Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,963,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I just saw a commerial that they are getting two puppies. That should be funny as puppies go to the bathroom and chew on everything. Guess they will be outside

Really ?? I cannot imagine Kate allowing a dog, let alone two into her home. She does not seem to be the right person to have pets. She will probably make them live out in the garage, the poor things.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 PM

4,975 posts, read 9,540,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I love your honesty!

I suppose it's my dose of kids (I have no children). It's a relief to watch and then be able to turn it off. I somehow am fascinated by this show. Jon puts up with a lot of Kate's attitude. I couldn't wait to see the episode with their new house. It's huge. I wonder if Kate is going to be able to vacuum that whole house herself. It's HUGE.

I'm surprised she was cleaning the house when they moved in - why didn't they have someone else clean it before they arrived? They couldn't afford a one-time house cleaning?

But WHO are these people, that you care about how they clean their home? Why are you so fascinated with them?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 PM

4,975 posts, read 9,540,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Why do you watch shows that you do? Because you like them.
I like Jon & Kate; the kids are cute.
You like them?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:25 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,941,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There was one episode where Kate was talking about how Joel liked to smell her perfume and was so interested in what clothes she was wearing. Then on the last one, Jon knew before they went into the woods that Joel wouldn't like that, and he didn't. There were other instances where they just seemed so clueless that he very well may be gay. I'm gay, and my mother told me she suspected such as far back as Kindergarten. Kate seems very rigid in her religous views, so that's why I say "poor Joel".
That's the episode I was thinking about! "we don't know why but he does"~I was talking to the TV.."because he's gay". I think Jon knows, but he's letting Kate be on it. I don't think she's as rigid as they make her seem...I think Joel will be ok. I think that Hannah could take whoever makes a problem for him.

Quote:
Poor puppies - I just don't see Kate being a dog person - lateley she barely seems like a people person. I'm betting it's a stunt to lure in the viewers, at the dogs' expense. Honestly, can you see Kate cooking in the kitchen with two dogs staring at her the whole time? She'd go ballistic. (I have one dog and that's what she does when we cook, and I don't mind at all).
I haven't seen that yet, but when I'm dealing with my dog while my 3 year old watches the show I always think, "that woman would lose her mind if there was a dog in that house."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
But WHO are these people, that you care about how they clean their home? Why are you so fascinated with them?
Why do you watch what you watch? Who cares who they are? I like them too b/c of the snarkiness-I think they are hysterical sometimes (that could be b/c I'm from jersey though ) and the kids are cute. I have a 3 year old who drives me cukoo sometimes...watching them deal with 6 of them at once puts my issues in perspective. LOL.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,921,451 times
Quote:
You know what? TLC broadcasts the show. I work for a living and I pay the cable bill. I'm responding on this thread that I find the show interesting. I'm not watching for you. I'm watching for me. If you don't like TLC broadcasting this show with this woman cleaning a refrigerator, then contact them!

Also, from experience, I've moved into several houses and it's a blessing to have a clean place to move into. Good grief! I didn't film this show - I watched it and commented!

And you might be interested to know that people at my work, and people in the grocery store talk about this show, so it's just not City-Data posters commenting.

Just think, right now, someone somewhere is accessing their DVR and watching Jon & Kate + 8!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,546,978 times
I actually had watched the show from the start and I decided to stop. I do get commerials from TLC. I don't like what the message is the show is sending , nostly in this last year. I know they have these 6 kids but the show is now about all they get from the fact they have these 6 kids. If they couldn't have children without help I 'm glad they had a way to have them. They are a blessing. But now we see this wonderful house, vacations and all the perks they get. From a show that was suppose to show how hard it could be to have 6 babies at once and true the joy. They are making it look to people that you get shows and gifts and all these thinfs for free if you have large froups of children. THat isn't true. Look at the Mom of the eight. I really think if you heard her speak she thought she was going to get a show and free things and help. Where did she get that from. Jon and Kate are not reflecting the real side of these stories not anymore. I think TLC is being unresponsible.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM

23,946 posts, read 33,850,393 times
Quote:
You like them?
Yes I do.
Last night I was on their web site watching some web clips and enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Why do you watch what you watch? Who cares who they are? I like them too b/c of the snarkiness-I think they are hysterical sometimes (that could be b/c I'm from jersey though ) and the kids are cute. I have a 3 year old who drives me cukoo sometimes...watching them deal with 6 of them at once puts my issues in perspective. LOL.
Do you think that's why we "get them" is because we're from Jersey? lol

Old 02-20-2009, 08:14 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,941,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Do you think that's why we "get them" is because we're from Jersey? lol
Probably. LOL. That episode in the new house where she was yelling up the stairs, "Jon, where's the receipt" and then she mouths "I don't know" to the camera as he answers her with "I don't know"...I was cracking up. I looked at my husband, he was smirking and just said, "Shut-up, Kel." That would have been him and that so would have been me in that same situation. LOL.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 AM

23,946 posts, read 33,850,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Probably. LOL. That episode in the new house where she was yelling up the stairs, "Jon, where's the receipt" and then she mouths "I don't know" to the camera as he answers her with "I don't know"...I was cracking up. I looked at my husband, he was smirking and just said, "Shut-up, Kel." That would have been him and that so would have been me in that same situation. LOL.
Yeah, hubby & I laughed too because that's me. lol
Funny, I washed clothes last week, guess what I found in the washer?
A receipt. Too bad you can't read it any more.

They both have dry humor..
Which, a lot of people in Jersey have, myself included.
Guess it's why I understand them.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM

4,394 posts, read 9,515,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggluvbug View Post
I used to watch it....back when it was real. But now, it is way over the top. I actually feel a bit sad for all of them. It is wonderful that their kids are getting experiences they wouldn't normally get, but how can the show continue to be reality when they are becoming so famous? Heck, there are 19 pages of comments here about the family!
Well I guess that's what brings in the ratings....20 something pages of us talking about the show. Some reading this will turn it on just to see what goes on. I watched it at the beginning also until it just became boring after a while to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I would, esp if TLC was footing the bill, I'd pay somebody else to clean it first. I'd still probably clean afterwords, just to make sure it was sanitized.

But that being said, neither of us will be in that situation.
That's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krislati View Post
I can't even watch her anymore. Her kids are soo bratty, she is snobby and rude. Jon is just the schlup around for the ride.
I feel sorry for Jon. He seems to get the wrath of Kate

Quote:
Maybe they can adopt that litter of 8 from California if the crazy woman can't take care of them. Change the name to "John and Kate Plus Eight Plus Eight" and let the fun begin
Kate could probably do it. That California lady is another story....that just bugs me so bad.

Quote:
The whole thing about men decorating being "creepy"? Hello... KATE. Have you ever hired an interior designer/decorator? Many of them are MEN! .
So true and most of the men do a great job. I love that guy on the stagers show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV