Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times

Advertisements

Oh to add on I guess there will be 5 girls that Kate is showing how to treat your husband. Break him down on public TV so he looks like a fool. Then get it on tape so all you kids can watch the total disfuction that goes on between your parents that the whole world got to see. Then if you talk to your husband like a fool and he sits there and says nothing , expect your husband to go party with college girls. I can't believe someone thinks these two are the next Ward and June and that we all should watch them and take notes. PLease can we stop putting labels on parents because they have a large number of children at once and I guess are better Mothers and work harder than the rest of us. Any parents who works hard at raising their children the best they can is a hero. THe problem is we don't have TV shows. We work.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Totally disagree. A man can easily see the nature of a woman, the love or lack thereof, regardless of the 'face' that is put on it. I know plenty of women who in public act like they adore their husbands, and when they get home it's a totally different story. I hope Jon doesn't do anything stupid, because he has a rare bird.

I actually think it is Kate who has a rare bird. I don't know many men who would tolerate being berated, talked down to, made fun of and disrespected like Kate does to Jon all on national television, I always think if she is willing to talk to him like that with an audience how bad she must be when the cameras go off. It would be interesting to get more men's takes on this because quite frankly most of what I hear is what a *#tch Kate is.

I also don't think they are the best parents they have one very out of control little girl who is going to get in alot of trouble as she gets older if they don't get a handle on her behavior. If they are the models of a loving marriage and good parenting then our world really sucks.

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 03-23-2009 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: added something

Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
I wish people would just get off of their case.
When you agree to be on a reality show exposing your life to the public, you have to accept that there are going to be negative responses and opinions as well as positive.

Quote:
Kate is a lovely woman, inside and out, and it is clear that she loves Jon and vice versa.
Do you know Kate personally to say she is a lovely woman ? The persona she dislpays on the program is less than "lovely" to many, many people. If she sees herself as being bossy, b*tchy, condescending to her husband etc and doesn't think it represents the Kate, then she has had plenty of opportunities to change her behavior while being filmed and interviewed.

Quote:
Anyone who is married will tell you that the squabbles they have are nothing.
That has been discussed and agreed upon long ago.

Quote:
Both are extremely intelligent, and absolutely great examples of how you should parent. There are many bad parents out there are out there who can benefit from watching their show. People complain about Kate's OCB, but I'd rather see that in my wife, than OSB (Obsessive Slobbish Behavior).
I'm curious as to who you think would benefit from watching their show ? She is not a horrible parent, and neither is Jon, but they certainly are not good examples to "bad parents". All she has shown is how to alienate her family, be obsessive compulsive about things, which in turn will make some of her children like that, and that exploiting your situation can make you a wealthy celebrity and allow for housekeepers and "helpers" as she refers to those who step in to take care of her children. Their parenting skills in regards to Mady is an obvious failure, that little brat needs to be counseled. Hopefully they see that and are doing so behind the scenes.

She admits she goes away often on business trips, no doubt to make MONEY. I don't consider that parent of the year material.

Quote:
A lot of the calls for them to split up or go off the air is nothing but thinly disguised racism.
I don't know whether to laugh at this remark or be angry. I am so sick and tired of people pulling out the the racism/victim card when it is not warranted, which in this case it is NOT. There are plenty of REAL racism situations going on that need to be addressed. This is not one of them.

Lastly, I don't think anyone here wants to see them break up, I think people are speculating as to the way that TLC advertised the season finale, along with other problems they see. I for one do NOT want to see them break up, it would be a tragedy to those children. I do want the program to end, as it has gotten old a LONG time ago, and has made Kate Gosselin a wealthy woman at the expense of the privacy of her children.

Last edited by mainegirl; 03-24-2009 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-24-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Oh to add on I guess there will be 5 girls that Kate is showing how to treat your husband. Break him down on public TV so he looks like a fool. Then get it on tape so all you kids can watch the total disfuction that goes on between your parents that the whole world got to see. Then if you talk to your husband like a fool and he sits there and says nothing , expect your husband to go party with college girls. I can't believe someone thinks these two are the next Ward and June and that we all should watch them and take notes. PLease can we stop putting labels on parents because they have a large number of children at once and I guess are better Mothers and work harder than the rest of us. Any parents who works hard at raising their children the best they can is a hero. THe problem is we don't have TV shows. We work.

Couldn't say it better.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Well, I saw the last show of the season and it was uncomfortable for ME to watch. I don't know that I've ever seen two more miserable people sitting side by side.

Kate's voice going on and on about the Harlem Globetrotters was somewhat emotionless. Jon had LITTLE to say. I'd much rather see the children than Jon and Kate. Kate kept saying that she was loving what she was doing and poor Jon was just "frustrated".

His "story" of helping his mom didn't even appear to be true. He kept looking down and muttering. Kate looked like a mom that was just disappointed in her child's actions.

Jon said they may or may not come back next season. I think this is a ploy to get mail. I guess they are hoping that the public will write in as to how much they want them back. And what was that comment about "our helper isn't a nanny". Who CARES?

Vicki

Old 03-24-2009, 07:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
She admits she goes away often on business trips, no doubt to make MONEY. I don't consider that parent of the year material.
You can't be serious with this as a criticism. LOTS of parents travel for business and are still fine parents.

As for the two of them, I can't tell you how many couples I know who are just like them. When one has a stronger personality than the other it is a natural progression to the extremes, especially in stressful or challenging circumstances. Add in 8 children and it's even easier to see how they got to where they are. Hey, when it comes right down to it, it's not a bad deal for either one of them. She gets to wear the pants and he doesn't have to be in charge of anything, he just has to do as he is told. As with any couple, I expect their relationship will grow and change as the kids do.

It's not at all the kind of relationship I would want but their relationship is mirrored in many homes across this country. The role of the dominant partner can be played by either the husband or the wife but it looks the same either way.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
You can't be serious with this as a criticism.
I'm quite serious.

Yes there are some who HAVE to go away for buiness trips to keep a JOB, food on the table and a roof over their heads. If Jon and Kate are able to purchase a 1.3 million dollar home plus whatever condo they purchased in Utah, I think it's quite safe to say that Kate does not need to be away a lot to keep food on the table. There's a difference.

I did not say that Kate is a terrible parent, I gave my opinion that she does not serve as a great role model for other parents, as Kramercat suggested.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Many people who have to travel for business, live well - are they bad parents too? Wonder if the wife stays home and the husband travels - is he a bad parent too? How do you know what Kate's obligations with TLC or anyone else is in order to promote the show which pays for the house. So I guess all actors, newspeople, politicians are bad parents since they obviously make more than what it takes to put food on the table and they usually have to travel for their jobs? Or is is just Kate that is held to this standard? If she were nicer would it be OK?

ETA - ok I missed the last part where you said "not a terrible parent" just a bad example - but I still stand by my response.....

Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
I didn't watch the show as I sais I won't anymore. Did I hear right they might not come back. I hope so I think it is time for them to BE PARENTS without a camera. Work on their marriage and go away.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Many people who have to travel for business, live well - are they bad parents too? Wonder if the wife stays home and the husband travels - is he a bad parent too? How do you know what Kate's obligations with TLC or anyone else is in order to promote the show which pays for the house. So I guess all actors, newspeople, politicians are bad parents since they obviously make more than what it takes to put food on the table and they usually have to travel for their jobs? Or is is just Kate that is held to this standard? If she were nicer would it be OK?

ETA - ok I missed the last part where you said "not a terrible parent" just a bad example - but I still stand by my response.....

And I stand by my response. It is Kate's choice to continue to do seasons with TLC to make money, and I feel it's at the expense of her marriage and her children's well being. She obviously feels otherwise, and she's free to do so.

We are not discussing other celebrities/politicians/newspeople, we are discussing Jon and Kate Gosselin in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV