Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,643,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Jane OD'd, there's nothing more to it, other than Walt witnessed her take her last breath. He had nothing to do with it.
She was choking on her own vomit with Walt standing over her watching. he could have turned her head or easily helped,but did nothing but watch her die.
he had something to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,564,063 times
(The posts are coming fast......).

Old 08-25-2013, 09:24 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,964,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Jane OD'd, there's nothing more to it, other than Walt witnessed her take her last breath. He had nothing to do with it.
She choked on her own vomit and because Walt could have turned her on her side to save her and didn't he enabled her death. Of course if he hadn't been there she would also have died, but he was. Nice parallelism in that episode when Walt puts his baby daughter in the crib earlier and props her on her side to prevent SIDs.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 PM

608 posts, read 1,711,304 times
I'm very confused.

As the past few posters pointed out, the kid wasn't poisoned with ricin. He was poisoned with Lily of the Valley. So why would Jesse realizing the ricin was lifted lead him to believe that Walt poisoned the kid? It doesn't really add up to me.

I actually think the theme this season (or second half of the season) goes back to Gus Fring's fears about Jesse. Remember that Gus did not want to do business with Walt initially, because he viewed Jesse as a loose cannon. Gus said that people who do drugs don't take caution and he didn't want to do business with reckless people. As things evolved, Gus came to realize that he had more to fear from Walt than Jesse in this department, however.

Walt has now angered three people who seem to have difficulty controlling their emotions: Hank, Jesse, and Lydia. He's created three "loose cannons" through his recklessness. Gus was methodical, cautious, and always well-reasoned. Walt is emotive, reckless, and doesn't think things through. Walt has created a three-headed monster and he can't fight all of them at once.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
I'm very confused.

As the past few posters pointed out, the kid wasn't poisoned with ricin. He was poisoned with Lily of the Valley. So why would Jesse realizing the ricin was lifted lead him to believe that Walt poisoned the kid? It doesn't really add up to me.
But remember in the next season, Jessie is panicked about losing the ricin cigarette in his house and that somebody might smoke it by accident. So Walt comes over to help him look for it and supposedly finds it on the floor.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:39 PM

608 posts, read 1,711,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
But remember in the next season, Jessie is panicked about losing the ricin cigarette in his house and that somebody might smoke it by accident. So Walt comes over to help him look for it and supposedly finds it on the floor.
I'd forgotten about that.

So I guess the theory here is that Jesse realizes how the ricin was stolen, and assumes that if Walt could arrange that, then maybe he could've arranged the poisoning of the kid, as well? That maybe this is just Jesse slowly realizing how manipulative Walter has become.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
I'd forgotten about that.

So I guess the theory here is that Jesse realizes how the ricin was stolen, and assumes that if Walt could arrange that, then maybe he could've arranged the poisoning of the kid, as well? That maybe this is just Jesse slowly realizing how manipulative Walter has become.
If Euell/Saul, took the cigarette and Walt found it then there was obviously some kind of collusion. Also Jessie knows that the kid was poisoned by Lily of the Valley. I suppose it's debatable whether somebody would necessarily connect those dots. But it was certainly a very clever plot twist.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,696,273 times
Lol, I guess it was Hule that was actually the pickpocket, just read it on another forum.

I was starting to wonder exactly what he was like as a younger Saul.

I don't know if its Hule or Euell, they were saying Hule on the other forum.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:12 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,263,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
She choked on her own vomit and because Walt could have turned her on her side to save her and didn't he enabled her death. Of course if he hadn't been there she would also have died, but he was. Nice parallelism in that episode when Walt puts his baby daughter in the crib earlier and props her on her side to prevent SIDs.
Wasn't he the reason she rolled over on the first place? I thought he reached into one of their pockets or something, disturbing their positions. If not for him, she would not have rolled over.

Not really looking to debate how much he was at fault, blah blah, but I thought he caused her to roll over, or he caused Jesse to roll over, and to push her slightly, causing her to rull over - thus causing her to choke. And of course he watched her.

I was thinking if he had not been there, she would have not rolled over, and probably would have lived.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,172,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Lol, I guess it was Hule that was actually the pickpocket, just read it on another forum.

I was starting to wonder exactly what he was like as a younger Saul.

I don't know if its Hule or Euell, they were saying Hule on the other forum.
The correct spelling is Huell.

So many twists and turns tonight. I have to confess I'm not a huge Jesse fan, even moreso after tonight. When I thought he was leaving town, I was most upset that it would probably mean never seeing Badger or Skinny Pete again. He's (rightfully) mad about an innocent child getting poisoned, then he goes and attempts to torch a house where innocent children live and might have even been at home? Well, he's never been very bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV