Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,992,641 times

Advertisements

Certainly a new low for Walt and Jessie last night, no turning back now.

I thought the heist started to push the limits of credibility - unless I missed it, they really could not have known that the tank carrying the methylamine would stop right over that bridge, way too many variables - but I guess suspension of disbelief is part of enjoying these kinds of shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Certainly a new low for Walt and Jessie last night, no turning back now.

I thought the heist started to push the limits of credibility - unless I missed it, they really could not have known that the tank carrying the methylamine would stop right over that bridge, way too many variables - but I guess suspension of disbelief is part of enjoying these kinds of shows.
They measured it out so they knew where it would stop.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,992,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
They measured it out so they knew where it would stop.
No, I mean how did they know the methylamine would be right at that position in the train? Couldn't it just as easily have been 5 cars back or ahead? Remember the train was rebuilt in Flagstaff so they didn't even know which tank until Lydia called them a few hours before hand.

It's possible that they knew the tanks would always be a specified distance from the engine but I'm surprised they didn't explain it, when they went to the trouble of having every other detail perfect.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Didn't see that coming
I still say mike should have killed Lydia.
Oh well!
I'm just going to sit back and watch the crash and burn of Walter White.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:42 PM

3,327 posts, read 1,960,636 times
Default events are oscillating out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
No, I mean how did they know the methylamine would be right at that position in the train? Couldn't it just as easily have been 5 cars back or ahead? Remember the train was rebuilt in Flagstaff so they didn't even know which tank until Lydia called them a few hours before hand.

It's possible that they knew the tanks would always be a specified distance from the engine but I'm surprised they didn't explain it, when they went to the trouble of having every other detail perfect.
Lydia was speaking fast to save her skin, but I heard her say she would be given the tank car position in the freight car line at 2AM after the re-shuffle in Flag. I think it was a one-off time that the tank car would be near the bridge and the crew just took advantage of it.

Killing the boy on bike is part of the growing madness of having too many "cooks" so to speak. Everyone involved is trying to control events to suit themselves, with the results being chaos which will push them all into the abyss. This is now going to be a rocket ride to the end.

Dam, I like this show.

One thing I did miss, how did Skylar's ex-boss/lover get hurt with that halo thing on his head?

Old 08-13-2012, 06:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Lydia was speaking fast to save her skin, but I heard her say she would be given the tank car position in the freight car line at 2AM after the re-shuffle in Flag. I think it was a one-off time that the tank car would be near the bridge and the crew just took advantage of it.

Killing the boy on bike is part of the growing madness of having too many "cooks" so to speak. Everyone involved is trying to control events to suit themselves, with the results being chaos which will push them all into the abyss. This is now going to be a rocket ride to the end.

Dam, I like this show.

One thing I did miss, how did Skylar's ex-boss/lover get hurt with that halo thing on his head?
I'm glad you asked, the details of that are fuzzy for me. I think he panicked and tripped, sending himself sliding across the floor into the wall with his head. That's what I recall.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post

Dam, I like this show.

Ted refused to pay back the IRS and Skylar got the impression he was hinting to her he wanted more money. She "called Saul" who sent over a couple of henchmen to encourage him otherwise.
He ran and tripped over a rug (he had just previously adjusted) and slammed his head into furniture.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Ted refused to pay back the IRS and Skylar got the impression he was hinting to her he wanted more money. She "called Saul" who sent over a couple of henchmen to encourage him otherwise.
He ran and tripped over a rug (he had just previously adjusted) and slammed his head into furniture.
yeah, that was it. Thanks

Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 AM

577 posts, read 900,087 times
Does anyone else think the boy isn't dead and we'll end up with a "Usual Suspects" scenario where the boy will be able to identify "kaiser soze" when he comes out of a coma... at least I HOPE the poor kid isn't really dead! Trapping the tarantula could have been foreshadowing...

Old 08-14-2012, 03:11 PM

70 posts, read 125,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Does anyone else think the boy isn't dead and we'll end up with a "Usual Suspects" scenario where the boy will be able to identify "kaiser soze" when he comes out of a coma... at least I HOPE the poor kid isn't really dead! Trapping the tarantula could have been foreshadowing...
One of my first reactions was that the boy isn't dead, as we didn't see where exactly the bullet hit him. If he survives it definately throws another wrench in to the Heisenberg plan.

This was a great episode, best of the season IMO. Very well done and believable for the most part because yes, Lydia knew exactly where the Methlymine car was, and they measured out where the train had to stop.

Two small things hurt the believability aspect though, wasn't it a little too convenient that there just happened to be a road exactly where the truck had to be to get the train to stop? And second, this train wasn't very long (not one of those 100 car trains) couldn't the engineers have heard all the ruckus they were creating with the drills?

Here's hoping they save the "Usual Suspects" for a scene where Hank realizes Walt is Heisenberg, and let's hope the scene is half as good as the one where Chazz Palmienteri realizes who "Kaisersoze" is.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up "The Usual Suspects", most underrated movie ever, best ending to a movie of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV