Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 06:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,562,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Also, Jon mentioned the name of the resort, and that it was the same resort they went to before. Maybe just maybe it was another paid trip for being advertised on the show again? Again, just guessing.
The link that someone posted stated that they had purchased a condo in Park City, UT as a vacation home.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,963,542 times
I don't think Jon and Kate will call it quits, at least not any time soon. I wish TLC would pull the plug on the program though, they've made their millions, time to give it a rest !

Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,562,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I don't think Jon and Kate will call it quits, at least not any time soon. I wish TLC would pull the plug on the program though, they've made their millions, time to give it a rest !
I still think that some of the 'drama' is intentional and creates interest in the show.

I think Maddy may 'perform' for the cameras at times, too and maybe some of the six. This would be sufficient reason to me to call it quits.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:25 PM

515 posts, read 1,334,212 times
I think Jon seems like a good guy trapped in a loveless, stressful marriage. But child support for 8 would be a great amount lol...

As for the rest of them, the kids act like brats most of the time, and Kate seems like a controlling manipulator

Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM

863 posts, read 1,648,475 times
First and foremost, I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE GETTING DIVORCED. At least anywhere in the near future. I think it's a combination of them hitting a rough patch and TLC playing it up for ratings.

I guess I wonder why everybody assumes Kate will get physical custody and they wouldn't share custody, each contributing equally to the well being of the children?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,566,363 times
Quote:
I guess I wonder why everybody assumes Kate will get physical custody and they wouldn't share custody, each contributing equally to the well being of the children?
Because Kate does all the work anyway. I for one am totally floored with all the support and feeling sorry for Jon. OK Kate might be b****y but puhleeze - Jon does so very little of the actual work. Do you see Kate going off on a vacation? That article about them buying a condo in Utah (not sure whether it was this thread or another one) - Jon's quotes amounted to how cool it was that he could still hang with 15 year olds (well, THATS something to be proud of!!) and that he bought the condo hoping it could be a Daddy/daughter hang out. Hmmmm. Meanwhile, while Jon is hanging out with 15 year old snowboarders out in Utah (after he got finished partying with college coeds in PA), Kate is at home with 7-8 kids....who knows, I'd probably get b****y too! Geez....

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-19-2009 at 07:38 PM..

Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM

863 posts, read 1,648,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Because Kate does all the work anyway. I for one am totally floored with all the support and feeling sorry for Jon. OK Kate might be b****y but puhleeze - Jon does so very little of the actual work. Do you see Kate going off on a vacation? That article about them buying a condo in Utah (not sure whether it was this thread or another one) - Jon's quote's amounted to how cool it was that he could still hang with 15 year olds (well, THATS something to be proud of!!) and that he bought the condo hoping it could be a Daddy/daughter hang out. Hmmmm. Meanwhile, while Jon is hanging out with 15 year old snowboarders out in Utah (after he got finished partying with college coeds in PA), Kate is at home with 7-8 kids....who knows, I'd probably get b****y too! Geez....

I'm not defending Jon or degrading Kate.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,566,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I'm not defending Jon or degrading Kate.
Wasn't meaning you were doing that - just answering your question (thus the quote) but opining on all the anti-Kate, pro-Jon sentiments in general....

Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,963,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Because Kate does all the work anyway. I for one am totally floored with all the support and feeling sorry for Jon. OK Kate might be b****y but puhleeze - Jon does so very little of the actual work. Do you see Kate going off on a vacation? That article about them buying a condo in Utah (not sure whether it was this thread or another one) - Jon's quotes amounted to how cool it was that he could still hang with 15 year olds (well, THATS something to be proud of!!) and that he bought the condo hoping it could be a Daddy/daughter hang out. Hmmmm. Meanwhile, while Jon is hanging out with 15 year old snowboarders out in Utah (after he got finished partying with college coeds in PA), Kate is at home with 7-8 kids....who knows, I'd probably get b****y too! Geez....
First off, yes Jon does help around the house and with the kids, I don't know what episodes you're watching. I've seen him do quite a bit. Do you give him any credit when he worked full time and then came home to play with the kids and give them showers and put them to bed ? I don't know if he stopped working or not, but if he did, it's probably because they can afford it, and because SHE told him to.

She does NOT do most of the work. She has admitted she has multiple people that come over to her home to help her with the kids, and the housework. And the richer they get off this ridiculous show, the less she will probably do around the house.

Secondly, if I were married to someone who constantly corrected my grammar, talked to me as if I were their child, was a bossy overbearing obsessive compulsive person, and drove away family and friends, I think I would regress and go do something a little silly too. Am I justifying Jon haning out with college co-eds ? No, but he could have done a lot worse, and there ARE a LOT worse so called fathers out there.

Do you actually think that Jon bought that condo without HER agreement ?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,666,076 times
I feel like a lot of this is editing. This is a daily life show. Drama has to be cultivated somehow, and the tactic of portraying Kate as a shrew has really worked for them. I'm not saying she's sweet 24/7, but come on. They played this up for ratings.

If the series DOES end, I'd like the last episode to be a montage of Kate being kind and loving to Jon. With all the hours and hours they have on tape, you know there's plenty of these moments available to them. Fair's fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV