Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM

23,896 posts, read 12,715,685 times

Advertisements

I jumped into this thread after I had finished catching up on all of the episodes, which was after the thread had grown quite large and since it was so large I didn't bother to read the earlier posts. I started going back through the earlier posts and saw that someone had already mentioned, what I mentioned at a later date, about Walt taking on the characteristics of the people he'd killed.

In this quote there are things that I noticed and recognized as taking on the characteristics, on thing that I totally missed and another that I noticed but didn't snap to it until I saw this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
Someone online had a very interesting take.

Over the course of the series, Walt has been shown to have an interesting habit: Every time he kills someone, he takes on a characteristic of the person he's just killed. It might be intentional, or it could just be subconscious guilt rearing its head.
I noticed this.

Eagle-eyed viewers will note that after killing "Krazy 8" Molina in Season 1, Walt took on the habit of cutting the crusts off his sandwiches. Krazy 8 had this habit and talked with Walt about it shortly before Walt killed him.
I noticed and recognized.

Gus Fring drove a Volvo. Though he had the money for a flashier car, Gus preferred to drive something that gave him a degree of anonymity. After Walt kills Gus, Walt is seen driving a Volvo in the Season 5 premiere, at the Denny's.
I didn't notice this.

Walter generally drinks his liquor neat, while Mike drinks his "on the rocks." After Walt kills Mike, however, he starts drinking his alcohol on the rocks.
I noticed and recognized.
Quote:
Therefore, some fans are arguing, Walt likely killed Skyler prior to his lonely birthday breakfast at the Denny's in Season 5. Back in the first season of the show, it was established that Skyler would always place bacon in the shape of Walt's age on top of his breakfast plate. In the Season 5 opener, Walt is making his own bacon numbers.

There's some additional evidence to support this theory. Walt's fake ID is a New Hampshire license under the name "Lambert." That's very significant: Skyler's maiden name is also Lambert.
This is one that I noticed during that flash foward but I didn't snap to it, until I saw this post, instead I was focusing on the gun exchange in the bathroom. So is it bye-bye Skyler, by Walts hands?

Another thing that I'd noticed was that when Walts cancer came back, when he was in the bathroom throwing up he used a towel to kneel on just like Gus had done. I figured it was just another hint on his taking on the characteristics of the people that he'd killed. What I didn't think of until now ... Walt never saw Gus do that. Since he never saw Gus do it, could it be that Walt studies people so deeply that he knew that as fussy Gus is about being neat, that it would probably be something that Gus would do(?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Brilliant episode. Loved every minute of it. Best closing scene of any episode since Season 1. The Star Trek script scene was one of the funniest they've ever done.

I want Jesse to survive, since he's the only one in the whole operation with a conscience at this point. But things aren't looking good for him.

I really have 0 sympathy for Walt at this point. He's a monster. He lies and cheats people who have shown him nothing but loyalty. Gotta say that I'm totally on team Hank here. I hope Hank nails him.

I think the M-60 in the trunk is for the drug cartel. They obviously aren't happy that Walt walked out on their honey deal. I bet things went south with them, and Walt is going to try to clean house. I'm thinking that the ricin is for Walt. He knows he's dying anyway, and if he survives the cartel, he has nothing left to live for.
Maybe you're somewhat right in that last sentence. I stink at importing pictures so I'm not even going to try, but the show does have a picture of Walt sitting in what looks like a run down vacant warehouse, surrounded by his money and tubs of his meth .... every time I see that picture I always get the feeling that it's all that Walt has left. Which led me to figuring that while some do die, others like his family had done the disappearing act, and Walt would be left with nothing but the money he made off of the meth. Maybe they do all die, whether it's done by Walt himself or they died because of Walts actions. Then Walt finally realizes how low he had sunk and that he'd lost everyone, and since they're dead there's no hope of someday bringing his family back together, so he offs himself.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Mark my words Jr will kill someone. Think about it this way, Jr has seen his Dad as purely his father this whole time. Jr is really the only one left who still has no clue(unless you want to count Holly lol). He has such a positive view of his father, what happens when that changes? Will he side with Hank or stay with his mother/father?
Like I mentioned before, I don't see Jr as a cold blooded killer - it's just not in his character. Killing by accident maybe but not killing on purpose.

Maybe ........ it's the other way around. Instead of Jr killing Hank, by accident, Hank accidentally kills Jr.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM

3,165 posts, read 1,157,323 times
REmember when Walt and jr. were watching Scarface and how exicited jr. was. ?

Walt remembers and gives the M=60 to jr. and says..."say hello to my little friend"
Then they procede to kill off every body who is still left alive, then meet Sauls "guy", exchange ID's and head up to Alaska to do a little gold mining!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,585,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Maybe Hank and Walt will have a truce. What if Walt rolls over on Lydia and Todd and the Nazis?

Hank still gets to be the hero and Lydia will stop bugging Walt to cook and the freaking NAZIs get locked up (do they know Walt's real name?)
This is not that far fetched
Blue Meth returns,Body's start piling up,hank then goes to Walt thinking Heisenberg is back on the scene.
Walt then makes a deal with hank to take down Lydia and the white supremacist.White Supremacist and Lydia go down except for Todd and a few of his people. Walt and family goes into protective custody.Todd kidnaps Jesse to get back at Walt. Walt Buys M60 to go free Jesse.Ricin is a back up plan just in case Walt gets caught

Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM

6,493 posts, read 6,703,346 times
Quote:

Names do have significance on this show. Walter White. Jesse Pinkman. Gray Matter. Skyler, who is often in blue.

But my favorite has to be Saul Goodman, as: in " 's all good, man." Perfect name for a shyster lawyer.
I had noticed the color words in White and Pinkman, but not the others. And " 's all good, man," great catch, I didn't think of that.

I wonder if there are innuendos to the other characters names: Hank Schrader, Maria Scrader, Flynn, Holly, Gus Fring, Jane (what was her last name?), and who was Brock's mom? (and their last name?)

Hmmmm, I'm not seeing anything in those names, but maybe someone more clever will.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM

608 posts, read 1,710,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Maybe you're somewhat right in that last sentence. .
Seems unlikely that Walt would try to kill himself with ricin. Ricin poisoning is actually a rather slow and painful way to die. If I'm not mistaken, the only reason it's used is because it's difficult to detect. The ricin is definitely intended for someone else.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM

608 posts, read 1,710,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This is not that far fetched
Blue Meth returns,Body's start piling up,hank then goes to Walt thinking Heisenberg is back on the scene.
Walt then makes a deal with hank to take down Lydia and the white supremacist.White Supremacist and Lydia go down except for Todd and a few of his people. Walt and family goes into protective custody.Todd kidnaps Jesse to get back at Walt. Walt Buys M60 to go free Jesse.Ricin is a back up plan just in case Walt gets caught
This makes sense.

I've thought since the beginning of this season (or officially the second half of the season), that Walt might be in protective custody. The writers always try to throw us a bit off with the opening scenes, and it seems shocking that Walt would openly go back to his house while being wanted by the law. It makes more sense to me that he's not wanted. The easiest way to explain how that would be is that he makes a deal to talk about Lydia and the white supremacists.

Of course, that requires that Hank and/or the DEA decide they're willing to let Walt off lightly.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,660,686 times
This probably doesn't mean anything but I started watching from the beginning again and I think it is in the 1st episode, Walt is filming a confession to tell his family he did it all for them. I think he ripped it up but could be wrong, just thought that was interesting and wondering if it could still be out there somewhere.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM

287 posts, read 237,812 times
Quote:
What was Huell's partner's name? I supposed it's too much to hope that it was either Dewey or Louis.

Names do have significance on this show. Walter White. Jesse Pinkman. Gray Matter. Skyler, who is often in blue.

Tuco was the name of Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

But my favorite has to be Saul Goodman, as: in " 's all good, man." Perfect name for a shyster lawyer.
Along with the colors thing this was from the imdb trivia site:

Characters and their values are represented by the colors they wear. Skyler is usually dressed in blue and Jesse in yellow and red (when he is in recovery, he wears gray). Walter wears green because he is stuck between his family and the drug trade. When the Whites' daughter is born, pink is introduced to the spectrum. Similar color patterns show up during the series. The DEA agents, Hank and Gomez, wear orange, representing police. Marie is usually in purple and many of the other doctors on the show are seen in it as well. And Jane, the recovering heroin addict, wears black

Oh and the name of Huell's partner is Kuby. Fun fact about the actors that play Huell and Kuby is they are both stand up comedians outside of the show (Bill Burr and Lavell Crawford) as was the actor who plays Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), he was a stand up comedian and then worked as a writer on SNL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV