Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,471,910 times

Advertisements

I, too, find the part of Skyler written poorly. She was pretty smart helping with laundering money, she knew Walt was cooking drugs, she knew he was running around facing dangers, coming home with beaten up face. Then suddenly she gets all depressed and "scared" and cannot function. The very same lady who put up a "dumb blonde" show for an IRS agent? Who was ordering the lawyer around? Who concocted the contaminated soil fraud to make the owner to sell? Who was vacuuming hundreds of thousands of dollars in clothing packages? Who was ringing non-stop fake customer receipts on the car wash? You can't be half criminal, you either are or ain't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 06:36 PM

52,393 posts, read 52,909,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I, too, find the part of Skyler written poorly. She was pretty smart helping with laundering money, she knew Walt was cooking drugs, she knew he was running around facing dangers, coming home with beaten up face. Then suddenly she gets all depressed and "scared" and cannot function. The very same lady who put up a "dumb blonde" show for an IRS agent? Who was ordering the lawyer around? Who concocted the contaminated soil fraud to make the owner to sell? Who was vacuuming hundreds of thousands of dollars in clothing packages? Who was ringing non-stop fake customer receipts on the car wash? You can't be half criminal, you either are or ain't.
Good point. I forget she was all down with it until he wacked Gus, then she turns into a school girl.

I mean, what did she think she was getting into... just him sitting in some lab somewhere being totally isolated from the reality of the situation.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,960,111 times
It seems Skyler is trying to kill Walt. Whenever he's around she smokes like a chimmey. Probably trying to wake that cancer up.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,173,185 times
Quote:
Yeah, how dare she be afraid of something happening to her kids; she's a money launderer. She's not squeaky clean, so what? Walt (who, btw, is responsible for the deaths of multiple people) has become infinitely more creepy & dangerous since she came on board and the threats have gotten closer to home. People are entitled to go through different emotions & change their minds about things over time. Even criminals.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM

577 posts, read 902,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Yeah, how dare she be afraid of something happening to her kids; she's a money launderer. She's not squeaky clean, so what? Walt (who, btw, is responsible for the deaths of multiple people) has become infinitely more creepy & dangerous since she came on board and the threats have gotten closer to home. People are entitled to go through different emotions & change their minds about things over time. Even criminals.
Of course she can change as a character but the show isn't doing a good job of it with writing or the acting. I don't find her character compelling or even understandable this season at all. Maybe they'll breathe some life into her later on... there are 11 episodes left. As of now I was hoping she'd stay at the bottom of the swimming pool.

Nuala that would be quite a twist if junior starts taking meth!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Nuala that would be quite a twist if junior starts taking meth!
As the owner of Charger he may as well go along the line: more popular guy - money not a problem - parties (the parents are too busy to pay attention to him anyways, esp. if they ship him off to a boarding school) - recreational drugs. Yes, I think that would be the dagger into Walt's heart.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
As the owner of Charger he may as well go along the line: more popular guy - money not a problem - parties (the parents are too busy to pay attention to him anyways, esp. if they ship him off to a boarding school) - recreational drugs. Yes, I think that would be the dagger into Walt's heart.
Recovering him from some police detention with a package of BLUE meth on him.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 AM

Since I seems to occupy this thread this morning - one more thought:

Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting what's gonna happen re: Jesse and the kid. Will he quit the trade? Will he go to DEA? At times, I found it too pointed on the part of the creators to stress Jesse's weakness for kids (crying because of the drug seller kid on the bicycle, taking care of the toddler in the "skunk" house with ATM, breaking up with Andrea to protect her son Brock, crying thinking that Brock might have smoked the ricin) ---- while at the same time he's got his own kid brother who he seems doesn't pay attention to at all ? This kid brother had started smoking pot (the parents thought it was Jesse and threw him out) - doesn't chime together with Jesse trying protect kids from drugs.

(Besides, why Walt can be threatened with harming his family, but Jesse's weakness is never exploited? He can be threatened with harm to his own brother, for example)>

Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,494,794 times
Walter White Wanted for Methamphetamine Production...true story...though it's in Alabama and not New Mexico.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,645,711 times
Quote:
I noticed the absence of sexiness in him ever since that scene with Elaine on the steps. In my opinion, Cranston is lacking the "lover" sex appeal - but he does come across believably as a loyal family man, one of those who will stick by their woman (and especially kids) come hell or high water. Sort of a man you want to have for a long term.
WHAT?? You dont find Bryon sexy?
You must have forgotten him in Malcom

myLot - Malcolm In The Middle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV