Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 05:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The beginning scene was a flashback showing the cousins in their youth & a younger, still-vocal Tio talking to someone about starting a business relationship w/Gus.
I thought the old man looked familiar. Now it makes sense. That certainly helps explain the intensity of the twins. Thanks!

I just wonder how Tio went from living the high life to living in that dump.

If he had so much money, and his son was a big drug guy, why was he living in a dump when he was in a wheelchair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 05:31 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I thought the old man looked familiar. Now it makes sense. That certainly helps explain the intensity of the twins. Thanks!

I just wonder how Tio went from living the high life to living in that dump.

If he had so much money, and his son was a big drug guy, why was he living in a dump when he was in a wheelchair?
My guess is he got in the wheelchair cause one of the twins or tuco beat the crap out of him. I don't know for sure but the last episode was great, awesome ending!

Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 AM

After the last two episodes moving so fast, last night's episode was dreadfully slow.

But that Chicken Guy is turning out to be scarier than the Mexican Drug Cartel!

I think Walt is in trouble for lying!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,103,078 times
Quote:
Remember, Hank received a phone call on his cell while he was in the truck warning him that two men were coming to kill him in one minute.

The only people who have Hank's cell phone number are Walt and the lawyer.

Walt didn't know that Hank was going to be killed.

Even if the lawyer knew that Hank was going to be killed, he couldn't have known it would be in one minute.

The lawyer could have given the phone number to someone else, like the Chicken guy.

But the Chicken guy would not have called to warn Hank because he wouldn't have been that involved in the plans.

I think the Lawyer gave the number to the Chicken guy and the Chicken guy gave the number to the twins and one of the twins called to give Hank a one minute warning.

It seems like something they would do---play head games by telling him he had one minute---just like killing with a gun was 'too easy' and he got the axe.
My 2 cents

Pollos first set the brothers on Hank, and then warned him in hopes of taking out the brothers, who

#1 want to kill his moneymaker Walt
#2 are uncontrollable and tried to intimidate Pollos

It's a win/win for Pollos no matter who dies.

Hank's phone number is not an issue, anyone can get anyones number, esp someone as powerful as Pollos. I doubt the lawyer knows anything.

Gonna watch last's night's episode tonight. I love this show!

Anyone want to bet Walt's new big lab is going to end up exploding before the end of this season?

Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 AM

Forgot to add it was prob "the fixer" guy survelling Hank or the brothers who made the actual call, but on orders from Pollos. I really like that guy and hope to see more of him

Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,173,185 times
Quote:
After the last two episodes moving so fast, last night's episode was dreadfully slow.
it was agonizingly slow when they were waiting for word about Hank's condition...but the characters were stuck in a hospital waiting room for several hours, so if you didn't get a taste of that discomfort and tedium, it would have detracted from the realism IMO. That said, I didn't think it was a boring episode at all. Plenty of tension and several "oh crap..." moments, just not the shoot 'em up action variety, which is a-ok with me.

I'm dying to know how exactly the chicken guy took care of the cousin...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM

^ They showed the Fixer in the hosp, dropping a needle in a biohazard box.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,864,469 times
I think this week's eppie was a bit about rounding out the other characters; Marie (Betsy Brandt), Hank's wife dealing with the shock by zoning out and fixating on certain things, like silverware, Hank Jr. seeming to turn against Hank and identifying with Hank, and Skyler still keeping up the false front that things are close to normal at home.

Did anyone notice the play on words that they're using in the titles. This weeks was "I See You" (I.C.U) and the one where Skyler told Walt that "I F**ked Ted" was titled "I F T".

I'm beginning to like Marie more than Skyler, much more of a supportive wife.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I'm dying to know how exactly the chicken guy took care of the cousin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
^ They showed the Fixer in the hosp, dropping a needle in a biohazard box.
Yep. The Fixer guy killed the cousin with an injection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I'm beginning to like Marie more than Skyler, much more of a supportive wife.
Marie is becoming less annoying than she used to be. I have never liked Skyler, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,173,185 times
oh, that makes sense...not sure how I missed Mike

Usually I don't care for Skyler, but she surprised me when she defended Walt in front of Marie (not that Marie's accusations were terribly far off the mark, really).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV