Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,870,663 times

Advertisements

I agree with the OP. The show was over hyped. Yes it was entertaining but not epoch changing stuff. The characters were unlikable or plain dumb - the acting was a bit stiff at times. The story was far fetched and far too much sitting around staring at empty space. heh (check out honest trailers for more on that ) The writing could have been tighter that's for sure. It was a good show but not Hill Street Blues or something truly great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 05:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,564,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ok.. These are my opinions on it..
Also, remember, it was feeding his ego to cook.. And he was really, really good at it. And, don't forget Gray Matter.. He should have been a very rich man. That was a huge factor in the change from WW to Heisenberg.
That pretty much sums up the character; Walt said as much in the series finale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anna Gunn.. Meh. Skylar got on my nerves.. ALMOST as much as Walter Junior. I respect RJ Mitte, but.. He was nails on a blackboard to me. I actually liked Anna Gunn better in "Gracepoint".
ITA, didn't at all care for her in BB but she's really good in Gracepoint. Night and day.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:45 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,593,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
Gale! That's his name lol! They shot him because he was going to be Walt's replacement. If Gus had Gayle, they didn't need Walt. It was either him or Walt. Once Gayle was gone, Gus kept Walt on instead of killing him (remember Mike was about to kill Walt at the laundry?)

Walt poisoned the kid because Jesse was supposed to kill Gus with that poisoned cigarette. But when Jesse didn't kill Gus, started doubting Walt, Walt had Jesse thinking that Gus had poisoned the child. This was the only way Walt could get Jesse back on board with thinking that Gus was the evil guy.
Thanks for filling me in -- I'm going to have to go back and watch the eps around that time -- so many intricacies!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,513,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Thanks for filling me in -- I'm going to have to go back and watch the eps around that time -- so many intricacies!
No problem. We binge watched it, so I can see how watching it back to back can sort of take away from the momentum of the series. Looking back, I wished we had watched it weekly. But then again, if we had, I think I would've been pretty disappointed for an entire week after watching the episode centered around the fly. It's rated one of the best episodes. I thought it one of the worst.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 AM

802 posts, read 1,324,267 times
I watched the entire series a few months ago. Now I am starting all over again.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 AM

5,911 posts, read 7,015,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
I watched the entire series a few months ago. Now I am starting all over again.
I did the same thing. It was amazing what you pick up watching the second time through. Also, go here and read the trivia for each episode - Breaking Bad Wiki - The Breaking Bad Encyclopedia

Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,637,048 times
I took it for granted the first time, but watching the finale again, IDK how he got that Ricen into her Stevia. She normally sat at a booth. Not that one table. ????????

Old 04-05-2015, 12:26 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,288,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I did the same thing. It was amazing what you pick up watching the second time through. Also, go here and read the trivia for each episode - Breaking Bad Wiki - The Breaking Bad Encyclopedia
I decided to go back and watch as well, especially with Saul coming to an end. I'm sure I'll pick up some interesting things I never noticed before

Old 07-21-2015, 07:57 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,857,867 times
I just ran across this entertaining trip down memory lane of the greatest television series of all time:

10 Breaking Bad Easter Eggs That You Missed The First Time - Dorkly Post

Old 07-21-2015, 11:28 AM

828 posts, read 911,745 times
Awesome article, unsettomati!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV