Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 06:36 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,699 times

Advertisements

I have extremely high hopes for the final episodes, and given how many times I was taken aback at the events that have unfolded in the past four and a half seasons, I can't think of any plausible scenarios of how Gilligan is going to end this show. I do find comfort in him stating that there will be an actual ending, as opposed to the less-than-stellar endings we got from Lost and The Sopranos (the latter still has me angry.) The last good series finale I have watched was from The Wire, and I think this will be a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
It has been a while since I watched Seasons 1 through 4. Just watched S5E2 and I can't remember this women from the first 4 seasons.

Lydia Rodarte-Quayle: The Head of Logistics at Madrigal Electromotive, Lydia was Gus Fring's methylamine supplier.

Does anyone remember an earlier episode where she was a major player??

Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,800 times
Hank handcuffs Walter, is while enroute to the Federal courthouse in Albuquerque, are killed by assassins from the Mexican cartel. Skyler walks away with cash in hand and is killed in a random collision on I-10 with the cartel assassins as they are each independently traveling to Phoenix.

Pure speculation on my part.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
It has been a while since I watched Seasons 1 through 4. Just watched S5E2 and I can't remember this women from the first 4 seasons.

Lydia Rodarte-Quayle: The Head of Logistics at Madrigal Electromotive, Lydia was Gus Fring's methylamine supplier.

Does anyone remember an earlier episode where she was a major player??
She wasn't in the first 4 seasons at all.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
She wasn't in the first 4 seasons at all.
Well, guess it is good they had information on the Breaking Bad site. I had no idea of who she was watching the episode (unless I missed something).

Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
tmozer - If you watch "Mad Men", January Jones went from thin to VERY heavy between seasons.

That was a fat suit. You could tell when you looked at her wrist, and when she turned her head.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:26 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Well, guess it is good they had information on the Breaking Bad site. I had no idea of who she was watching the episode (unless I missed something).
Actually, I really like the inclusion of Lydia into the show. Not only is she Walt's contact for expanding his business overseas, but she is such a contrasting character when compared to Gus. Gus was a sociopath who was calm, mild-mannered and generally soft-spoken but was insanely intelligent and extremely dangerous. Lydia, on the other hand, is intelligent but is, to quote Mike, completely crazy. I'm quite convinced that she is going to play a rather large hand in Walt's downfall.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times
We'll see if there is a downfall. It will be interesting.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:15 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,860 times
It is about time! I can't believe so many shows can just take a few years off and then come back. But for some of the good ones, I'll wait. I just don't like it.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times
shadowwalker - "Breaking Bad" didn't take a few years off. It was on last summer.
IF you are able to watch last year's shows, on "On Demand" or whatever, let me suggest that you watch the last episode or 2 so that you are caught up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV