Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Ozymandias statue?

Correction. I believe the statue is called Ramses II, and it inspired Ozymandias. My fault...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
My initial impressions were that it was just Walt's hubris and anger talking. But the more I read this morning, I do think that maybe it was his way of getting Skyler off the hook to a degree. Certainly his comment about Hank is off the mark because while Walt warned Hank to tread lightly, he was willing to give it all up to save him. So, yes, I agree that this was a way to help absolve Skyler while also giving her a verbal smackdown for telling Junior and ruining his plan to run off as a family.

As much as I'd like to think that Walt will come back in the flashforward to save Jesse (and believe me, I really want that to happen) I just don't see how there's any redemption for Walt in these last 2 episodes. I think he's coming back for the money in order to pass that along to his family in his final act.
It was 100% to get Skyler off the hook, as can be seen from his emotional breaks that we the viewer sees while he is talking.

I don't see him purposely "saving" Jesse, but maybe them coming to some mutal terms of live and let live at the end (or Walt dying).
Still other unanswered questions besides the ones that have been discussed-
-What happens to Walt's cancer?
-Why was his house abandoned (I would assume Skyler would move and sell it)?
-What would the gang do with $60m+ dollars and why would they and the money still be around a year later (I know one possible answer to that - who could launder that much money, and $60m in cash is useless without laundering).
-Why would they still be cooking when they already have $60m? (Plausable answer - Todd doing it to win Lydia's affections).

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Skyler probably couldn't sell the house. It was probably seized by the government under RICO statutes.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It was 100% to get Skyler off the hook, as can be seen from his emotional breaks that we the viewer sees while he is talking.
That is what I got from the scene as well. It took me a couple minutes to catch on to it, but the clues were there.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:06 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
I think Walt comes back to kill Jesse. I think Walt realizes the Nazis didn't kill Jesse. I think Jesse becomes the new Heisenberg and kills Walt's family.
I doubt that Jesse becomes the new Heisenberg. Remember, Jesse does not know chemistry like Walt does. he know bits and pieces. Remember when he went to mexico. he need the Mexican chemist to synthesis the meth.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
I just hope that it actually ends and doesn't have some Sopranos cut to black ending....I'd be so disappointed.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I just hope that it actually ends and doesn't have some Sopranos cut to black ending....I'd be so disappointed.
Gilligan has stated that while he liked the soprano's ending, this will not happen with BrBa. Things will be concretely settled.

We shall see...

Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Anyone think Skyler knew what Walt was doing with the phone call? I do.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:47 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Was anybody sick and depressed after this ended last night? That lost dog really topped the whole thing off, what a sad, sad situation.

The acting was so great, it felt like this was all really happening and made you feel you were living in the story with every character. If Breaking Bad doesn't take all emmy's this year, it is fixed.
Although Vince hinted to us what was going to happen to Walt this season,nothing can still prepare you for what happened last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Agree, it's episodes like this one that make one realize how much better Breaking Bad is than anything else on TV. We all have our other faves - Game of Thrones, Homeland, SOA, Justified, etc - but Breaking Bad is just in it's own class.

For all those saying Lydia gets the ricin - what is the reasoning? can't he just shoot her along with everyone else? Perhaps she is too well protected to get close to here with a gun, or maybe Walt needs to coerce her somehow? We do know Lydia likes tea so I can definitely see the ricin getting slipped in at some point...
Lydia is too close to Todd and his uncle at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
For those who think Walt is going back to rescue Jesse, I don't think so. He burned his final bridge with Jesse when he told him about Jane.

He is going back for the money. It's all about the money now. I can just hear him, "IT'S MINE! I EARNED IT!"
Agree^^^
Walt is coming back for his money,but most importantly his pride.
Walt has always done business on the up and up.Todd and his uncle jack ripped off Walt last night.
The last person that ripped off walt was Tuco and you remember what happened to Tuco!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

I don't see him purposely "saving" Jesse, but maybe them coming to some mutal terms of live and let live at the end (or Walt dying).
Still other unanswered questions besides the ones that have been discussed-
-What happens to Walt's cancer?
-Why was his house abandoned (I would assume Skyler would move and sell it)?
-What would the gang do with $60m+ dollars and why would they and the money still be around a year later (I know one possible answer to that - who could launder that much money, and $60m in cash is useless without laundering).
-Why would they still be cooking when they already have $60m? (Plausable answer - Todd doing it to win Lydia's affections).
Totally agree with that.Somebody mentioned about Todd being a sociopath.I'm starting to believe he is.Todd starts crying for walt when his uncle jack shot Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Skyler probably couldn't sell the house. It was probably seized by the government under RICO statutes.
Yep!

Last Night episode is now my favorite BB episode of all time.So much happened in one episode last night i don't know were to begin.
I teared up a couple of times last night.
The first time i teared up is when Hank died.Hank telling Walt,"you're the smartest guy i ever met but you're too stupid to see he made his mind up 10 mins ago".
To me it was just Someone else showing Walt,that he's in over his head dealing with these guys.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:47 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Anyone think Skyler knew what Walt was doing with the phone call? I do.
me too. when she said that she was sorry it was a give away for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV