Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Yeah, no offense to the kid, but he does a bad job at convincing me he's a centuries old killing machine.

my wife was like "awww, he's cute." LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
It is quite obvious that they can create and execute PLENTY of plotlines just using the tiny town of Bon Temps, LA as a backdrop, which is why it is so odd that they would take the show to the Vampire Authority (which I believe is in New Orleans) and widen the scope further. If anything, they should tighten the focus within Bon Temps, since they can't seem to balance the A plots, B plots, and C plots within the town.

Regarding the "Chancellors," when they decided to include a member who looks like a child, I was reminded of the character of Kenny on Highlander: a blond "kid" who looked eleven or twelve, but was actually a murderous 800 year-old immortal. Too bad the child actor on Highlander was much more convincing in his "old beyond his appearance" line delivery than the one they got for this TB role.
LOL...he reminded me of Lannie from "The Lost Boys"...

but I do agree with you. There are so many plots going on. I have a love/hate thing for Pam but viewers are seeing her soft spot and she still seems to have some "human emotion" left inside of her. I really enjoyed the flashbacks on how she met Eric. I think 2 seasons ago there were some flashbacks with her and Eric in Germany during the war but this past episode really told the story of how she was turned. I'm actually a little tired of Sookie's nonsense. I was hoping Alcide would go werewolf on her when she told him what happened lol

Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
But also recall that last season, while Eric had amnesia and Sookie found him walking along a road, he asked her why she smelled so good. Up to that point no vampire had mentioned her smell and she had been around plenty of them prior.
Kind of how there was an entire storyline about Jessica not being able to have sex due to the pain and because she was a vampire it was a problem every single time and then suddenly she's having sex all the time with no more mention of it? Even though this show has good writing, they seem to have forgotten or conveniently added/dropped a few things to fit the narrative.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
The writers seem to forget that Sookie's telepathic for large swaths of time, too.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:28 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The writers seem to forget that Sookie's telepathic for large swaths of time, too.

In my mind, Sookie has learned how to block the thoughts and can use her power at will.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 PM

461 posts, read 911,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
They do. They only seem to use it when they can't quite figure out how she should know something.

Case in point, couldn't she have heard Debbie last season before she came at her with the gun? I don't think that someone wielding a weapon has a blank mind...

Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
They do. They only seem to use it when they can't quite figure out how she should know something.

Case in point, couldn't she have heard Debbie last season before she came at her with the gun? I don't think that someone wielding a weapon has a blank mind...
Good one! You would think that an enraged person intent on murder would be project thoughts pretty 'loudly'

Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 PM

461 posts, read 911,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Good one! You would think that an enraged person intent on murder would be project thoughts pretty 'loudly'
Exactly. I was mad that they used her telepathy to "find" Tara inadvertently through Sam, but she couldn't hear the murderous person inside her own home?

Someone needs to keep better notes over on the writing team. lol

Old 06-27-2012, 11:01 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
This show gets worse every season. It's obvious there's a new team of writers for each one.

I was very disappointed to see they're keeping Tara around. What an awful character.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Well it's possible, although slimly, that Debbie was keeping her thoughts under control since she knew Sookie could hear them. She was obviously thinking enough to park her car away from the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV