Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,961,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Does it seem to anyone else that when Jon and Kate are sitting on the sofa, talking, that Kate barely looks at Jon and when she does, she looks at him with real distaste?

Vicki
I notice that as well. He seems unhappy and beaten down emotionally, she seems to ignore him. I also noticed that whent hey renewed their vows, there didn't seem to be any emotion between the two of them. It was as if they just went for a free trip to Hawaii. Kate was more worried about the logistics of it, and Jon seemed to enjoy being there with his kids and seeing his family.

I'm sure they have problems in their marriage, very few don't. But the commercial for the season finale made it sound as if they were breaking up, which I don't think will happen.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 AM

23,928 posts, read 33,790,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I notice that as well. He seems unhappy and beaten down emotionally, she seems to ignore him. I also noticed that whent hey renewed their vows, there didn't seem to be any emotion between the two of them. It was as if they just went for a free trip to Hawaii. Kate was more worried about the logistics of it, and Jon seemed to enjoy being there with his kids and seeing his family.
I didn't see what you saw. I DVR'd the Hawaii episodes, watched one after the other and thought they were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I'm sure they have problems in their marriage, very few don't. But the commercial for the season finale made it sound as if they were breaking up, which I don't think will happen.
Creative editing.
Sure they aren't going to be lovey dovey all the time.
What marriage doesn't have problems?

This weeks episode had Jon & Cara going to Utah, made me wonder why he took one kid and not both twins. Will he do the same with Maddy next?

Jon & Kate probably needed a break. Instead of him going off alone he had to take a kid.

I couldn't imagine being with my hubby 24/7 for how many months?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

863 posts, read 1,647,204 times
[quote=Roselvr;7935545]
This weeks episode had Jon & Cara going to Utah, made me wonder why he took one kid and not both twins. Will he do the same with Maddy next?

[quote]

If I remember right, and it's been awhile since I saw the family ski trip episode, Maddy absolutely hated skiing, while Cara loved it. Kate wasn't into it either, so in a sense it would make sense that Cara and Jon went skiing alone. This is just guess I have nothing to back it up.

While it was sad to see Cara so homesick and missing her mom, I think it really was good for her to have complete one on one time with one of the rents. Maybe Maddy and Kate will get out alone together next time. Or Maddy and Jon, either or doesn't matter.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM

23,928 posts, read 33,790,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If I remember right, and it's been awhile since I saw the family ski trip episode, Maddy absolutely hated skiing, while Cara loved it. Kate wasn't into it either, so in a sense it would make sense that Cara and Jon went skiing alone. This is just guess I have nothing to back it up.

While it was sad to see Cara so homesick and missing her mom, I think it really was good for her to have complete one on one time with one of the rents. Maybe Maddy and Kate will get out alone together next time. Or Maddy and Jon, either or doesn't matter.
There are decent ski slopes in Pennsylvania and New York, weird that he went so far. I guess he wanted to totally get away.

I hope it is the start of J&K spending more alone time with the older girls, especially now since they are older.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:53 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,545,603 times
I happened to see last night watching the TLC NETWORK the promos to the last show of the season on Monday. I decided I will not watch it anymore. I always did but don't liker the message it is sending anymore. Anyway Jon and Kate were talking about their marriage and Kate was saying they are working on it and they are just in a strange place. That is all they showed. Does anyone think it could be possible that they are going to end the show. They keep saying the season finale. If I knew it was ending I might just watch it Monday. I saw someone saying that Jon took Cara skiing. I have seen for years that they have their favorite kids. It seems to be the ones that they feel are more like them. Like Cara likes a lot of the stuff Jon does. Hannah has been said to be just like Kate although I think Matty is. I always thought it was funny when I would watch and they would be somewhere and the kids would act up. Kate would say Jon come get your child.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,366,521 times
Unfortunately I don't think it's the end of the series. I see online where the next season starts May 25th. Sigh. Perhaps that'll be the last season...probably not.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,546,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I happened to see last night watching the TLC NETWORK the promos to the last show of the season on Monday. I decided I will not watch it anymore. I always did but don't liker the message it is sending anymore. Anyway Jon and Kate were talking about their marriage and Kate was saying they are working on it and they are just in a strange place. That is all they showed. Does anyone think it could be possible that they are going to end the show. They keep saying the season finale. If I knew it was ending I might just watch it Monday. I saw someone saying that Jon took Cara skiing. I have seen for years that they have their favorite kids. It seems to be the ones that they feel are more like them. Like Cara likes a lot of the stuff Jon does. Hannah has been said to be just like Kate although I think Matty is. I always thought it was funny when I would watch and they would be somewhere and the kids would act up. Kate would say Jon come get your child.
I once saw a ranked list of stressors and IIRC, moving/purchasing a new home was included was among the top 10. J & K are now in their 30's and perhaps have reached a plateau in the relationship--which might account for some of Kate's sharpness and Jon's nonchalance. I can't say.

Overall I think they have managed pretty well and I fully understand how each of them might feel the need for some changes--personal growth. Both have been open about 'personal issues' and perhaps they need other interests or friends to recharge.

The kids are now in school half day and then will attend full time. I imagine J & K are trying to make some plans for the future--again, I don't really know.

I think I might have lost my mind years ago in either of their positions. FWIW.

I watched the 'Table for 12' family last night and don't think I will waste time with them. The mother really gets on my nerves. LOL--

Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM

713 posts, read 2,723,728 times
I don't know how much truth is in this, but I had read from several websites that Jon actually purchased a condo in Utah. Jon and Kate + 8 Gosselin Fan Lounge: Gosselins buy property in Utah and have 2 dogs

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,398,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There are decent ski slopes in Pennsylvania and New York, weird that he went so far. I guess he wanted to totally get away.

I hope it is the start of J&K spending more alone time with the older girls, especially now since they are older.

As a former mid-atlantic resident - yes there are ski ares in Pennsylvania and New York, but as a skiier, I really prefer the skiing in Utah. The snow is more consistent, Park City (while not my kinda place) offers fantastic tourism, is a pretty swank town, and there are lots of things to do there, and is much more geared towards tourism than the ski hills in the mid-atlantic. If they can afford it, I KNOW why they would go to Utah, especially if Jon is a skier he knows where the good places are.

Its funny, the family trip to Utah is the only episode I have seeen.

I do watch a lot of other TLC shows, so I see the previews for upcoming shows a lot. The previews for the finally all seem to allude that the marriage is ending. For now, until I decide to read a re-cap somewhere (if I remember) I think it is just creative editing to make the finale look more "exciting"

Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 PM

863 posts, read 1,647,204 times
Also, Jon mentioned the name of the resort, and that it was the same resort they went to before. Maybe just maybe it was another paid trip for being advertised on the show again? Again, just guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV