Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,565,268 times

Advertisements

[quote=Silver8ack;31175002]Not sure if this has already been added to the thread yet, but in case it hasn't how about watching Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman) as a price is right contestant.

Did not take the time to watch. How many times that he say the b*&^% word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 07:51 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,494,794 times
Disappointingly, he never said it. But in my head I heard him say it a number of times. "Bob Barker, b----!" "$1,200, b----!" "Showcase Showdown, b----!".

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,608,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Just a weird thought---Does Walt even really have cancer?

Gilligan promised this would end BB style---This whole time it was Skyler White who was the brains behind the whole meth operation. She knew how much meth would be worth and used her husband's chemistry abilities to make meth. We can clearly see how good she is at manipulating people and putting on a facade (just like Gus)--she got the old car wash owner out, got Jesse to fall for Walt's tricks in the dessert meeting this past episode, and the whole poisoning the kid idea to manipulate Jesse's feelings sure feels like a move Skyler would come up with.

Has it ever been shown that Walt has cancer? They could have paid some doc off. Walt could take chemo, sure he'd get sick from it even though he didn't really need it, but totally survivable. It is a good story to cover up all of their tracks, like what they've been doing. Eventually Walt fakes his cancer death and returns to clean up the mess (episode where he comes back for the ricin with full hair). We never get to see the chest x-rays I think (IIRC), they're just interpreted by the doctor. His coughing could be due to the chemotherapy inflammation like the doc explained that one time.

Skyler White, the female Gus.

At least we know Jesse doesn't burn down the house, because in an earlier episode that takes place in the future, the house is still there.
Vince is a big fan of Movies. I could see a,"The Usual Suspects/Reservoir Dogs" type of ending

Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM

22,958 posts, read 28,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Disappointingly, he never said it. But in my head I heard him say it a number of times. "Bob Barker, b----!" "$1,200, b----!" "Showcase Showdown, b----!".
Aaron Paul is supposedly in talks to play Aaron, brother of Moses, in an upcoming Biblical epic. Christian Bale is Moses. I can see it now: "Yo, Pharaoh! Let my people go, bee-yotch!"

In all seriousness, I think A. Paul is a fantastic actor, and I hope he has a long career ahead of him playing something besides a sympathetic stoner.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 AM

52,393 posts, read 52,909,163 times
I've often daydreamed about how much moola is in the pile of greenbacks... I figure about 20 or 30 million as someone else said.

To be honest, if I were one of Saul's guys, I'd be hard pressed not to grab a bundle or two.... I mean how would he even be able to count it all??? I know they were scared of him, but I don't know....I'm not a thief by nature, but it would sure be tempting...

I can't see Walt Jr. doing any kind of killing, he's too mild mannered for that.

I thought the "confessional" cd was great.... not really believable, but you have to lose yourself in the story.

Skylar is annoying as hell, IDK, but she just is...

Jessie?? I don't know.... he should have just taken that big azz duffel bag of cash Walt gave him and bounced on to Ca...... learned to deal with his guilt somehow..... He was never "made" to be a big time drug dealer, he was obviously just a punk kid making enough to treat his boys and himself to a little entertainment and some low level cash. Type of guy just slinging rock on the corner, that level......

He was always been a lose cannon and way way too emotional, maybe he was intended to be the counterbalance to Walt's seemly over analytical and semi non-emotional ways....

Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,020,843 times
One of the many things I find annoying about Skyler is this:

She is a bookkeeper, right? She was the HEAD bookkeeper for Ted Beneke. But when she shows the stack of money to Walt she says, "I don't even know how much there is." Um, wasn't that her main job??? To keep track of and launder the money? So, she was able to go through Ted's books and figure out his problem, but give her cash on a regular basis and she doesn't keep track of it?

It would have been nice when they were moving it, if Walt could have said, "There's $24,565,223 here and NONE of it better go missing.." I think that would have been impressive.

I understand the idea is that there is more than he could spend in a lifetime, so who cares. But part of being a badazz drug kingpin should be the ability to command respect and part of that would be knowing if anyone is stealing from you.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post

She is a bookkeeper, right? She was the HEAD bookkeeper for Ted Beneke. But when she shows the stack of money to Walt she says, "I don't even know how much there is." Um, wasn't that her main job??? To keep track of and launder the money? So, she was able to go through Ted's books and figure out his problem, but give her cash on a regular basis and she doesn't keep track of it?

It would have been nice when they were moving it, if Walt could have said, "There's $24,565,223 here and NONE of it better go missing.." I think that would have been impressive.

I understand the idea is that there is more than he could spend in a lifetime, so who cares. But part of being a badazz drug kingpin should be the ability to command respect and part of that would be knowing if anyone is stealing from you.
Looking at numbers on a page isn't the same thing as dealing with actual cash. She wasn't a bank teller, who actually might sit there and count it all. I doubt she has spent much time with the money at all, to her it was just an overwhelming pile of possible jail time she has to try to launder. She's done nothing with it, they haven't even bought new curtains to replace their old hideous, depressing ones. She certainly into keeping the money now, but she isn't going to be one to roll around in it.

At this point Walt isn't about the money either, and those two guys working for Sal would be considered too far beneath his time to even care about them stealing a couple bucks.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,215,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've often daydreamed about how much moola is in the pile of greenbacks... I figure about 20 or 30 million as someone else said.

To be honest, if I were one of Saul's guys, I'd be hard pressed not to grab a bundle or two.... I mean how would he even be able to count it all??? I know they were scared of him, but I don't know....I'm not a thief by nature, but it would sure be tempting...
Didn't they exchange a look of relief between them, they were a bit over the top with "we knew you'd want to see it was all there."

Old 08-29-2013, 01:41 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,197,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post

She did mention she had no time to count or track it. Remember that she has a legit carwash to run in addition to the baby at home.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,593,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Aaron Paul is supposedly in talks to play Aaron, brother of Moses, in an upcoming Biblical epic. Christian Bale is Moses. I can see it now: "Yo, Pharaoh! Let my people go, bee-yotch!"

In all seriousness, I think A. Paul is a fantastic actor, and I hope he has a long career ahead of him playing something besides a sympathetic stoner.
He wasn't sympathetic in Third House from the Left. He's a great actor that could play anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV