Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM

9,830 posts, read 11,604,940 times

Advertisements

The music was pretty funny last nite!
Quote:
Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs.
And what's wrong with that?
Id like to know, cause here I go again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,270,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The music was pretty funny last nite!
LOL...I laughed when they turned up the volume

Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM

37,817 posts, read 41,119,481 times
I wasn't all that impressed with the premiere (or the previous season with the witches) and did they really have to make Rev. Newland gay and a vampire? He was so much better when he was the opposition. I think I'm over the pasty vampires but Alcide, um they could make the whole season about him.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:43 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,270,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wasn't all that impressed with the premiere (or the previous season with the witches) and did they really have to make Rev. Newland gay and a vampire? He was so much better when he was the opposition. I think I'm over the pasty vampires but Alcide, um they could make the whole season about him.
Yeah, I didn't get the Rev. Newland thing either. Seemed pointless for him to return. But I'm with ya 100% on Alcide

Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM

22,422 posts, read 29,572,369 times
I thought it was very very very boring and I'd really like to see Alcide naked (along with the 10 trillion other men and women who agree with me)

Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 4,768,068 times
Alcide....oh, lordy lordy....{{fans self}}

Wait, what was I going to say? Oh...
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't get the Rev. Newland thing either. Seemed pointless for him to return
I think he implanted the idea in Jason's (rather small) brain that he (Jason) prefers men. The bit where he turned that girl down (so uncharacteristic of Jason) made me think that perhaps Newland planted the idea in Jason's head during that "visit", hoping Jason would end up wanting to have sex with him later on and not even realize it was "glamoring". Alan Ball seems to like writing homoerotic stuff even for his straight characters (remember the Sam/Bill hotel room scene?), and it's certainly the sort of B-Plot Hell that they seem to prefer to place Jason in--inconsequential and mildly amusing bits where he basically has to fend for himself.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,904,646 times
I think Jason is just pre-occupied with the red haired vampire (her name slips my mind right now)... Nothing more, nothing less. That's why he didn't wanna just go sleep with the college girl. It's called growing up... If he were doing the same things he did in the first season his character would have no development.

Premiere Episode overall was ok... I give it a 6/10.

The new young female werewolf was hot too!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM

578 posts, read 1,095,057 times
Yep. I used to really enjoy this show but it didn't hold my interest. Its too bloody and too boring hope hope the same thing doesn't happen with game of thrones.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM

7,396 posts, read 5,510,468 times
I give the premiere a 5/10. I liked the human friendship between Sookie and Tara and now that Tara is a vampire I bet the friendship will not exist anymore because Tara looked pretty scary in the previews for the season.
I don't know what the point is of bringing back Rev. Newland and the vamp buried in cement.
And what happened to Jason being a werepanther? I wish these season were closer together. I always forget what happened from the previous season.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,256,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I give the premiere a 5/10. I liked the human friendship between Sookie and Tara and now that Tara is a vampire I bet the friendship will not exist anymore because Tara looked pretty scary in the previews for the season.
Yea, remember Tara has had a lot of rage in her over the past several seasons. So I think all that rage will manifest in some pretty gruesome ways.

Quote:
I don't know what the point is of bringing back Rev. Newland and the vamp buried in cement.
I'm not sure what the point of Newland is either. But I do see what they're setting up for the vamp in cement - who is/was Russell Edgington, the former King of Mississipi (from Season 3). He was a 3000 year old vampire who was quite vicious. I can see him setting up an epic battle between the Authority/AVL and other vicious vampires. The AVL wants all vamps to integrate with humans and Russell is evil. I think he's going to go after Sookie because he knows what she is.

Quote:
And what happened to Jason being a werepanther?
Jason never could have been a werepanther because you have to be born one. Those inbred were's were too stupid (and inbred) to know that's not how you are made into a were. Early on in season 4 it was all resolved. They (Sookie & Jason) got that information from Alcide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV