Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

We watch Breaking Bad with captions. They are accurate 99.99% of the time. The only thing you won't get are the occasional bits of dialogue in Spanish. In that case, they usually read: [Speaking Spanish]

Other shows I have noticed are obviously captioned from the script. The Simpsons is one I've noticed in the past. Their captions are sometimes completely wrong. The entire line is different, music doesn't match, etc. It was obviously captioned prior to editing.

The FX network, I've noticed, doesn't have the best captions. Their captions don't usually contradict, but they will often miss entire lines of dialogue. I guess they must have slow typers over at FX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:06 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
I watched the last episode again last nite,this time,I did notice the swipe of Jessie's pot by
Hulk,Hull Huel.whatever. Never caught my eye first time.
I think it's a good idea for this show. Every episode is so rich and full of quick moves/dialogue,one is bound to miss something.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
What was Huell's partner's name? I supposed it's too much to hope that it was either Dewey or Louis.

Names do have significance on this show. Walter White. Jesse Pinkman. Gray Matter. Skyler, who is often in blue.

Tuco was the name of Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

But my favorite has to be Saul Goodman, as: in " 's all good, man." Perfect name for a shyster lawyer.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
I was watching this last episode of BB with captions because the sound wasn't coming over very well. I noticed that the captions were way out of sync. The character would say something and the caption came up a few seconds later so they were pretty useless.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What was Huell's partner's name? I supposed it's too much to hope that it was either Dewey or Louis.

Names do have significance on this show. Walter White. Jesse Pinkman. Gray Matter. Skyler, who is often in blue.

Tuco was the name of Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

But my favorite has to be Saul Goodman, as: in " 's all good, man." Perfect name for a shyster lawyer.
You got to love Sauls character, (and his colorful suits!) His quotes such as "2 miracles short of sainthood". His drawer full of phones, even his office, with the fake columns , all in that run down stripcenter, with the inflatable man blowing around on top of the building!.....Brilliant

Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
You got to love Sauls character, (and his colorful suits!) His quotes such as "2 miracles short of sainthood". His drawer full of phones, even his office, with the fake columns , all in that run down stripcenter, with the inflatable man blowing around on top of the building!.....Brilliant
OMG, his suits hurt my eyes. I didn't realize until watching Talking Dead how attractive he is in real life!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
His name is "Kuby" and he's the comedian, Bill Burr:

Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
Bill Burr has some stuff on netflix..Funny dude.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I just can't see Jr as a killer, unless it's for self preservation or if someone in his family is in immediate danger of being killed by someone (example, he walks in the house and sees someone with a knife to Skylers throat and there is a gun on the table next to Jr, then yeah he would probably pick it up and use it to save his mom). I think it's outside of the character role for Jr to be a cold blooded killer.

My thoughts on how it would go down IF Jr does kill Hank ....
I think that if he does see the confession tape that he would go to Walt to ask about it instead of first going to Hank. Then Walt, using his skill at manipulation, tells him how dangerous Hank is. At some point Hank may corner Jr and if Jr feels threatened he may try to get away from Hank but Hank may grab him, which results in a tussle and Jr may use his cane to trip Hank resulting in Hank falling and hitting his head on something, which kills him. Or, if Jr and Hank get into a tussle and Hank has a gun on his belt, or wherever, then Jr may grab it and use it on Hank during the tussle, going on the fear that Walt instilled in him.

Or, in this fun with scenarios ... instead of finding Walt in the shower, she finds Hank or maybe even Beneke, either one, who she's actually married to in her non dream life
Mark my words Jr will kill someone. Think about it this way, Jr has seen his Dad as purely his father this whole time. Jr is really the only one left who still has no clue(unless you want to count Holly lol). He has such a positive view of his father, what happens when that changes? Will he side with Hank or stay with his mother/father?

I also wonder if Elliot and Gretchen will come back in at all?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Mark my words Jr will kill someone. Think about it this way, Jr has seen his Dad as purely his father this whole time. Jr is really the only one left who still has no clue(unless you want to count Holly lol). He has such a positive view of his father, what happens when that changes? Will he side with Hank or stay with his mother/father?
While I do think every character will be dragged through the mire Walt has created (including the kids) I'd be surprised if Walt Jr murdered anyone. An accidental death due to Walt Sr...possible I guess. Self defense as others have said...maybe. I just have a hard time seeing Walt Jr turn into a murderer and siding with dear old dad.

Quote:
I also wonder if Elliot and Gretchen will come back in at all?
I'd be surprised. We haven't seen them for a long long time and they don't seem quite pertinent to the story at this point. But you never know I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV