism with no morality.

Breaking Bad Creator Vince Gilligan Making New Cop Drama Battle Creek | TIME.com

Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,188,152 times
I'm re-watching old episodes, and just wanted to mention in Season 5, Episode 8, when Walt meets with Lydia at a restaurant to get the names of Fring's men in jail that he is going to kill, after she leaves, he picks up his hat from the table and the ricin is under it - he had planned to use it on her then.

I forgot about that, just thought I would share.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Homeland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
We will be hopelessly depressed souls, never satisfied with the mediocrity of other television series. I might as well put my TV sets on craigslist or eBay. Sigh.

OK, to give you an actual answer: I recently signed up for Netflix and have been working my way through Mad Men. I've also heard good things about Orange is the New Black. Justified also comes highly recommended, but it's not on Netflix streaming (only Netflix DVD).

You ask a great question, and I hope to read some good suggestions here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Yeah, Homeland and Justified, while good, are a big dropoff after Breaking Bad. Some older shows come a little closer, obviously The Wire but I'm sure everyone has seen that, and even that is completely different kind of show.

For me, the closest thing is The Shield - frenetic action combined with great writing and acting. Main character tries to walk the line between good and evil. And with seven seasons to chew on, keeps you busy for awhile...

Some excellent Brit shows out there too - Cracker, Wallander and Luther top my list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Better Call Saul, as someone mentioned. I am slowly getting into Justified and may try the Sopranos again someday (didn't like what I saw of it, ditto for The Wire). The Bridge (though it's ending for awhile now too), House of Cards, American Horror Story, The Fall, Orange is the New Black. None of these will replace BB though...I don't know if there will ever be a show as high quality on all levels (writing, acting, story, humor, etc.) Homeland, Luther, Mad Men, SoA, etc. are nowhere near as good imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
I like Boardwalk Empire, House of Cards, and Orange is new Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I just caught the first episode of "Last Tango in Halifax". Well done.........
Thank you all for the suggestions. Sorry if I missed anyone's replies.

I've seen The Wire, and it was excellent. It's a shame it didn't receive recognition when it was airing.

I found Homeland for $19.99 per season on Amazon. If I can't find something else, I'll take the plunge.

I just watched the first season of a British show called Ophan Black. I really liked it. It's not Breaking Bad but it's interesting, and the actress is amazing at playing all of the different characters. It's on Comcast OnDemand.

I've bored with SoA. It has become repetitive. I've never gotten into Mad Men.

American Horror Story isn't my cup of tea since I don't like horror or anything that looks horror-ish.

I'll try to find The Shield or Justified and the others mentioned here.

I appreciate everyone's recommendations. Since we're Breaking Bad fans, we'll likely have similar interests.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,633,927 times
The Shield gets to be as addicting as Breaking Bad.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 AM

23 posts, read 26,828 times
So the last episode, Do you remember a few back it did one of those forward in time scene? Walt was told by the vacuum guy that his house was a hang out for kids and fenced off. Remember that he pulled in to that scene and popped the trunk for us to see an m60. That is a serious piece of hardware. Its considered obsolete today but it still packs a wallop. 308 belt fed. You could take down a few Nazi's with it. The Ricin is for the black haired woman that Mick should have put a bullet in her head a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV