Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 AM

77 posts, read 172,257 times

Advertisements

I can't even watch her anymore. Her kids are soo bratty, she is snobby and rude. Jon is just the schlup around for the ride.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 AM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
[quote=adj903;7501012]I'm sure they didn't pay a dime for those appliances. I don't think its a coincidence that the appliances were from Whirlpool, and there were Whirlpool commercials during the show.
quote]

Yeah I don't think they paid anything either. I was just being snarky.

Just like last week when they didn't have any furniture downstairs and Jon made the comment something to the effect - we don't have any furniture as we are not sure what we want to do. I read that as "we haven't had offers for free stuff that was good enough for us."

I noticed in last night's show they had a leather couch and leather recliner. Not my choice with 8 kids in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adj903 View Post
This show has definitely jumped the shark...
Yeah kinda like when the added Oliver to the Brady Bunch and Olivia to the Cosby Show.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
I posted on the other thread how I'm turning into a "hater" now. They used to seem like real people, but not any more. I used to think Kate was just quirky, but now she just comes across as mean and selfish.

The whole thing about men decorating being "creepy"? Hello... KATE. Have you ever hired an interior designer/decorator? Many of them are MEN! She seems really obsessed with male/female roles and what's appropriate for each sex to be doing. I'd love to see the look on her face some day when she finds out little Joel is gay. So far she seems oblivious to that, but she'll freak! Poor Joel.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The whole thing about men decorating being "creepy"? Hello... KATE. Have you ever hired an interior designer/decorator? Many of them are MEN! She seems really obsessed with male/female roles and what's appropriate for each sex to be doing.
I haven't seen this episode but can imagine what she said and meant..
Most men can't decorate.. think of fishing rooms, sports rooms, stripes, dark colors.

You'd laugh if you saw some of the things my hubby said he'd like for our new house. Once we're ready to buy I think I'll let him pick the stuff out just so he can appreciate me more... lol

Quote:
I'd love to see the look on her face some day when she finds out little Joel is gay. So far she seems oblivious to that, but she'll freak! Poor Joel.
It wouldn't surprise me, nor would it surprise me if one of the girls didn't like men.
Kate will be fine. They are her kids, I doubt she'd turn her back on them.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Just like last week when they didn't have any furniture downstairs and Jon made the comment something to the effect - we don't have any furniture as we are not sure what we want to do. I read that as "we haven't had offers for free stuff that was good enough for us."

I noticed in last night's show they had a leather couch and leather recliner. Not my choice with 8 kids in the house.
My hubby & I said the same thing when we moved into this house.
What's funny is some times I'll go out looking at furniture and not see anything, others I do

I'm pretty sure there is a family room and a formal living room.
At a message board I go to, some say the leathers are actually easier to keep clean with kids.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,196 times
Quote:
I'd love to see the look on her face some day when she finds out little Joel is gay. So far she seems oblivious to that, but she'll freak! Poor Joel.

LOL-I thought I was the only one who thought that!! I still like the show, but I did notice that she's into gender specific things recently.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
To all those saying Jon will end up leaving.....fat chance!

Can you imagine his child support payment? I wonder what judges do in that case- they can't garnish 80% of his paycheck. Or would they?

Your in for the long haul buddy, or at least until the last one turns 18. Or he could do what other browbeaten men do- drink.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
To all those saying Jon will end up leaving.....fat chance!

Can you imagine his child support payment? I wonder what judges do in that case- they can't garnish 80% of his paycheck. Or would they?

Your in for the long haul buddy, or at least until the last one turns 18. Or he could do what other browbeaten men do- drink.
Kinda hard to garnish a paycheck when you don't have a job. And if they got divorced, I don't think there would be too many requests to hear him speak. And of course his part in the show would be cut.

NEW SHOW: Bye Bye Jon Says Kate + 8

Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM

Besides, who says Kate would get the kids?

Not that I think they are going to get divorced.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 AM

288 posts, read 851,686 times
I don't get why people watch a show about other people raising kids. I saw one advertisement for this show and thought Kate looked like a selfish meany. I'd rather watch a show about how they raise their kids in other countries than watch a bunch of narcissistic Americans arguing about housekeeping or whatever they do that passes for "entertainment" on this show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV