Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 12:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,219,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
How can anyone with any sense of morality at all be on Walt's side at this point?
It's weird, I do dislike Walt, but I don't hate him. I won't cry if he dies, but I hope he would go out having achieved some of his goals. I've disliked him from the beginning for giving his son such a difficult name for someone of his generation, and then on top of that actually calling him Walt Jr. that's just mean. To me that foreshadowed his ego going out of control. At the same time, I do want him to get the money for his family, and to some degree get away with it, I don't want it to all be for nothing. I did not want to see him humiliated in handcuffs. It's such a complicated story, I have mixed feelings toward all the characters.

At this point I'm letting Vince Gilligan decide where it goes, I'm content to just be along for the ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,339,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2ShiningC View Post
I too think that Skyler is wayyyyy overdressed at the car wash
Thank you! I didn't think anyone saw my post! LOL

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,339,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
* My predictions are always wrong.
I have the same problem with presidential elections.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:59 PM

664 posts, read 1,031,102 times
[I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Walt. He started out so desperate to help his family hhe was so willing to try anything. He was dealt some bad cards in life. It sounds crazy I know.

quote=detshen;31368334]It's weird, I do dislike Walt, but I don't hate him. I won't cry if he dies, but I hope he would go out having achieved some of his goals. I've disliked him from the beginning for giving his son such a difficult name for someone of his generation, and then on top of that actually calling him Walt Jr. that's just mean. To me that foreshadowed his ego going out of control. At the same time, I do want him to get the money for his family, and to some degree get away with it, I don't want it to all be for nothing. I did not want to see him humiliated in handcuffs. It's such a complicated story, I have mixed feelings toward all the characters.

At this point I'm letting Vince Gilligan decide where it goes, I'm content to just be along for the ride.[/quote]

Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM

24,455 posts, read 12,996,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Isn't the hole in the floor the trapdoor where Walter used to stash his cash?
The trapdoor that Walt made is in the hot water closet.
I took a look at it again and the hole isn't in the living room like I'd first mentioned, though the carpet in the living room is rolled up and set in front of the fireplace. The hole I was talking about is in the kitchen, in front of the dishwasher. It's not really patched either, it looks like someone cut a rectangular hole (large enough for a person to go through) in the floor then placed the cut piece back over the hole where one end of it had dropped a little bit below the floor level.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,242,166 times
OK could one of you tell me what is this business of tenting a house about where they were cooking? We don't have that in the Midwest like it seems out west does. Thank you this has been bugging me as to why neighbors wouldn't be complaining about the smell.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK could one of you tell me what is this business of tenting a house about where they were cooking? We don't have that in the Midwest like it seems out west does. Thank you this has been bugging me as to why neighbors wouldn't be complaining about the smell.
Tenting houses to bomb for bugs is quite common out west. I saw tented houses, and apt.buildings all the time in CA, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever saw it in MI. The idea was that no one would question a smell coming from a tented house, and would attribute it to the bug spray. They seemed to have a pretty good set up for containing the cook space.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM

9,832 posts, read 11,624,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Termites are a huge problem out west.The only effective way to get rid of them is to fumigate and tent the house.
The average person doesn't know that the process is odorless.
Hence why they were able to get away with it.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,986,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Termites are a huge problem out west.The only effective way to get rid of them is to fumigate and tent the house.
The average person doesn't know that the process is odorless.
Hence why they were able to get away with it.
Guys...
The meth is cooked INSIDE A SEALED TENT, that in turn is inside the tented house. Odors are not a factor. After the cook, the house is then fumugated. The tented house is simply in order to have a vacant place to cook where they will not be interuppted.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Guys...
The meth is cooked INSIDE A SEALED TENT, that in turn is inside the tented house. Odors are not a factor. After the cook, the house is then fumugated. The tented house is simply in order to have a vacant place to cook where they will not be interuppted.
Walt did make a point of noting that if anyone noticed a strange smell they would not investigate inside a tented house, so he must have considered that the smell might come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV