Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
TBH I don't know why Jon and Kate even bothered with each other to begin with. Kate just saw Jon as an "Asian man" and her interest in him was fueled by racial/cultural curiousity more than anything else. Jon is an idiot for either not realizing this or just going along with it. Plus, Jon is a loser. Not in the druggie, hobo, did nothing with your life sort of loser but the sort of guy that everyone can push around.
Perhaps Jon is exibiting self control instead of yelling and having melt downs on television like she does. Perhaps he doesn't want to make an ass out of himself on television because he saw something about himself on the show that embarrassed him. At least Jon is in touch with his family and has a relationship with them, you certainly don't hear Kate talk about HER family. If those traits make him a loser, then God help society. Let's all just scream at everyone we feel like and throw self control and common courtesy down the toilet.

What makes you think that Kate just saw an "Asian man, and her interest was fuled by racial cultural curiosty" Has Kate said that ? I certainly haven't heard her say that.

On the other side of the coin, do you think that Jon just saw Kate as a "white woman" that was polite, intelligent and thoughtful" when he first met her ? She has definitely changed over the last few years, just watch season 1 again.

Perhaps they were in love when they married, but maybe the stress of having a camera crew in their home so much, becoming celebrities and having 8 children is wearing on their relationship.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,006 times
I wish people would just get off of their case. Kate is a lovely woman, inside and out, and it is clear that she loves Jon and vice versa. Anyone who is married will tell you that the squabbles they have are nothing. Both are extremely intelligent, and absolutely great examples of how you should parent. There are many bad parents out there are out there who can benefit from watching their show. People complain about Kate's OCB, but I'd rather see that in my wife, than OSB (Obsessive Slobbish Behavior). A lot of the calls for them to split up or go off the air is nothing but thinly disguised racism.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:11 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,355,449 times
I don't think it's racism. I think that's pretty racist thinking right there. I think people are just tired of them being in the spotlight. I'm sure there are lots of celebs that people would love to see retire. I don't think they are great examples of parenting. Yes, they are definitely far better than a lot but IMO they are far from great examples. Perhaps people wouldn't be so tired of them if they did something about Mady's poor behavior and Kate wasn't belittling Jon all the time. yes, that may be the way their relationship works. I know people who squabble in their relationships all the time, and they are in good marriages. But to belittle him over everything on national TV week after week takes a toll on people. I personally have stopped watching and change the channel immediately after LPBW so I don't have to watch them. It's too bad more people who didn't like them didn't just do the same but that's not how our society works, unfortunately. That said, I still think their show has served it's purpose and needs to end. I don't feel they are educating people any longer and that's what the show was doing when it started. I would guess that people who could use parenting tips aren't getting them from them - instead they are seeing a family benefiting from having so many kids. If they weren't doing the show, I seriously doubt they'd be living in a million dollar home and going on multiple vacations. It's gone of course for the worse.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times
All I have 'learned' from TLC is that I don't need to know any more about anything they might choose to broadcast.

I am glad that options exist for those who have fertility issues but honestly think that it would have been better for them to have stopped with the twins. Perhaps J & K think that, too?

Who can say.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,748 times
I don't think they are celebs. At first they were a family that was suppose to inform us on how a family has 6 babies and twins. We get it it is hard move on. What I see now is a couple living off their children. Who by the way is a blessing they recieved that years ago they would not have been able to have the procedure to have these children. So now you use that blessing to make money does not seem right. I think if you are teaching the public great but they are not. Kate or Jon do not work only on issues having to do with the family. Stop living off your children and the blessing you have recieved and go away. TLC please stop the shows like Jon and Kate we get it we don't need them so that like Jon and Kate and the Octo Mom we can see people living off their children instead of just being thankful they have them.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 AM

862 posts, read 1,644,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Perhaps Jon is exibiting self control instead of yelling and having melt downs on television like she does. Perhaps he doesn't want to make an ass out of himself on television because he saw something about himself on the show that embarrassed him. At least Jon is in touch with his family and has a relationship with them, you certainly don't hear Kate talk about HER family. If those traits make him a loser, then God help society. Let's all just scream at everyone we feel like and throw self control and common courtesy down the toilet.

What makes you think that Kate just saw an "Asian man, and her interest was fuled by racial cultural curiosty" Has Kate said that ? I certainly haven't heard her say that.

On the other side of the coin, do you think that Jon just saw Kate as a "white woman" that was polite, intelligent and thoughtful" when he first met her ? She has definitely changed over the last few years, just watch season 1 again.

Perhaps they were in love when they married, but maybe the stress of having a camera crew in their home so much, becoming celebrities and having 8 children is wearing on their relationship.
Good post!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mainegirl again.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,286,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I wish people would just get off of their case. Kate is a lovely woman, inside and out, and it is clear that she loves Jon and vice versa. Anyone who is married will tell you that the squabbles they have are nothing. Both are extremely intelligent, and absolutely great examples of how you should parent. There are many bad parents out there are out there who can benefit from watching their show. People complain about Kate's OCB, but I'd rather see that in my wife, than OSB (Obsessive Slobbish Behavior). A lot of the calls for them to split up or go off the air is nothing but thinly disguised racism.

I have been married for 16 yrs and would never treat my husband with the disrespect that Kate treats Jon to. While they both may be extremely intelligent they sure seem to miss what a brat Maddie is and as far as I can see refuse to do anything to discipline her. She treats her brothers and sisters the same way her Mom treats her Dad.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I don't think they are celebs. At first they were a family that was suppose to inform us on how a family has 6 babies and twins. We get it it is hard move on. What I see now is a couple living off their children. Who by the way is a blessing they recieved that years ago they would not have been able to have the procedure to have these children. So now you use that blessing to make money does not seem right. I think if you are teaching the public great but they are not. Kate or Jon do not work only on issues having to do with the family. Stop living off your children and the blessing you have recieved and go away. TLC please stop the shows like Jon and Kate we get it we don't need them so that like Jon and Kate and the Octo Mom we can see people living off their children instead of just being thankful they have them.
It started off being kind of a public tv sort of thing, but the huge tv numbers they were drawing took them into the celeb status, ie 'Oprah'. Not their fault, and they aren't exploting their children ala Suiliman. They are 2 of the best examples of how to parent out there. A lot of parents I know would do well to emulate them.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,748 times
Are you kidding me on them being great parents. I 'm not saying they are terrible but get real

Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I have been married for 16 yrs and would never treat my husband with the disrespect that Kate treats Jon to. While they both may be extremely intelligent they sure seem to miss what a brat Maddie is and as far as I can see refuse to do anything to discipline her. She treats her brothers and sisters the same way her Mom treats her Dad.
Totally disagree. A man can easily see the nature of a woman, the love or lack thereof, regardless of the 'face' that is put on it. I know plenty of women who in public act like they adore their husbands, and when they get home it's a totally different story. I hope Jon doesn't do anything stupid, because he has a rare bird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV